ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Toyota Center - Houston, TX, December 1, 2005
© 2005 Courtesy of Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: MACCA Boycotts China ....... ( N.S.C. ) Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 1st, 2005 03:20 PM
Joey
“ McCartney's solo boycott of China - Beatle condemns 'barbaric' trade in dog and cat fur “

“ Paul McCartney has angrily denounced China and vowed never to perform there after seeing 'horrific' undercover film of dogs and cats being brutalised and then killed for their fur.

The former Beatle condemned images of the animals being killed in a fur market in the Guangzhou region of southern China, adding that he intends to stay away from the 2008 Beijing Olympics. He and his wife, Heather, a committed animals right supporter, also urged people to boycott Chinese goods, which drew a sharp response from the Chinese embassy in London.

In the film, shot for the People for the Ethical treatment of Animals (Peta) campaign group, dogs and cats are pictured being thrown from the top deck of a converted bus on to concrete pavements. The screaming animals, many with their paws now smashed from the fall, are then lifted up with long metal tongs and thrown over a 7ft fence.

Some are beaten by laughing workers. All are then killed and skinned for their fur. Many are believed still to be alive as their skins are peeled away.

The McCartneys looked close to tears as they watched the footage for a special report on BBC1's Six O'Clock News, to be screened tomorrow night. 'This is barbaric. Horrific,' Paul McCartney said. 'It's like something out of the Dark Ages. And they seem to get a kick out it. They're just sick, sick people.

'I wouldn't even dream of going over there to play, in the same way I wouldn't go to a country that supported apartheid. This is just disgusting. It's against every rule of humanity.'

In another piece of harrowing footage, shot by an undercover investigator connected to Peta, cats are seen squirming inside a sack, which is then thrown into a vat of steaming water. They are boiled to death and skinned by a fleecing machine.

Campaigners estimate that more than two million dogs and cats are killed for their fur in China every year. The rapidly expanding economic giant, which also farms animals such as mink for their fur, makes over half of the world's fur products.

The comments by McCartney will come as a blow for his Chinese fans - the Beatles are hugely popular in the world's most populous state.

'People think because China is going to host the Olympics then they must be coming into the modern world, but then you see this sort of stuff,' he said. 'Surely the authorities there must realise how bad this looks? How can the host nation of the Olympics be seen allowing animals to be treated in this terrible way?

'If they want to consider themselves a civilised nation, they're going to have to stop this.'

The footage also provoked fierce criticism from Heather Mills McCartney. 'I don't understand why they don't at least treat them humanely,' she said. 'Why do they have to torture them in this way? What do they get out of it? They're not even killed cleanly. I've seen so much footage where these poor creatures are clearly alive when they're skinned. And for what? For fashion? It's sick.

'People in every other country in the world should now boycott Chinese goods. If we can hit them in their pockets, maybe they'll do something to stop this.' “

http://www.maccareport.com/

December 1st, 2005 05:05 PM
Gazza It says it all that he boycotts a country because of their attitude towards animals and not because of their appalling human rights record
December 1st, 2005 05:10 PM
Joey " ... dogs and cats are pictured being thrown from the top deck of a converted bus on to concrete pavements. The screaming animals, many with their paws now smashed from the fall, are then lifted up with long metal tongs and thrown over a 7ft fence.

Some are beaten by laughing workers. All are then killed and skinned for their fur. Many are believed still to be alive as their skins are peeled away. "

Why ?!?!

WHY ?!?!

December 1st, 2005 05:17 PM
full moon I will burn one down for MACCA right now Joseph.
December 1st, 2005 05:27 PM
glencar
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It says it all that he boycotts a country because of their attitude towards animals and not because of their appalling human rights record

Amazing, isn't he? They've got slaves making crap, they control various sects & they jail anyone who criticizes the gov't yet the way they treat their chickens is what assaults Macca's conscience.
December 1st, 2005 05:33 PM
Back Street Girl Posted November 28th, 2005 10:57 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sir Paul McCartney has vowed never to perform in China after seeing horrific undercover footage of dogs and cats being killed for their fur.

Lucky,lucky,lucky bastards.

-----------------------------
Please don't judge me too harshly
December 1st, 2005 05:38 PM
Joey
quote:
Back Street Girl wrote:
Posted November 28th, 2005 10:57 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sir Paul McCartney has vowed never to perform in China after seeing horrific undercover footage of dogs and cats being killed for their fur.

Lucky,lucky,lucky bastards.

-----------------------------
Please don't judge me too harshly

You shall NOT be greeted !!!!!!

December 1st, 2005 05:52 PM
glencar Is Macca playing at that Omaha dump? What about Phyllis Diller?
December 1st, 2005 06:36 PM
Back Street Girl
quote:
Joey wrote:

You shall NOT be greeted !!!!!!

December 1st, 2005 08:17 PM
Dick Bush McCartney:

http://i.pbase.com/o4/08/616308/1/53021887.nocoment.jpg

December 1st, 2005 08:41 PM
Ramrod I'm right behind Macca on this one. He is prepared to take a moral stance ahead of making a dollar and if more people took this attitude then much of the shit that goes on in this world would cease.

By the way it is a very unfair criticism to make of Macca to say that he only gets upset about animal and not human suffering. What about the landmine campaign?
December 2nd, 2005 01:55 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:
It says it all that he boycotts a country because of their attitude towards animals and not because of their appalling human rights record

Word.
December 2nd, 2005 07:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Ramrod wrote:
I'm right behind Macca on this one. He is prepared to take a moral stance ahead of making a dollar and if more people took this attitude then much of the shit that goes on in this world would cease.

By the way it is a very unfair criticism to make of Macca to say that he only gets upset about animal and not human suffering. What about the landmine campaign?

what about it? Is that the only human rights issue in the world? As far as I'm aware its not an issue in China anyway.

Point is, he would have been quite happy to play China only for their treatment of animals (which is in itself a worthy moral stance as you say)

Yet their treatment of human beings - which he cant have NOT known about when he planned to play there to begin with - doesnt bother him that much?

Maybe if he took a similar attitude on THAT issue, as you put it so eloquently "much of the shit that goes on in this world would cease".

And before anyone mentions the Stones, no, I dont think they should have played there either. Nor should the IOC have awarded Beijing the Olympics for that matter.
December 2nd, 2005 08:20 AM
justforyou I'm totally with ramrod on this. By making the world more aware of uncalled for suffering, he is helping the world improve itself.

If animals in China get better treatment, wouldn't it also help the people there ? I mean, you wouldn't be treating animals better than humans ??

Animals have few or no rights anywhere. Monkeys gettting abused for the sake of medical progress. Millions of labrats being injected with disease and poisons. And the atrocities go on. Yay, money, progress, PHD's and uuuhhhmmm LOVE ?
December 2nd, 2005 09:32 AM
Joey [quote]justforyou wrote:
I'm totally with ramrod on this. By making the world more aware of uncalled for suffering, he is helping the world improve itself.

If animals in China get better treatment, wouldn't it also help the people there ? I mean, you wouldn't be treating animals better than humans ??

Animals have few or no rights anywhere. Monkeys gettting abused for the sake of medical progress. Millions of labrats being injected with disease and poisons. And the atrocities go on. Yay, money, progress, PHD's and uuuhhhmmm LOVE ?
[/quote ]

justforyou .......................

You are much loved by The Joey
December 2nd, 2005 09:34 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
Is Macca playing at that Omaha dump? What about Phyllis Diller?

Blue ............................

MACCA performed at THE QWEST on 10/30/05

U2 on 12/15/05

STONES on 01/29/06 ( You SHALL be greeted )

www.omahameca.com

[ Edited by Blue ]

[Edited by Joey]
December 2nd, 2005 09:50 AM
gimmekeef Lucky Chinese I say!..Put it in a Peta and eat it Sir Paul..
December 2nd, 2005 03:17 PM
Joey " Lucky Chinese I say!..Put it in a Peta and eat it Sir Paul.."

Why ?!?! ... WHY ?!?!

Why do you make the Joey cry so violently ---- When all the Joey does ................. is love .

Joeykins ( He just loves .......... and you ?!?! )

[Edited by Joey]
December 2nd, 2005 03:32 PM
glencar I think things like the Stones or Macca performing in China or the Olympics for the matter can only be a positive force. The more those people see of the outside world, the better.
December 2nd, 2005 03:53 PM
jostorm I think the same, Gazza, but you put it much better than I could have possibly put it.
The Chinese actually tissue-type their imprisioned political dissidents, so that their organs can be removed for immediate transplant at he time of their executions. They invaded Tibet and are still carrying out genocide and the destruction of a culture, that generally is tolerated by other countries through their lack of interest, or their indifference,instead of being sanctioned and , and , and.....

BUT:
At least Macca has the balls to openly attack the Chinese Government for SOMETHING, and he certainly has the kudos and influence and free publicity to do so ,and all that WITHOUT a political party or any voters to answer to....

...and the Chinese ARE single-handedly responsible for endless cruelty towards, and bringing to the brink of extinction many species of endangered animals. Think of sharkfin soup and ground tiger penis bone sprinkled onto food as an aphrodisiac, or powdered rhino-horn, or bear's bile drunk for Godknowswhat, and these poor bears are kept with a painful opening with a copper tube directly into their gallbladder, a painful chain through the septum of their noses to be handled and bile taken out daily, I could carry on for hours.....

So, try and buy something nowadays that isn't made in China. Even my fucking brandnew iPod is assembled in China, for crying out loud! Most rich european countries rely on contracting most of their production and basic industrial work out to China, they are now one of the three largest producing countries and also one of the largest consumers of oil crude, electricity.....
Man, we are doomed!

So, nice of someone once in a while to attack the Chinese, even if not for your own personal favourite reason.

Johanna
December 2nd, 2005 05:19 PM
Joey " So, nice of someone once in a while to attack the Chinese, even if not for your own personal favourite reason."

Oh , that is Beautiful !!!!!

Come to Joey ...........................

[Edited by Joey]
December 2nd, 2005 09:41 PM
full moon I shall put on McCartney 2 and burn one for Macca.
December 3rd, 2005 06:23 AM
Jumping Jack Bush and the CIA must be behind this!!!
December 4th, 2005 03:47 PM
Joey

" I believe we made two mistakes in Judgment during the course of the war ...... 1 ) we underestimated the sheer tenacity of the insurgency and 2 ) we overestimated the patience of the American People . " ( Dean Rusk , former Secretary of State during the years 1961 - 1969 )

JACKY

[Edited by Joey]
December 4th, 2005 04:05 PM
blackandblue What a blessing JB doesn't read this thread.
December 4th, 2005 05:16 PM
Joey
quote:
blackandblue wrote:
What a blessing JB doesn't read this thread.

Why this ?!?!

I don't understand .................... ?!?!

Why ?!?! ... WHY ?!?!

Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?! Why ?!?!

Jacky !

December 4th, 2005 07:30 PM
the good Macca is officially an idiot. He was turned off by China's treatment of animals? I guess the 1.3 billion people living in China under total repression are expendable. I'll bet he would have played Tiananmen Square unless he learned that the Chinese government wasn't properly caring for the pigeons living there.
[Edited by the good]
December 4th, 2005 07:48 PM
glencar He's been an idiot for at least 3 decades now...
December 5th, 2005 08:59 AM
Joey
quote:
glencar wrote:
He's been an idiot for at least 3 decades now...

I swear you shall NOT be greeted in forty five days .

I swear it ..................... !

[Edited by Joey]
December 5th, 2005 10:30 AM
blackandblue What a blessing JB doesn't read this thread and therefore is not humiliated again
[Edited by blackandblue]
Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)