ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Toyota Center - Houston, TX, December 1, 2005
© 2005 Courtesy of Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FAV BAND OTHER THAN THE STONES? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
December 5th, 2005 12:59 PM
monkey_man THE CLASH
December 5th, 2005 01:58 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:
THE CLASH

" It is a pity that The Clash broke up as I thought that they were a very good band . " ( Peter Dennis Blandford Townshend , November 1985 )

JACKY !!! ®
December 5th, 2005 02:12 PM
blondie-girl My fave artists (apart from the Stones) are (in no particular order):

Oasis, The Doors, Blondie, Creedence Clearwater Revival, Kings Of Leon, Madonna, The Strokes, Idlewild, The Charlatans UK, No Doubt, Gwen Stefani, Garbage, The Kinks, REM, etc etc!
December 5th, 2005 02:17 PM
voodoopug
quote:
Joey wrote:

Puggy ..................................

How was the Memphis Stones' gig ?!?!

fantastic show, we had 8th row seats, jb had 6th row, i had an aisle seat (see benefit of a big/tall man) before the show, jb and I greeted many at Alfreds on Beale street. No blindsided attacks occurred as we had surrounded ourselves with other big/tall men who would help defer any potential attacks.
December 5th, 2005 02:20 PM
monkey_man
quote:
Joey wrote:
" It is a pity that The Clash broke up as I thought that they were a very good band . " ( Peter Dennis Blandford Townshend , November 1985 )

I was lucky I got to see them 5 times before they broke up. . .including the show at Shea Stadium where they opened for The Who!!! A phenomenal show!
December 5th, 2005 02:47 PM
Joey
quote:
monkey_man wrote:

I was lucky I got to see them 5 times before they broke up. . .including the show at Shea Stadium where they opened for The Who!!! A phenomenal show!

http://www.thewholive.de/konzerte/zeige_konzert.php?GroupID=1&Jahr=1982

...I caught the Boulder , CO gig meself :

" 17.10.1982: Boulder, CO, Folsom Field
My Generation, I Can't Explain, Dangerous, Sister Disco, The Quiet One, It's Hard, Eminence Front, Behind Blue Eyes, Baba O'Riley, Drowned, A Man Is A Man, Cry If You Want, Who Are You, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, Substitute, 5.15, Love Reign O'er Me, Long Live Rock, Won't Get Fooled Again, Naked Eye, Summertime Blues, Twist And Shout "

[Edited by Joey]
December 5th, 2005 03:29 PM
texile AFTER THE STONES,
the beatles
the clash
sly and the family stone
December 5th, 2005 03:36 PM
pdog American: The Ramones
British: The Clash

December 5th, 2005 04:01 PM
Ten Thousand Motels Cat Stevens. I always like his tunes, He kind of reminded me of Warren Zevon in a way.
December 5th, 2005 04:13 PM
Joey " Cat Stevens. I always like his tunes, He kind of reminded me of Warren Zevon in a way."

December 5th, 2005 04:27 PM
Rizollin The Clash were my favorite band before I got into the Stones. It's great to see there are quite a few fans of 'em on this board. Must be some kinda correlation- like the Clash, like the Stones. For those of you not up to speed, I suggest downloading the following tunes and you'll be hooked for life:

Janie Jones
Police and Thieves
Safe European Home
Stay Free
All the Young Punks
Hateful
Rudie Can't Fail
Guns of Brixton
Magnificent Seven
One More Time
Know Your Rights
Many More...

The late Joe Strummer said in an interview something about how brilliant and inspirational Street Fighting Man was, and I think I remember guitarist Mick Jones saying one of his first musical memories is the Stones blasting out of a big wooden radio in a shop window. Cool!
December 5th, 2005 05:21 PM
Staffan I like several bands, but right now I really enjoy listening to Gentle Giant!

Does anyone else here like them?
December 5th, 2005 05:38 PM
geecee
quote:
rolling who wrote:
1. The Who
2. The High Numbers
3. Pete Townshend
4. Roger Daltrey
5. Keith Moon
6. John Entwistle
7. The Two

Respect.

And The Detours
December 5th, 2005 05:40 PM
texile the clash came after the stones for me -
right after the some girls/emotional rescue era....
the clash were political and urgent - and that appealed to me growing up in a redneck texas city.
December 5th, 2005 05:43 PM
texile straight to hell from combat rock was the most intense musical experience for me after exile...
December 5th, 2005 05:44 PM
RollingstonesUSA What part of texas.... I was born in Houston, and lived in cyris
December 5th, 2005 05:53 PM
Rizollin How could I forget Straight to Hell? The horror...
December 5th, 2005 06:04 PM
lotsajizz
quote:
Joey wrote:
=1&Jahr=1982

...I caught the Boulder , CO gig meself :

[Edited by Joey]

I did the November 27th, 1982: Orlando, Tangerine Bowl
I bought my tik for $75.00 while a freshman at UMiami, caught a ride up from Boca with some kid I matched up with from the radio station offering rides and riders from South Florida to the Who show. All Friday night we drove, coke, shrooms, beers, weed Every rest stop had tons of Who fans....arrived in Orlando at dawn---big parking lot scene...bought some acid early and spent the day trippin' my nuts off with no sleep from the night before. The gates opened at 11-ish and that's when I went in. B-52's about 3-ish--they lasted four songs, driven off by a barrage of bottles and insults.....Joan Jett an hour later was similarly abused, but fought back, flipped us off, swore at us, and had the crowd in the palm of her hand by her fifth song--she played an hour and was superb...then at 8-ish the big boys came on...acid still going strong!

My Generation, I Can't Explain, Dangerous, Sister Disco, The Quiet One, It's Hard, Eminence Front, Behind Blue Eyes, Baba O'Riley, I Can See For Miles, Drowned, Tattoo, Cry If You Want, Who Are You, Pinball Wizard, See Me Feel Me, 5.15, Love Reign O'er Me, Long Live Rock, Won't Get Fooled Again, Squeeze Box, Magic Bus

INCREDIBLE!!!!

my ride ditched me at three in the morning somewhere on I-95 in West Palm claiming no gas to get to me to Fort Lauderdale....called Mom in Lauderdale (God Bless Moms!!) and she drove and picked me up at around 4 AM....in Lauderdale by 5, quick breakfast, back to my UM dorm room by 7 AM...what a weekend!! PS--Mom got a t-shirt, she still has it
[Edited by lotsajizz]
[Edited by lotsajizz]
December 5th, 2005 06:10 PM
texile
quote:
RollingstonesUSA wrote:
What part of texas.... I was born in Houston, and lived in cyris

pasadena - one of the armpits surrounding houston...but i loved it like an embarrasing relative.
December 5th, 2005 06:24 PM
RollingstonesUSA Oh And Alice Cooper....
December 5th, 2005 06:32 PM
Soldatti Many... Zepp, The Who...
December 5th, 2005 09:23 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck
The Cramps
Sex Pistols
Iggy &Stooges
NY Dolls
Sigue Sigue Sputnik
Dead Boys
Carbon Silicon!

quote:
Rizollin wrote:
The late Joe Strummer said in an interview something about how brilliant and inspirational Street Fighting Man was, and I think I remember guitarist Mick Jones saying one of his first musical memories is the Stones blasting out of a big wooden radio in a shop window. Cool!

NO ELVIS BEATLES OR THE ROLLING STONES IN 1977!
[Edited by Zanck*Zanck*Zanck]
December 5th, 2005 09:53 PM
texile
quote:
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck wrote:

The Cramps
Sex Pistols
Iggy &Stooges
NY Dolls
Sigue Sigue Sputnik
Dead Boys
Carbon Silicon!

[Edited by Zanck*Zanck*Zanck]

yeah, infamous quote attributed to the entire punk movement at the time - but it was more a publicity tag than anything because as another famous quote summed up after the release of some girls...
'and no more sex pistols in 78...'
the clash did love the stones and they also loved disco...
December 5th, 2005 11:01 PM
Zanck*Zanck*Zanck Texile~
Heh! yes I know, I just think it's ironic Strummer/Jones waxing enthuastic about the Stones....
I enjoy The Clash as well...!
in fact Carbon Silicon is Mick Jones new band w/Tony James and they are most interesting
December 6th, 2005 12:29 AM
Barney Fife Aerosmith? Sheesh! How about some class from the working class!

December 6th, 2005 12:40 AM
Blind Dog McGhee that's right Barney, Dave is da man

December 6th, 2005 12:43 AM
polksalad69 Jon Dee Graham

December 6th, 2005 01:07 AM
sammy davis jr. Twilight Singers
Mark Lanegan Band
Kings of Leon

December 6th, 2005 02:31 AM
Freejack
I like Black Crowes and this new band called Stereoblasters from San Francisco

Very Rolling Stones like
www.myspace.com/thestereoblasters
December 6th, 2005 02:38 AM
pdog
quote:

For those who are idiots, this quote isn't a jab at the artists named. It's commentary on how there's no one as great as them at this time. Short sighted narrow minded fools often mistake this line as an attack on Elvis, Stones and Beatles. It's an attack on the industry of shit called Rock in 1977... Funny thing for me is, all the fools who were up in arms over this lyric also listened to crap bands like ELP and The Eagles...
There was no shortage of bad music in 1977 or today. It's us few, who know where the good shit is, and we tell you fools and ten years from now you'll be lucky to discover one of the hundreds of bands us rock snobs try to hip you too.
Page: 1 2 3
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)