ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Toyota Center - Houston, TX, December 1, 2005
© 2005 Courtesy of Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: NME review of Rarities Return to archive
December 4th, 2005 05:48 PM
Ronnie Richards http://www.nme.com/reviews/rolling-stones/7821
December 4th, 2005 05:50 PM
Ronnie Richards
"Of course, this being the best rock'n'roll band ever, there are moments of quality"

Good point.
December 4th, 2005 07:01 PM
Soldatti Rarities failed to reach the UK Top 75 this week, but it charted on the Top 200 at #133 with over 5,000 copies sold. ABB it's #146 in the UK chart too.

So far, Rarities charted on 4 countries:
Netherlands: #59
USA: #76 (22,000)
England: #133 (5,000)
Japan: #266 (939)
December 4th, 2005 07:06 PM
glencar How many weeks on the USA chart so far?
December 4th, 2005 07:07 PM
glencar Ouch!

Brown Sugar' with your Skinny Latte, sir?

So following those other cultural revolutionaries Bob Dylan, Ray Charles and, erm, Alanis Morissette, The Rolling Stones have got into bed with Starbucks. It'd be nice to think that, in giving them these utterly inessential scraps that these ex-poster boys for '60s rebellion were, in some small way, sticking it to The Man, but sadly Sir Mick probably truly believes that a bed-hopping zillionaire can legitimately claim to have 'the blues' (on '89's 'Fancy Man'), and that there are people out there who'll be aroused by an oversexed 60-year-old gyrating his way through 'I Just Wanna Make Love To You'. Other than your mum, obviously.

Of course, this being the best rock'n'roll band ever, there are moments of quality. 'Miss You' reminds us that, in the late '70s, the Stones were masters at lounge lizard disco, while, even in a live version from 1997, 'Wild Horses' still tugs at the heartstrings. But really, unless you own everything else the Stones have ever even thought about releasing, there are far, far better ways of spending your cash. And much more ethical ones, too.

Hamish MacBain
December 4th, 2005 07:07 PM
Soldatti I just cheched out the UK Top 50 Airplay and Rain Fall Down storms at #20, the biggest airplay hit since LARS.
The single will be released tomorrow in UK.

1(1): Madonna - Hung Up
2(11): Oasis - Let There Be Love
3(5): KT Tunstall - Under The Weather
4(4): Simon Webbe - No Worries
5(12): Robbie Williams - Advertising Space
6(13): Coldplay - Talk
7(2): Sugababes - Push The Button
8(10): David Gray - Hospital Food
9(24): Sugababes - Ugly
10(7): The Pussycat Dolls - Stickwitu
11(20): Franz Ferdinand - Walk Away
12(14): Daniel Powter - Bad Day
13(3): Craig David - Don't Love You No More (I'm Sorry)
14(6): Will Young - Switch It On
15(18): Tom Novy/Michael Marshall - Your Body
16(9): Robbie Williams - Tripping
17(21): Gorillaz - Dirty Harry
18(19): The Black Eyed Peas - My Humps
19(34): Kanye West/Adam Levine - Heard 'Em Say
20(NE): The Rolling Stones - Rain Fall Down
December 4th, 2005 07:10 PM
Soldatti
quote:
glencar wrote:
How many weeks on the USA chart so far?

It debuted this week at #76, I will be surprised with another week in the Top 200.
December 4th, 2005 07:17 PM
glencar Thanks for the info! So the Starbucks thing didn't help much...
December 5th, 2005 03:01 AM
hotlicks so this release is going to be the worst selling album by the stones........ever !
December 5th, 2005 04:50 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I think the review is fair comment. Rarities is definately an album for stoneslovers only.
December 5th, 2005 06:28 AM
corgi37 I'm a Stones lover, but i'll be fucked if i am going to buy this. Assuming i can get it in Australia anyway. I've got all the tracks in any case.
December 5th, 2005 12:14 PM
gimmekeef Stones marketing in 2005 = throw enough shit at the wall and hope something sticks!....
December 5th, 2005 01:03 PM
texile best thing about it is the cover...
December 5th, 2005 06:14 PM
Soldatti
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
Stones marketing in 2005 = throw enough shit at the wall and hope something sticks!....

This resume everything, isn't it?
December 5th, 2005 07:11 PM
Daethgod its in Oz corgi

EMI sent it over last night
i dig it

December 5th, 2005 09:12 PM
gotdablouse
quote:
Soldatti wrote:
I just cheched out the UK Top 50 Airplay and Rain Fall Down storms at #20, the biggest airplay hit since LARS.
The single will be released tomorrow in UK.

Only fair, that's their best groove since "Miss You" !
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)