ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Toyota Center - Houston, TX, December 1, 2005
© 2005 Courtesy of Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ZZ Top ........appreciation thread Return to archive
December 5th, 2005 02:27 PM
Ten Thousand Motels I know I haven't started one of these types of threads lately. Well, it was starting to get old and I don't want to be a pain in the ass. But I just threw on an old ZZ Top tape that I'd lost for awhile. I'm just awestruck again...is it just my imagination or are these guys really that good ?
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
December 5th, 2005 02:50 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
December 5th, 2005 03:03 PM
Jumping Jack Yes, they are a very fun band.

I wonder what happened to the guitar Billy Gave Keef? Haven't seen it this tour. Ronnie's present is nice too but I much prefer he stick with his Zemaitis.
December 5th, 2005 03:12 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Hey... even nice looking chicks dig ZZ Top.

December 5th, 2005 03:18 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
December 5th, 2005 03:24 PM
Jumping Jack Billy wears more rediculous shit on his head than Keef!!!
December 5th, 2005 03:32 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
Jumping Jack wrote:
Billy wears more rediculous shit on his head than Keef!!!

Yeah, but it ain't the hat or the head that's important. It's the fingers. Look at them fingers, both Keith and Billy Gibbons. Them guys have great looking fingers...no?
December 5th, 2005 04:02 PM
egon she's got legs...
December 5th, 2005 04:14 PM
The Wick Rough Boy- great song.
December 5th, 2005 05:15 PM
Ronnie Richards Possibly the greatest thing about ZZ Top is their song titles..

"Jesus Just Left Chicago"
"Arrested For Driving While Blind"
"I'm Bad I'm Nationwide"
"Beer Drinkers & Hell Raisers"

to mention a few..
[Edited by Ronnie Richards]
December 5th, 2005 06:28 PM
lotsajizz Tush
December 5th, 2005 11:06 PM
keefjunkie I fucking LOVE ZZ i saw them this summer they were amazing.

Not to mention LOUD.

They have so many classic albums First Album,Rio Grand Mud,Tres Hombres,Fandango,Tejas,Deguello,El Loco,Eliminator,and Afterburner. Damn now thats a list.

I think zz top and the stones are the 2 most pure rock n roll bands ever.

oh add ac/dc in there too.
December 6th, 2005 12:10 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
lotsajizz wrote:
Tush

beat me to it.

i dig zztop...

great pic, with keef and the geetar billy gave him - didnt he use it satisfaction all last tour..?

paul scaeffer is all smiles back there with kid rock? what's he doing there..?
December 6th, 2005 05:55 AM
lotsajizz great minds think alike :-)
December 6th, 2005 06:05 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Good work Ten Thousand!!!!!!!

I fucking love these guys and have done for a VERY long time. I saw them at Brixton Academy when they were doing the Beer drinkers and Hell raisers tour and it was superb. Those boys can play!

ZZ Top forever
December 6th, 2005 06:10 AM
Jumacfly One of the Best Rock Band of the 80's!!
Eliminator and Afterburner are bloody hot classics!
December 6th, 2005 06:19 AM
Navin The dude without the beard goes by the name of Frank Beard
December 6th, 2005 06:26 AM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
mac_daddy wrote:
paul scaeffer is all smiles back there with kid rock? what's he doing there..?

Wow, I didn't even notice Kid Rock. It does seem that Kid Rock is everywhere.
December 6th, 2005 04:03 PM
Ronnie Richards
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
One of the Best Rock Band of the 80's!!
Eliminator and Afterburner are bloody hot classics!

Oh c'mon - they were certainly a whole lot better in the 70s.
They didn't avoid the plague of the 80's - that fucking horrible synth sound..
December 6th, 2005 04:16 PM
wisertime Yeah and "Afterburner" and "Recycler" are really bad, 70's albums are the best.
From the more recent albums, "Rhythmeen" is great.
December 6th, 2005 07:15 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Here they are so popular here, they fill arenas of 20,000 two days in a week without any problem, their shows are a little but fancy but crude Texan rock. I love their first albums, the first, Rio Grande (Rio Bravo the one who divide the USA and the USM aka Mexico) and Tres hombres, I love this cover LOL, and the album too

December 7th, 2005 04:44 AM
Doxa They did help to fill up the Helsinki stadium back in 2003. That's why they were added to the list. I find their music quite boring after three song, but anyway, I think they played much better and get better audience response than the Stones afterwards (ZZ Top have always been quite popular in Finland, and I suppose they have sold more albums here than the Stones). The Stones, namely, played their worst autopilot show I 've ever witnessed. Keef messed up the intro of "Brown Sugar"; all the players seems to be in different key (expect Ronnie who didn't touch his instrument at all for the first four numbers); Me, Stones fan for some 25 years, didn't recognized the song until chorus... The whole band sounded like miming and acting playing, not putting any energy and feeling on it at all... I was so disappointed; that was my first show in Licks tour but luckily - to retain some respect for my beloved band - I did saw them later in a better form, in fact in a superb form in Glasgow SECC...

And yes, Ronnie got a guitar from the beard guys (Keith had it earlier); they played the encore with those guitars, I if my memory serves me right.

- Doxa
December 7th, 2005 05:46 AM
Ten Thousand Motels

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)