ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Toyota Center - Houston, TX, December 1, 2005
© 2005 Courtesy of Wenn with thanks to Gypsy!
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Questions about Let it Bleed Return to archive
December 1st, 2005 10:48 AM
Jair I just received by mail from a friend a copy of a Russian edition of Let It Bleed. I doubt its official, but promise its interesting!

Came along to CD a poster, a booklet with several covers (Russian, Jap, Mexican, German...) plus seven bonus trax.

So, I have some questions, if you please:

The original edition had the poster and the sheet lyrics?
The bonus songs are available in which boots?

Here are the tracks:

- Gimme Shelter - Keith on vocal
- Honky Tonk Woman - Alternate w/ different "song text"
- Loving Cup - Alternate
- You got the Silver - Mick Jagger on Vocal
- Sister Morphine - No more aditional info
- Memo from Turner - Alternate, w/ diff rhythm
- Honky Tonk Woman - 45 mono, mix.

THANKS FOR BEING SOOOOOO NICE!!!!!!!!
December 1st, 2005 11:38 AM
GimmeExile Those bonus songs look like the same ones on Mickboy's remaster of Let it Bleed.
December 1st, 2005 11:46 AM
FPM C10 The original album - which I got for Christmas in 1969 - had the poster (which adorned my bedroom wall), but no lyric sheet. The dust sleeve had who played what and the instructions "This record should be played loud". Also the mysterious words "Hard Knox & Durty Sox" which I took to be a message to my best buddy in 5th grade, Alan Knox.

Man! I listened to that album ENDLESSLY that winter. It's one of the reasons I am who I am (for better or worse!)

All those alternate tracks you mentioned are on the mono version of Let It Bleed I have - don't have it here at work so I can't tell you much about it except it's great.
December 1st, 2005 12:01 PM
Jair
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:
(...)

All those alternate tracks you mentioned are on the mono version of Let It Bleed I have - don't have it here at work so I can't tell you much about it except it's great.

MANY THANKS, FPM C10.
YOU ARE SOOOOOOOO COOOOOOOOOOOL!!!!!!
And................ -funny!!!!!!!!!!!

December 1st, 2005 12:13 PM
Joey
quote:
Jair wrote:

Bless You Jair .

What Can I say ?!?!?! ...... some ' got it ' and some do not !!!

You see Jair ................ as a great writer ...... I pride myself on the knowledge that one does not always have to be on top of their .................

******** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION ********
December 1st, 2005 12:50 PM
Jair
quote:
Joey wrote:

Bless You Jair .

What Can I say ?!?!?! ...... some ' got it ' and some do not !!!

You see Jair ................ as a great writer ...... I pride myself on the knowledge that one does not always have to be on top of their .................

******** ABRUPT END TO TRANSMISSION ********

Do you really think so?
Bless You Joey, "the" Great.

December 1st, 2005 01:28 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Jair wrote:

MANY THANKS, FPM C10.

Fleabit é o cara.... he's the man.... coolness all the way....

"My best buddy Ronnie, with some booze, snow and Rock'n'Roll"
December 1st, 2005 04:13 PM
FPM C10 Thank you, my friends. Thank you Jair - however I must warn you that thinking I'm cool might be construed as unAmerican!

Just because you're NOT American doesn't give you any right to be UNAmerican...I think.

Young Jay, you are my brother. Some day we will share a booze, and those other things you mentioned.

December 1st, 2005 04:40 PM
Joey
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Just because you're NOT American doesn't give you any right to be UNAmerican...I think.

Young Jay, you are my brother. Some day we will share a booze, and those other things you mentioned.

December 1st, 2005 08:47 PM
Ramrod Hey Joey, that thing with Hitler and George had me pissing my self laughing! You are too cool!!!!
December 2nd, 2005 06:49 AM
Jair
quote:
FPM C10 wrote:

Thank you, my friends. Thank you Jair - however I must warn you that thinking I'm cool might be construed as unAmerican!

"You talking to me?" (I've heard this one in some movie, dont recall right now which one, except a famous movie...

You right FPM C10, I dont think I got the right to be
UNAmerican, since I'm NOT American.

Of course I have my thoughts (no!!!!!!!! about it, but I keep them to me.

Actually, I've learned like you all Americans (well, except Garth Brooks) - very much. Ask Glencar, which imo is a great guy. I have a great respect about him.

Since you dont stop to making movies, Coca-Cola, Gillette, Windows, Donuts, MacDonalds, I think everything's ok.

And, at last but no least, I actually think you're cool and funny.

December 2nd, 2005 11:43 AM
Joey
quote:
Ramrod wrote:
Hey Joey, that thing with Hitler and George had me pissing my self laughing! You are too cool!!!!

Thanks So Much Ramrod .......................

I am just ' loaded ' with talent .

W- W- W- What ?!?! .... Oh , sure ! :

J.
Flack the Y !

[Edited by Joey]
December 2nd, 2005 09:28 PM
Child of the Moon
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nuzzling is imminent, dear, young Joey...

December 2nd, 2005 10:40 PM
Brainbell Jangler FPM catalogued the contents of Let It Bleed correctly. I had that poster on my wall for years, too.

I believe the first Stones album issued with a lyric sheet was Dirty Work. It was always part of the fun of a new Stones release to try and decipher the lyrics.
December 5th, 2005 07:53 AM
Jair If you wanna dl the files, follow the link. You'll find all those seven songs in a zip file. Enjoy it!

http://s37.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1KEE51D157ZML1Z3BS174Z86N7
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)