ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Tony Franks
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: VERY random RS stories...plz share them here... Return to archive
3rd December 2006 04:52 PM
Paranoid_Android In the last 2 days...I had TWO random things happen and The Rolling Stones were involved...(I will keep them short)...

1) While chatting on line w/ MSN Help...I asked the tech where he was located, ( in these days of subcontracting...I always wonder what country I am chatting with). I was expecting to hear Idia...Philipines etc...I got a tech in Buenos Aires, AR!!
I asked if he went to see the Stones during the current tour and he said YES...Both Shows (or the last 2 tours) and he was a HUGE fan...I directed him to RO...so he may be on board (no pun intended) soon!!!

2) I was tending bar at my club...it was a private party, so we usually let the host bring in an iPod w/ their setlists etc...rarely a big deal, except that I usually hate the music...BIG surprise...EVERY OTHER song was a STONES song...I was in my glory...singing along as I poured the hootch all nite...I made great drinks, sang all nite long and made great tips!!!!!!

What are your random STONES STORIES?!?
3rd December 2006 05:29 PM
mrhipfl
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

2) I was tending bar at my club...it was a private party, so we usually let the host bring in an iPod w/ their setlists etc...rarely a big deal, except that I usually hate the music...BIG surprise...EVERY OTHER song was a STONES song...I was in my glory...singing along as I poured the hootch all nite...I made great drinks, sang all nite long and made great tips!!!!!!

tending bar at YOUR club, sure. Where have we heard that storie before?

Anyway, a couple of weeks ago I was in a music store looking for a new guitar. I started trying out a fender tele (even though I can't afford one) and played "Honky tonk woman." before I know it, someone started to play along with a bass, and then someone came in with the drums. It was a cool jam.
3rd December 2006 05:32 PM
Paranoid_Android
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:

My club...meaning where I work...sorry for the confusion...what a tuff crowd!!!

GREAT story btw!!

3rd December 2006 09:38 PM
robpop Last week my cousins and I went away for a week up in the montains. We have been doing this every year since we were in our early teens. Most of then go to hunt, I go to party, fuck around, and shit like that. Well a few of us went out bar hopping. On our last stop before closing time, we stopped in a bar in which the were about 15 dudes and 2 chicks (including the bar tender--the fucking hotest chick I had ever seen in the mountains of wester PA. An A list piece of ass). Everybody else in our party got shut off, but me. I was talking to some fucking redneck hill-billy about Tom Waits. Of course he had no fucking idea about what I was talking about. The hot bar tender turns out to be a big Tom Waits fan. We talked for a while, then I asked her what the greatest rock album was of all time. She did not say a word. She just took some money out of her tip jar, went over to the box, and played all of Exile. Fucking Exile!!! When she returned I did not know what to say. Speachless totally. The only thing that came to mind was Moonie's post about Jesus and Exile, and how God told him that was the greatest fucking thing he had ever heard. The girl loved it. SHe locked up and we hung out all night. Then we spent the rest of the week together, and she was here for the weekend. What a blast. I have not had that much fun since the X split last January.

Thank you my Steeler Nation brother.
[Edited by robpop]
3rd December 2006 09:42 PM
WattsAtScotts
quote:
robpop wrote:
Last week my cousins and I went away for a week up in the montains. We have been doing this every year since we were in our early teens. Most of then go to hunt, I go to party, fuck around, and shit like that. Well a few of us went out bar hopping. On our last stop before closing time, we stopped in a bar in which the were about 15 dudes and 2 chicks (including the bar tender--the fucking hotest chick I had ever seen in the mountains of wester PA. An A list piece of ass). Everybody else in our party got shut off, but me. I was talking to some fucking redneck hill-billy about Tom Waits. Of course he had no fucking idea about what I was talking about. The hot bar tender turns out to be a big Tom Waits fan. We talked for a while, then I asked her what the greatest rock album was of all time. She did not say a word. She just took some money out of her tip jar, went over to the box, and played all of Exile. Fucking Exile!!! When she returned I did not know what to say. Speachless totally. The only thing that came to mind was Moonie's post about Jesus and Exile, and how God told him that was the greatest fucking thing he had ever heard. The girl loved it. SHe locked up and we hung out all night. Then we spent the rest of the week together, and she was here for the weekend. What a blast. I have not had that much fun since the X split last January.

[Edited by robpop]

Congrats!
3rd December 2006 10:18 PM
robpop
quote:
WattsAtScotts wrote:

Congrats!

Thanks bro!
4th December 2006 01:34 AM
sirmoonie
quote:
Paranoid_Android wrote:
In the last 2 days...I had TWO random things happen and The Rolling Stones were involved...(I will keep them short)...

1) While chatting on line w/ MSN Help...I asked the tech where he was located, ( in these days of subcontracting...I always wonder what country I am chatting with). I was expecting to hear Idia...Philipines etc...I got a tech in Buenos Aires, AR!!
I asked if he went to see the Stones during the current tour and he said YES...Both Shows (or the last 2 tours) and he was a HUGE fan...I directed him to RO...so he may be on board (no pun intended) soon!!!

I've had phone sex with every attractive woman on the board. They all scream MICK at the hot parts. You just gotta do what you get accused of at some point - call it inverse OJismness. Wordism.
4th December 2006 05:13 AM
egon Here's MY story:

4th December 2006 06:48 PM
Bitch
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

I've had phone sex with every attractive woman on the board. They all scream MICK at the hot parts.

No, you haven't. And no, they don't. But it's a nice thought, SirM.
4th December 2006 06:56 PM
WJ
quote:
robpop wrote:
Last week my cousins and I went away for a week up in the montains. We have been doing this every year since we were in our early teens. Most of then go to hunt, I go to party, fuck around, and shit like that. Well a few of us went out bar hopping. On our last stop before closing time, we stopped in a bar in which the were about 15 dudes and 2 chicks (including the bar tender--the fucking hotest chick I had ever seen in the mountains of wester PA. An A list piece of ass). Everybody else in our party got shut off, but me. I was talking to some fucking redneck hill-billy about Tom Waits. Of course he had no fucking idea about what I was talking about. The hot bar tender turns out to be a big Tom Waits fan. We talked for a while, then I asked her what the greatest rock album was of all time. She did not say a word. She just took some money out of her tip jar, went over to the box, and played all of Exile. Fucking Exile!!! When she returned I did not know what to say. Speachless totally. The only thing that came to mind was Moonie's post about Jesus and Exile, and how God told him that was the greatest fucking thing he had ever heard. The girl loved it. SHe locked up and we hung out all night. Then we spent the rest of the week together, and she was here for the weekend. What a blast. I have not had that much fun since the X split last January.

[Edited by robpop]

Is this a true story? Sounds made up to me. Please provide pics.
4th December 2006 07:04 PM
robpop
quote:
WJ wrote:

True fucking story. I swear. Please provide audio of phone sex tape.
4th December 2006 07:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Bitch wrote:

No, you haven't. And no, they don't. But it's a nice thought, SirM.

You're funny. PM me your number, I got some new material I want to try out.
4th December 2006 07:12 PM
WJ
quote:
robpop wrote:

True fucking story. I swear. Please provide audio of phone sex tape.

Moonie has it. It's not very good; his Mom kept picking up the extension and screaming at Moonie to take the garbage out.
4th December 2006 07:32 PM
robpop
quote:
WJ wrote:

Moonie has it. It's not very good; his Mom kept picking up the extension and screaming at Moonie to take the garbage out.

I will provide pics after Christmas. I don't have any now. The story is true I swear. Great fucking night.
4th December 2006 07:36 PM
robpop
quote:
sirmoonie wrote:

You're funny. PM me your number, I got some new material I want to try out.

Please tape. Your material works. See above. You shall get full credit.

Bitch, PM him the number. I just heard through the back channel that he can get any woman off over the phone.
4th December 2006 07:38 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
WJ wrote:

You are a very cynical young lady.
4th December 2006 07:43 PM
WJ
quote:
robpop wrote:

Bitch, PM him the number. I just heard through the back channel that he can get any woman off over the phone.

It's true. Just be prepared for Moonie to call you Keith and you have to call him Mick. I didn't mind really, I had the easy role; I would just occasionally slur swear words and gulp Rebel Yell.
4th December 2006 10:16 PM
Bitch
quote:
robpop wrote:

OK, I'll bite. SirM you have a PM.

I always get me Rocks Off while I'm dreaming
4th December 2006 11:44 PM
robpop
quote:
Bitch wrote:

OK, I'll bite. SirM you have a PM.

I always get me Rocks Off while I'm dreaming

Good night guys. Have a blast. I can not wait for the audio from the back channel.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)