ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Toyota Center - Houston, TX, December 1, 2005
© 2005 Courtesy of Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I HATE TICKETMASTER Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 2nd, 2005 12:35 PM
JaggerLips HOW ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO FILL OUT ALL THE FORMS WITHIN 1 MINUTE AND 45 SECONDS???? I FOUNF 2 REALLY GOOD TICKETS ON THE PITCH AT SHEFFIELD NOT FAR FROM THE MAINSTAGE AND B STAGE (HEAVEN) AND WHAT HAPPENS I GET BOOTED EVERY TIME!!! IS IT BECAUSE I HAVE A 56K MODEM!!!
THINK I'LL HAVE TO JUST CALL FOR TICKETS!
December 2nd, 2005 01:48 PM
gimmekeef You wont get any arguments with this post.However to avoid head aches with this pricks set up an account first.Then log on everytime before you try for tix..its much easier that way as they already have the info online ready yo process your order...And..yes who doesnt loathe these bottom feeding scumfuck twats?
December 2nd, 2005 01:49 PM
gimmekeef Or maybe it didnt work because you didnt pre pay the "convenience" fee..!!!!!
December 2nd, 2005 01:52 PM
Dan When I actually feel compelled to use Ticketmaster, I tend to be quite satisfied with the product and services I recieve.
December 2nd, 2005 03:27 PM
jostorm Are all these presales in Europe made easiest for American Express cardholders???????????
December 2nd, 2005 03:31 PM
Stray Cat UK Fucking Ticketbastard are at it again. I also saw the block C near B stage for £90 each + booking fee + postage + rs. CONNNNNNNNN. ! Platinum BOOKING FEE.

By the time I'd got my credit card ,they had gone.
I don't want to sit in the gods.

How come they started selling these a day early - BASTARDS.

Please excuse my swearing,but I think I'm heading for divorce over this tour.

Why do I have to be a fan (25years) of the Greediest ROCK N ROLL band in the world.

fuck it ,I'm off to McCartney .

sc uk
December 4th, 2005 10:53 AM
JaggerLips Glad (well i'm not glad) that others are in the same predicament as me!

I think i'll just use the phonelines, Last tour I had no problems whatsoever. I think Ticketmaster are a lot more strict on time.
I recall I could book tickets at my leisure!
December 4th, 2005 11:02 AM
Honky Tonk Man JaggerLips, I completely sympathise with you on this one.

I too had difficulty with Ticketmaster. I only managed to get a couple of £90 Upper Tier tickets for the first Wembley show.

My money situation is dire at the moment, so I'm not even going to attempt to get tickets for the second show.

Hopefully my money situation will be better next summer, so I'll probably make my way up there and buy one off a tout.
December 4th, 2005 11:12 AM
glencar How are the "touts"? I've never tried using them before but the tix for Wembley 1 are already sold out.
December 4th, 2005 11:19 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
glencar wrote:
How are the "touts"? I've never tried using them before but the tix for Wembley 1 are already sold out.

I don't know to be honest!

The way I view it is this. I don't have the money to get tickets for the second Wembley show. However, my money situation will hopefully be better net summer, so unless they're holding a few back and will put them on general sale nearer the time, my only option is to buy off a tout.

I really would like to catch more than one show on this tour and it's looking as if this will be the only option open to me.

I've never bought off a tout before and while you’re gong to pay more then you would off a registered retailer, I don't think they are always that unreasonable price-wise. Besides, on gig day, the near it gets to show time, the less the less money they'll except for a ticket. I hope!
December 4th, 2005 12:47 PM
Gazza I got a couple of £60 tickets in Block A this morning for Wembley #2 - 5th row centre.

A pity rs.com didnt screw up things for Wembley #1 or I'm sure I'd have got something similar for that one too.

What gets me though is that I was able to get the £60 Block A tickets for these shows easier than when I tried for Glasgow. They dont seem to have existed for that one!
December 4th, 2005 01:25 PM
marko Why worry about tickets,its easy to get them anyway,i´ll buy them just before show time.
December 4th, 2005 01:31 PM
Dan I'm with Marko. I sure wouldn't want to buy overpriced stadium tickets 9 months in advance for venue that has yet to be built. Not sure how different the secondary market is in the UK but around here, the bigger the venue, the more tickets are available and the lower the price. PAid $20 each for 2 tix to Anaheim.
December 4th, 2005 01:31 PM
blackandblue Down the drain with ticketmaster. Long live Jaggerlips!
Hasn't someone a ticket left for my baby?
I think she deserves one because she's a hardcore fan! She is one of the few members on this board who defended A Bigger Bang.
So you guys who have bought ten tickets because granny and gramps want to come along should show mercy and sell Jaggerlips a ticket.

[Edited by blackandblue]
December 4th, 2005 02:40 PM
Gazza
quote:
Dan wrote:
I'm with Marko. I sure wouldn't want to buy overpriced stadium tickets 9 months in advance for venue that has yet to be built. Not sure how different the secondary market is in the UK but around here, the bigger the venue, the more tickets are available and the lower the price. PAid $20 each for 2 tix to Anaheim.

I'm not that worried either. £60 for the 5th row at wembley is pretty decent. However I wont pay £150 for any ticket on this tour as a matter of principle, and certainly wont be paying more than what the fans in the rest of the countries in Europe are paying.

I'm certainly not panicking because I didnt get tickets for Wembley #1. I've 9 months to get something half decent and for less than face value.
December 4th, 2005 02:53 PM
gorda Well, it's never good to plan things too much. The first time, I saw the Stones, I bought my tickets last minute, and I was 5 rows from the stage on the side. There they were the Stones! Super close.

This tour, I got up early and waited in line before they even opened the store (that has Ticketmaster) and . . .
I got okay tickets for both shows. But, the first night, I was tired and sleepy, and the second night, I was so drunk, I vaguely remember it.

But, I did see Metallica, FRONT-ROW-CENTER!

WHOOOOOOOOOO-HOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

YEAH!

I was drunk, but from what I vaguely remember I had blast! And, I have a copy of that very show, too!

Metallica Rocks!

Who knew I was such a fan?

Life is full of surprises!

Don't plan things and just fucken enjoy it!
December 4th, 2005 02:57 PM
gorda Actually, I just remembered the second show was added later. And, I bought those floor tickets way after the tickets had gone on sale. I didn't wait in line, but I paid like a $1,000 dollars for 2 tickets!

And,even though I was on the floor, the Stones were far away!

But, when Metallica was on I ran to the front!

Yeah!
December 4th, 2005 04:10 PM
blackandblue
quote:
gorda wrote:
Actually, I just remembered the second show was added later. And, I bought those floor tickets way after the tickets had gone on sale. I didn't wait in line, but I paid like a $1,000 dollars for 2 tickets!

And,even though I was on the floor, the Stones were far away!

But, when Metallica was on I ran to the front!

Yeah!

You ran and you were drunk? That's quite an achievement!
December 4th, 2005 04:34 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat Ticketmaster is great. I managed to get a FOS for Amsterdam at 11:02 last saturday morning, 1 hour after the sale started.
December 4th, 2005 04:41 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:
Ticketmaster is great. I managed to get a FOS for Amsterdam at 11:02 last saturday morning, 1 hour after the sale started.

Poor man. Everybody who attends a show in the Arena must be out of his mind.
December 4th, 2005 04:43 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Poor man. Everybody who attends a show in the Arena must be out of his mind.

I am not poor. Fairly wealthy.
December 4th, 2005 04:49 PM
blackandblue Ok, wealthy and out of your mind which makes it even worse.
December 4th, 2005 04:53 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
Ok, wealthy and out of your mind which makes it even worse.

Why?
December 4th, 2005 04:55 PM
blackandblue
quote:
Strange_Stray_Cat wrote:

Why?

Because in that case you can afford to see them everywhere in Europe. But of all places you choose a stadium where the acoustics are the worst you can imagine.
December 4th, 2005 05:03 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat
quote:
blackandblue wrote:

Because in that case you can afford to see them everywhere in Europe. But of all places you choose a stadium where the acoustics are the worst you can imagine.

I will see them everywhere in Europe...
December 4th, 2005 08:57 PM
blondie-girl Hi everyone, I'm new

I'm 23 but I've been a big Stones fan for a few years now...i'm yet to see them live though unfortunately.

I tried to get tickets for the Wembley show on Friday too, and had no luck on the phone or internet. I'm gonna try again on Friday though, I really hope I can get 2 in one of the front blocks on the pitch, I really wanna go!!

I notice some of you mention there's £60 seats in the front blocks, are those seats available to the general public or just fan club members?
I want a good close or close-ish view so I was only searching for the £150 tickets on Friday, as I assumed all the close seats would be the highest price, but it sounds like i'm wrong?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Vicki x
December 5th, 2005 04:01 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
marko wrote:
Why worry about tickets,its easy to get them anyway,i´ll buy them just before show time.

I ll probably do that too.
I refuse to panic and to give credit to this bloody system of selling tickets.
Michael Cohl you won t have me!!
December 5th, 2005 10:44 AM
Gazza
quote:
blondie-girl wrote:
Hi everyone, I'm new

I'm 23 but I've been a big Stones fan for a few years now...i'm yet to see them live though unfortunately.

I tried to get tickets for the Wembley show on Friday too, and had no luck on the phone or internet. I'm gonna try again on Friday though, I really hope I can get 2 in one of the front blocks on the pitch, I really wanna go!!

I notice some of you mention there's £60 seats in the front blocks, are those seats available to the general public or just fan club members?
I want a good close or close-ish view so I was only searching for the £150 tickets on Friday, as I assumed all the close seats would be the highest price, but it sounds like i'm wrong?

Thanks in advance for any answers!

Vicki x

Hi there Vicki. Good to see you here

The front block on the pitch were £60. Most (if not all) would have been snapped up in the fan club presale. The fan club allocation was gone in a few minutes. In theory, its possible there could be a few available for the 2nd show when they go on public sale, but I would imagine that the amount would be almost negligible

Block B and Block C on the pitch seem to be £150. There were tickets in Block D on the presale for £90. Those seats are about level with the b-stage so if you want to be on the pitch and dont want to pay £150, that might be worth trying for. I've had Block B £150 tickets before and in my experience theyre not that great. Certainly not for that money.

Unfortunately the way of distributing tickets is done quite deceitfully. They tend to hold some good less expensive tickets back at first in order to get you to panic buy the £150 tickets that arent THAT great, thinking that its all there is available

Just remember when youre looking for tickets that the most expensive tickets arent necessarily the best. Type in the price youre willing to pay and then look for 'best available'. You could end up getting better tickets for £90 than some will for £150.
December 5th, 2005 11:18 AM
blondie-girl Hi Gazza, thanks so much for the detailed info and welcoming me to this lovely Stones community.
Interesting to see that the best seats aren't necessarily the £150 ones.

Now, you're all probably going to hate me for this...but i won 2 tickets for the first Wembley show today on Virgin Radio! I'm SOOOO EXCITED! I still can't believe it!

If anyone else wants to try to win tickets, Virgin Radio are giving them away from today until Friday, for all UK dates...good luck, I hope you get lucky like me!

Vicki x
December 5th, 2005 11:43 AM
Gazza Looks like I wasted my time, then...LOL

Holy Christ. What a stroke of luck. Well done.
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)