ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

© Tony Franks
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The TAMI show?? Return to archive
3rd December 2006 11:50 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves Anyone hear any rumors that Dick Clark is finally releasing the complete uncut version of the TAMI Show??
3rd December 2006 12:07 PM
Gazza I've heard that too. Supposedly it should be out early in 2007
3rd December 2006 07:22 PM
lotsajizz a real powerful performance from the boys that! I can't wait 'till I get a DVD to replace my crummy old copies!

4th December 2006 12:19 AM
guitarman53
quote:
Mahatma Kane Jeeves wrote:
Anyone hear any rumors that Dick Clark is finally releasing the complete uncut version of the TAMI Show??

I didn't know there was a uncut version of it, I have it on a tape called "That Was Rock" hosted by Chuck Berry, I heard a long time ago the Stones withdrew their performance from being seen on T.V. & so on, there was a show on T.V. quite a while back, of the TAMI show, & weren't allowed to use the Stones segment, The Beach Boys wouldn't let their performance be released on any media, somebody else making money of it, but not them.
4th December 2006 09:18 PM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves
quote:
guitarman53 wrote:

I didn't know there was a uncut version of it, I have it on a tape called "That Was Rock" hosted by Chuck Berry, I heard a long time ago the Stones withdrew their performance from being seen on T.V. & so on, there was a show on T.V. quite a while back, of the TAMI show, & weren't allowed to use the Stones segment, The Beach Boys wouldn't let their performance be released on any media, somebody else making money of it, but not them.

That Was Rock first came out on VHS in the early 80's. It was a combination of the TAMI Show and the UK Big TNT Show.
The Beach Boys used the TAMI show clip in their 1965 docu, The Beach Boys: An American Band.

I picked up my uncut DVD of 'TAMI' on ebay.
Amazingly enough, i can remember back on New Years eve 1980, the then-fledgling USA cable network ran 'TAMI' uncut!
Too bad i didnt have a VCR back then.....
4th December 2006 10:55 PM
Bruno Excelent performance, Brian was euphoric, see him in It´s All Over Now.

James Brown´s set is amazing
5th December 2006 06:47 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bruno wrote:
Excelent performance, Brian was euphoric, see him in It´s All Over Now.

yep...talk about knowing how to drive a crowd into a frenzy.

My favourite Brian-era Stones footage. It's superb. 'Off The Hook' is great as well
[Edited by Gazza]
5th December 2006 06:48 AM
Bitch
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I've heard that too. Supposedly it should be out early in 2007

Please tell us when it's released Gazza. As always, you're a wealth of information.
5th December 2006 07:05 AM
Mahatma Kane Jeeves
quote:
Bruno wrote:
James Brown´s set is amazing

Was it ever!!

Out Of Sight
Prisoner Of Love
Please, Please, Please
Night Train
!!!!!!
5th December 2006 07:12 AM
Gazza
quote:
Bitch wrote:

Please tell us when it's released Gazza. As always, you're a wealth of information.

supposedly it was mentioned on the Steve Hoffman Audiophile message board (no, I dont know him either, but a google search indicates he's an engineer who masters vinyl and CD at DCC)

www.stevehoffman.tv
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Hoffman

Thread about it on IORR a month ago, supposedly it will include 3 extra rehearsal tracks by the Stones in addition to their full appearance

http://www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,572333,574820#msg-574820

[Edited by Gazza]
5th December 2006 12:18 PM
Honky Tonk Man It's a great performance and is my favourite Brian era footage along with the NME 1964 Poll Winners
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)