ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Toyota Center - Houston, TX, December 1, 2005
© 2005 Courtesy of Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: 6th of December,our Independence Day Return to archive
December 6th, 2005 07:03 AM
marko Today,Finland is 88years old.
December 6th, 2005 07:19 AM
lotsajizz God Bless Carl Gustav von Mannerheim, a true giant of the twentieth century, Finland's 'liberator'. Born of Swedish noble ancestry in 1867 in the Finnish coastal town of Turku, then part of the Russian Empire, von Mannerheim was the archetype of the swashbuckling cavalry officer of the period. He served in the Czar's household and later took part in a magnificent expedition to Central Asia at the time when Russia and England were playing their 'Great Game' for control of India. A veteran of the Russo-Japanese war, von Mannerheim started the First World War as a cavalry brigade commander. He was commanding a corps by the start of the Revolution, whereupon the cavalryman, cut loose from his ties to Russia by the bloody Bolshevik coup, quite suddenly found himself the military leader of his native Finns, fighting for national independence against the expansionist Bolsheviks. With some international assistance, von Mannerheim decisively beat the Reds and established his country's independence. After a brief service as regent during the nation's transition to a peacetime democracy, the aging cavalryman retired to the life of a respected nobleman, revered by all his country, until the Russian crisis of 1939 compelled his return as national savior. Leading the Finnish army with extraordinary skill, the 72 year old Marshal inflicted casualties at least a ten to one ratio upon the Soviets and preserved his nation's independence.
December 6th, 2005 09:15 AM
gimmekeef Have a great day guys..congrats!...Finland is a world class country and admired...Freedom is sometimes taken for granted..and always worth fighting for...
December 6th, 2005 02:47 PM
Child of the Moon Congrats, marko my boy!

If it's all the same to you, I'm going to spend tonight commemorating the anniversary of Altamont by watching Gimme Shelter. But I'll drink to both you and Finland!
December 6th, 2005 03:19 PM
Surround Sister Long Live Suomi!!!!

My great grandpa, a Norweigan soldier with Swedish
roots in Jamtland, fought side by side with the Suomen Poika & got medal & a letter from Mannerheim.
December 7th, 2005 06:51 AM
Jair Congrats, Marko. I love Finland!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)