ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Joan Jett, NYC 1986
By Nick Elgar
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: You bloody beauty!!!!!! Return to archive
12-05-02 06:32 AM
corgi37 After all the waiting and wondering, what great news. Aussies rejoice!! I rang ticketek today. "Diamond" seats are $350 at Rod Laver Arena. Not too bad at all. I dont think i will join the fan club. Is it $95 U.S., or $95 aussie? I've read they'll do 3 shows at the arena. I'm just going to take my chances on Wednesday. If i get first 10 rows, i'm happy. If not,i'll wait for the 2nd show. Their is no way they will play just 1 show. Any other Melbourne fans going? Maybe we can meet for a beer before the show? Any overseas fans coming?
12-05-02 06:49 AM
fmk438j Good luck to ya corgs. There has been zero promotion don't you agree? Dainty don't even have it listed on the site. Where are they? There's been deafening silence from them. Get the ball rolling ya mugs!

Check this out.

The Stones Were Never Going To Play Telstra Dome

Reports in a Melbourne newspaper about The Rolling Stones switching from Telstra Dome to Rod Laver Arena are inaccurate.

According to Susan Wood from Telstra Dome, The Stones were never booked to perform there. "The Rolling Stones are not playing any stadiums during the Australian leg of their world tour, consequently no booking in any form had ever been made with Telstra Dome" she says in a statement.

While The Stones have been playing in arenas, stadiums and theatre's in the United States on the Forty Licks world tour they say the intention for Australia was only ever to play in the medium sized venues. Ms Wood says "Reportage of The Rolling Stones choosing another venue instead of Telstra Dome, for their Melbourne performances, is inaccurate. This follows last week's print story, announcing that the band was to play Telstra Dome, which was also inaccurate".

Telstra Dome was used as the venue for Red Hot Chili Peppers 'By The Way' show last week. The Rumba show featuring Bon Jovi will be there this weekend and the Kiss Symphony plays at the venue on February 28, 2003.

Susan says The Stones dates could not have happened at Telstra Dome anyway because they clash with the venue's commitment to the AFL.

She adds "Telstra Dome wishes The Dainty Corporation and The Rolling Stones every success with their Australian tour".

By Paul Cashmere

[Edited by fmk438j]