ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Joan Jett, NYC 1986
By Nick Elgar
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: jah is not dead Return to archive
12-05-02 06:52 AM
stonedinaustralia i think i've done it!!

two dance floor tickets at the enmore

thankx fmk

now i've just got to organize time off work...should be abe to do it..if not,well, i guess i'll have to quit

btw- the membership $95.00 (i presume $US) was more expensive than the tickets $AU60.00 each (+ collectoion fee)

sing hallelujah!!
12-05-02 06:54 AM
fmk438j Excellent!
12-05-02 07:24 AM
nankerphelge Okay SIA -- your second mission -- when you get to the show, see if they have any great Aussie tour T-shirts for your devilish buddy in the States!!
12-05-02 07:26 AM
stonedinaustralia nanker, nothing would give me more pleasure than to secure such a thing for you - what size??
12-05-02 07:48 AM
nankerphelge With my Greek-god-like upper body, Large will do!! I wonder what special T-shirt they'll have for Australia!!
12-05-02 08:27 AM
stonedinaustralia i don't know nanker - but if there is a special "t" for the aussie leg - there's a large one out there with your name on it - i'm sure they must have (or at least i hope they do) some aussie-syncratic merchandise

although on the VL tour there was no particular 'aussie' stuff - so fingers crossed that this time they do - as i say it will be my pleasure to get you something like that (pref. a "t")
12-05-02 11:07 AM
Nasty Habits yay sia! I am so happy you're going - you are a righteous man, and truly "deserve" to be there!

12-05-02 01:58 PM
steel driving hammer Heard the Stones song Jah Is Not Dead on a boot, I forgot which.

Mick says off the Mic durring the song,

"If you wanna do coke, do it in the other room"

Nice freakish tune like Love Is Strong or Dancing w/ Mr. D.
12-05-02 02:13 PM
Maxlugar Hey Steelie,

Do you think Tom Daschle will kill himself this year or wait until the official republican take over next year?

Get back to me ASAP.

TIA!

MACKSEE!
12-05-02 02:16 PM
Joey " Hey Steelie,

Do you think Tom Daschle will kill himself this year or wait until the official republican take over next year? "

Screw that , do you think the " Russian " will show up this Sunday on the season ending Sopranos ?????????

Please , I's justs gots to knows ????

{{{{{{{{{{{{ THE JOESKEE }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Quixotic ......Visionary ..........Joey !!!!!
12-05-02 02:58 PM
stonedinaustralia
quote:
Nasty Habits wrote:
yay sia! I am so happy you're going - you are a righteous man, and truly "deserve" to be there!

thanx for those thoughts nasty - i 'preciate that

i haven't heard from you in a while - i was begining to think i might have said something to offend you in my last e-mail

how was iowa?

& yes sdh that line from the song is hilarious! - keith would have said "if you're gonna do coke - give some to me!!"
12-05-02 03:05 PM
beer
quote:
stonedinaustralia wrote:
i think i've done it!!

two dance floor tickets at the enmore

thankx fmk

now i've just got to organize time off work...should be abe to do it..if not,well, i guess i'll have to quit

btw- the membership $95.00 (i presume $US) was more expensive than the tickets $AU60.00 each (+ collectoion fee)

sing hallelujah!!

StonedinAustralia,
$60.00 in Australian money. Doesn't that equal about $30.00 in U.S. dollars?
--------
never mind, I just saw the answer in the other topic. That's a damn good deal.
[Edited by beer]
12-05-02 03:12 PM
stonedinaustralia hey beer - yes,just a little over - about $US35.00
12-05-02 03:22 PM
Nasty Habits no worries stoned --

i actually wrote you a rather thorough response to your last message, and then lost it when my computer crashed! recreating the message will be a chore i've been putting off . . . anyway, i agreed with almost every teensy bit of your last missive and shall eludicate in my next communique . . .

12-05-02 03:25 PM
nankerphelge So SIA, you'll appreciate this -- I got a Stones calendar for Christmas last year -- I just noticed I forgot to turn it over to December -- what do you think this month's picture is??

The Australian tour poster of the plane flying in the tounge!
12-05-02 03:45 PM
stonedinaustralia yeah nanker!!

maybe this time they'll have the blimp landing in front of the opera house - now that would have been a good gig for the boys, they do have rock shows there - apparently the acoustics are second to none - i've never been in there myself 'tho

and no worries nasty - i know what a drag it is to have to re-write a message from scratch - (in fact i have to do the same thing for jaxx)- specially a long one - it's all perspiration and no inspiration - unless you go off into completely new lines of thought - unless it really sticks in your mind you can never quite re-capture the feel and tone of the first effort - the "flash" is gone and it's all just hard (and dirty) work
12-05-02 03:46 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
Hey Steelie,

Do you think Tom Daschle will kill himself this year or wait until the official republican take over next year?

Get back to me ASAP.

TIA!

MACKSEE!

Nah, Tom Puffy Daschle will blame it on the rain, it was falling falling...LOL!
12-05-02 09:54 PM
Maxlugar Thanks for getting back to me Steelie.

You are my conservative ROCKIN' Brother.

Just like Nanky, Fiji and Riffhard and 2000man!

You all have reservations at The Subterranean Tavern at Casa De Maxy in '03.

Maxyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!