ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Toyota Center - Houston, TX, December 1, 2005
© 2005 Courtesy of Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ?'s w/ 1989-10-07 Ames, IA Recording Return to archive
December 4th, 2005 08:09 PM
whipcomesdown Is anyone familiar with the AUD recording "Cyclone Over Ames Iowa" from 1989-10-07? Don't know the label or matrix & I've never come across any artwork for this one either.

My copy has some flaws & I'm trying to find out if they are only on my copy or if they are also on the original discs.

Disc 1 is 66:00 playing time and has 13 tracks. Track 8 is 4 seconds of silence. Intro/Start Me Up [Trk 1] starts with short burst of digi noise. Several tracks also have random gaps of silence in them. Mixed Emotions [Trk 11] has a gap towards the start of the song. Midnight Rambler [Trk 13] has a gap towards the end of the song. Track markers are also horribly out of place. Some songs begin 20 or 30 seconds into the track.

Disc 2 is 60:20 playing time and has 11 tracks. Track 9 is 4 seconds of silence. About 50 seconds of the end of 2000 Light Years [Trk 5] are at the start of Sympathy [Trk6]. Track 7 is Gimme Shelter/Band Intros and there's a silence gap towards the end of the song. It's only Rock 'n Roll [Trk 8] also has a gap in it.

This recording is actually quite nice. I made image WAV copies of both discs, re-sliced them with CDWav so the track markers are now at the beginning of the songs & cleaned up the gaps. This newly edited version beats the heck out of my original discs, but if anyone has clean originals maybe we can work out a trade or a torrent.

Thanks to anyone that can help.
December 5th, 2005 09:24 AM
marko Not sure is same source as mine,but my Ames is very nice.
No flaws,cuts or anything annoying,one of the best 89 aud
recordings in my collection,kick ass show too.
I´ll do B&p if you want to?
December 5th, 2005 09:36 AM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
Not sure is same source as mine,but my Ames is very nice.
No flaws,cuts or anything annoying,one of the best 89 aud
recordings in my collection,kick ass show too.
I´ll do B&p if you want to?

This was my very first Rolling Stones concert ....

.......I loved the show so much that I made the three hour trip to Arrowhead Stadium the next day to see the band perform in Kansas City on 10/8/89.

Word !

JACKY !!!!!! ®
December 5th, 2005 11:47 AM
Phog JoJo,

10/8/89 was my second Stones show, too!!
December 5th, 2005 11:51 AM
Joey
quote:
Phog wrote:
JoJo,

10/8/89 was my second Stones show, too!!

Hello Phoggy ..............................

Will you be seeing U2 at the QWEST in ten days ?!?!?!

www.U2Tours.com

JACKY !!!!!!
December 5th, 2005 12:15 PM
marko I have Kansas City too,decent recording.
December 5th, 2005 12:18 PM
whipcomesdown Thanks tons marko! Left 'ya a PM.
December 5th, 2005 12:27 PM
Joey
quote:
marko wrote:
I have Kansas City too,decent recording.

Hello Baby Marko .....................

Baby Joe
December 5th, 2005 12:52 PM
marko Hello baba Joey!
December 5th, 2005 04:24 PM
Phog Not going to U2, Joey. My next gig is the Stones in St. Louis unless something unexpected happens
December 5th, 2005 05:29 PM
Joey
quote:
Phog wrote:
Not going to U2, Joey.

You make Joey sad

www.omahameca.com

December 5th, 2005 05:39 PM
Phog Well, enjoy the show if you're going. And cheer up. Jan. 29 isn't too far off. Denver fucking smoked!!!
December 5th, 2005 05:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Phog wrote:
Denver fucking smoked!!!

I bet !!!!!!

The band ALWAYS plays well in Denver ( The 02/01/03 Rolling Stones gig was THE Greatest Rock ' n' Roll show that I have EVER experienced ) . Word !

" Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

JACKY !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)