ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2006

Đ Tony Franks
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2006 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Best speakers you've ever owned? Return to archive
29th November 2006 01:14 PM
Lil Brian I love my Klipsch Cornwalls. What do you like? Or what speakers suit the Stones' music the best? Let's hear it.
29th November 2006 01:19 PM
steel driving hammer My Stones speakers.

29th November 2006 02:01 PM
egon I've got me some infinity's.
Got a cheap deal at the american airforce base in frankfurt.
over 13 years ago now & they still go strong

And since i've got nothing better to do tonight,
i may even take & post a picture of them later on.
(whilst playing exile!)
29th November 2006 02:05 PM
Martha My JBL bookcase speakers ROCK!
29th November 2006 02:10 PM
Dubya These guys are the best speakers I ever owned

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

29th November 2006 02:10 PM
TampabayStone Used to have some Bose 501's, I got when stationed in Germany. Liked them a lot, but got a little big for my numorus apts over the years. Currently have a Bose Wave dealy, sounds great in my little house. About to buy a Home Theatre system to go with the new TV. Any ideas?
29th November 2006 02:12 PM
gimmekeef
quote:
Dubya wrote:
These guys are the best speakers I ever owned

You'll be the only one that misses em!
29th November 2006 02:17 PM
Nellcote I was a neglected youth, as I was not allowed to compete with my parents stereo system in the house, so, I took matters into my own hands at the minute I turned old enough to drive....even now, I only enjoy one of those mini stereos in my office, as time for enjoyment is not there at home, the kids gocrazygonuts with it...
Back in the day, I guess it should be referred to as the
technicolor days, I owned a big Buick convertible.
Big as a county big. Large. It was a tank.
This was circa 73-74.
It was the entertainment vehicle.
I had a Sharp 8 track player
I wired twelve speakers into this vehicle.
When the top was down, we'd plug in four more homemade Jensen units. Loud was an understatement.
Firecrakers in your face loud.
We would have terrific moments of driving thru grocery store parking lots, with the opening riffs of Johnny Winter yelling "ROCK AND ROLL" to the fright of those over 40.
We would tone it down to travel to Rhode Island, as being a youth in the day you could "buy" in Rhode Island...
On Friday nights, the night of choice, we would empty out the trunk, line it with plastic, buy several cases of hooch, or a keg, go to the rink or the milk plant in town, fill the trunk with ice, and to quote Jackie Gleason, "away we go....", with exotic tuneage entertaining those from Woostah to Truro...Ah, those were the days....

This 70's flashback was brought to you by Tango, the beverage of choice....
29th November 2006 02:35 PM
egon and there you go:

And now i have to get back to my stamp collection.
Oh, what a night it is!
29th November 2006 02:37 PM
Poplar
quote:
Martha wrote:
My JBL bookcase speakers ROCK!

DITTO!!! They also look really sharp tucked in my books, too. In the other room, I have a small three piece Bose system which sounds as good as anything I've ever heard. With good speakers these days, a little goes a long way.
29th November 2006 03:23 PM
texile i have a pair of giant kenwoods from the early 70s...
they kick ass.
my cousin gave me his old pioneer amp from the 60s and the speakers came with the deal.
the amp finally burned out but the speakers still hum like champs.
29th November 2006 04:18 PM
Joey " ...I was a neglected youth, as I was not allowed to .."

29th November 2006 05:13 PM
voodoopug I have a Bose Lifestyle 20 System. I do not play any hip hop or rap in my house, so these speakers work very well for me and I like the Home Theater sound they provide. Sadly, all we get to use the HOme theater for these days is so that the kids can here Barney and the Teletubbies in full digital sound and picture. We are far to exhausted and/or busy to spend much time watching movies once the kids retire for the evening.

These are not the speakers to get if you like hip hop or rap though.
29th November 2006 05:19 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
We are far to exhausted and/or busy to spend much time watching movies once the kids retire for the evening.

screw the kids. So long as you make time for your dogs.

its all about the pups really

always ask yourself: WWCRD?

[Edited by Saint Sway]
29th November 2006 07:09 PM
pdog Nice Infinity's egon.
I've always used them too...
They play loud and don't clip easily. I did destroy a magnet on one of my first pairs, but I was a teemager then...
29th November 2006 09:04 PM
Sir Stonesalot Speakers...Oh I've had 'em all. And blown most of 'em up.

I have a set of Marantz 16" woof 3 way floor speakers upstairs. I can rattle the windows with those puppies...and they don't distort easily so that is nice.

I have some big ol' Fisher 20" woof 3 way floor speakers in my bar downstairs, along with a powered sub-woof. I can literally make the pool balls move around on the pool table.
29th November 2006 09:32 PM
chevysales
quote:
Lil Brian wrote:
I love my Klipsch Cornwalls. What do you like? Or what speakers suit the Stones' music the best? Let's hear it.

klipsch are nice...i have their 5.1 THX offering for my desktop.

for my stereo i loved my B and H.
29th November 2006 09:34 PM
chevysales
quote:
voodoopug wrote:
I have a Bose Lifestyle 20 System. I do not play any hip hop or rap in my house, so these speakers work very well for me and I like the Home Theater sound they provide. Sadly, all we get to use the HOme theater for these days is so that the kids can here Barney and the Teletubbies in full digital sound and picture. We are far to exhausted and/or busy to spend much time watching movies once the kids retire for the evening.

These are not the speakers to get if you like hip hop or rap though.

no highs...no lows...must be BLOSE... all adverstiing and not a dime into R and D...they should be ashamed of their entire line... not since the 901's in the 70's have they made anythinh worth a damn.
29th November 2006 10:42 PM
duck Bose 301 @ Oak Advents
30th November 2006 11:14 AM
Martha
quote:
egon wrote:
and there you go:

And now i have to get back to my stamp collection.
Oh, what a night it is!

egon, I could LIVE in that speaker!
30th November 2006 11:21 AM
Joey
quote:
Martha wrote:

Hello My Stonesian Queen !
30th November 2006 11:28 AM
glencar I have B&W which are (gulp) Brit!
30th November 2006 11:54 AM
egon
quote:
Martha wrote:

you'd have to share with my housekeeper
30th November 2006 04:14 PM
mojoman
quote:
glencar wrote:
I have B&W which are (gulp) Brit!

i used to have a pair of B&W 660's used a NAD amp to drive them. they were an awesome pair of speakers. i periodically check their website to look and drool over the 800 series. part of their magic is that they work with all types of music. just have to convince the wife that instead of a european vacation or a new car we could have a pair of 803D's and a mcintosh amp to drive them.
30th November 2006 04:20 PM
glencar My friend, I spent a fortune on these speakers but they are worth every cent. I'm listening to the new Who album & it sounds great!
30th November 2006 10:30 PM
sweetcharmedlife My harmon/kardon speakers that I hook up to my Dell laptop. These fuckers ROCK!!
1st December 2006 04:01 AM
marko We have Bang&Olufsen sound system,actually a hometheatre.
That includes TV 32",(weights 100kg),4loud speakers,2 front
which are Bealab 1,back are Beolab 6000.
Subwoofer is a cube,850watts.Nice to watch movies....
Ok,Front speakers are about 180cm tall,All speakers are
ACTIVE,so is subwoofer.If you donīt know what it means,it
means,that each speaker has 2-3 amplifiers INSIDE,so canīt
break them by listening music.Front speakers and for subwoofer has their own "holes" for cooling down,by that time,if you can listen that LOUD,you would not have hearing anymore.
This system includes also my remastering set.As i donīt know how to "put" pictures in here,you can check Bang&Olufsen here
www.bang-olufsen.com
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)