ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Joan Jett, NYC 1986
By Nick Elgar
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: pre-sale advice anyone? Return to archive
12-02-02 06:37 PM
Gazza its says on the site I dont have a registration code - yet I'm a premium member...when it says to pick a show and then get the code, the link for the show in question doesnt work
12-02-02 06:44 PM
sirmoonie You're doing it right as far as I can tell. Everyone in UK is probably aware of it now and the site is probably flooded.

Keep trying Gazza!

12-02-02 06:45 PM
winter I just got 2 for the astoria -

keep trying and good luck!

wintah
12-02-02 06:55 PM
tumblingdice My advice after being there and done that, is to skip it. Unless it is a show you know will sale out quick then you are better off waiting. You may get good seats but I know I spent the 65.00 Sam Goody charge to get seats then while watching ticketmaster up until close to the show time, I could have got just as good of seats and better withouth spending the money for presale. I guess you just gotta do what you gotta do. If you are like me you can't stand to wait but if you can wait you may be better off.
12-02-02 07:10 PM
Gazza I got them - thanks!!

seems I needed to go into the 'my account' part of the site after choosing the show I want, and thats whwrer you get the presale code.

what little hair I have left is almost gone....I'm like a shorter version of Sir Stonesalot
12-02-02 07:13 PM
winter Gazza:

Do you know anything about the Astoria, how many people it holds, whether all the seats are general admission, etc.?

thanks in advance,

wintah
12-02-02 07:19 PM
winter Got this from the TM site:

"Standing no formal seating. Capacity 1600 approx."

excellent!

Thanks wintah, you're the best!
12-02-02 07:21 PM
shakedhandswithkeith it`s still does`t work - fuck
12-02-02 07:29 PM
Gazza it should do

go into the site and pick a venue...if you dont have a code, it should ask you to go into 'my account' there it will confirm the venue youve picked and should give you your coe plus the link to the site selling the tickets

1,600? wonderful..even smaller than Shepherds Bush

Shepherds bush holds 1800 - 1,000 tickets were on public sale but the limitw as one per person

as the limit for this one is two per person, its gonna mean less applicants being lucky (presuming they have as many hangers on as before...)

at least you dont have to stand out overnight in the rain though!
12-02-02 07:37 PM
shakedhandswithkeith i did it all - it doesn`t work

i have my 19th nervous breakdown
12-02-02 07:38 PM
luxury1 Winter--YOu have the BEST luck getting tickets!!! GOod for you--you have the touch.
ANd Gazza you are too funny--a shorter SS!!
12-02-02 07:39 PM
shakedhandswithkeith when i click to www.ticketmaster.com and write my code, the next side lez me know:"You do not appear to have arrived at Ticketmaster via the Rolling Stones Fan Club". But I do
12-02-02 07:39 PM
winter shakedhandswithkeith:

Keep trying. I was able to log back in and tickets were still available. I didn't actually buy them for fear of losing the two that I already have.

I logged in as an international customer, then went to the tour section and clicked on Astoria. It gave me the code and a link to the UK tm site. I cut and pasted the code and was off to the races.

Good luck

12-02-02 07:41 PM
winter go to the RS tour site first (after you have logged in) and click on the link to the UK site. It should take you there directly.
12-02-02 07:42 PM
Mathijs I ordered two, but I am not too sure about this rs.com site -whatever venue you choose, the Astoria pops up...I am atheist as hell, but you almost have me praying here my tickets will come true...

Gazza, I missed out on meeting you in Paradiso Amsterdam, I sure hope we can shake hands in the Astoria!!

Mathijs
12-02-02 07:45 PM
winter Mathijs:

I think the Astoria always comes up because that was the first venue you chose. There is a warning about not being able to choose other venues once you pick one. Some folks on Stonesdoug got seats at the arena. So I feel like we're all set.

Luxury 1 - thank you for the kind words.

wintah
12-02-02 07:52 PM
shakedhandswithkeith ok, I`ve got them, thanks a lot

where will be the after show party??

juuuuuuuuhuuuuuuuuuuuu

there must be a god
12-02-02 07:53 PM
winter congrats!

wintah
12-02-02 07:58 PM
shakedhandswithkeith perhabs we will see bill on bass again!!!!!!!!!!

I`m so happy!!!!!!!!!

by the way, my problem was the norton firewall!!!!
12-02-02 08:00 PM
Scot Rocks Well done everyone how has now got them, that must have been scary for all you folks who couldn't find their code. I am already nervous about the big sale on friday, but hopefully I'll be there too.

Mark
12-02-02 08:57 PM
Gazza thanks Lux - well,having met us both I guess you can see what I'm getting at! LOL

well done everyone whos got lucky - hope to see you there

Thanks Mathijs - it'd be great to meet you too!!

I wish EVERYONE here could get in!
12-02-02 09:00 PM
parmeda Gazza & Shaked...
Don't you feel as if you just ran the most painstakingest race of your life! By no means am I poking fun at the panic in your posts... That feeling is just too close to my memory from my own purchases.

Thank God & I am very happy that you guys scored some seats!! Now, go relax and catch your breath, lol...

Sirmoonie & Winter...
Smooth guys, real smooth. Damn, you're going...
12-02-02 09:05 PM
shakedhandswithkeith Let`s drink to the hard working people.....
12-02-02 09:16 PM
tumblingdice Mathijs!!! Did you change your mind and decide to go to a show? I could have sworn you said you would not go!!! Good to see you have changed your mind. I did not think you could hold out! Have fun and enjoy. I am happy for all you guys who got in!!!
12-02-02 09:26 PM
shakedhandswithkeith glory glory astooria
12-02-02 09:30 PM
Gazza >Gazza & Shaked...
Don't you feel as if you just ran the most painstakingest race of your life! By no means am I poking fun at the panic in your posts... That feeling is just too close to my memory from my own purchases.

you better believe it..fucking hell..I was beginning to think I was some kind of idiot (no sniggering at the back,please..) for not being able to find a code that everyone else was seemingly able to get.. logging off one account, logging onto another...wondering how some folks had got codes and I hadnt (RSFC said last week theyd e-mail the info).. then thinking it was a conspiracy because the US fans got more notice than WE did - then for a nano second "the bastards have blacklisted me because I moan and bitch about their ticket prices too much.." trust me,I'll clutch at every straw I can when I'm being fucked around...

at least it was only 20 minutes of panic....the train ride from Sheffield in 99 followed by the taxi ride through rush hour traffic to Tower records to queue with a suitcase in each hand for shepherds bush tickets, all the while getting phone calls with varying reports of how many tix were gonna be available (200? 400? 1000?) was the longest four hours of my life. Ask Angiegirl...she jumped in to the taxi with us and i'm sure she'll agree
12-02-02 09:56 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
Gazza wrote:
>at least it was only 20 minutes of panic....the train ride from Sheffield in 99 followed by the taxi ride through rush hour traffic to Tower records to queue with a suitcase in each hand for shepherds bush tickets, all the while getting phone calls with varying reports of how many tix were gonna be available (200? 400? 1000?) was the longest four hours of my life. Ask Angiegirl...she jumped in to the taxi with us and i'm sure she'll agree

You think??? LOL You're right Gazza, that was really hectic. The taxi driver stopped at the entrance, but the row was streched out around 2 corners, so we had to walk all the way to the end of the queque WITH our heavy luggage. Not knowing how many tix went onsale, we stood there quit a while not knowing if we were in, while we were in queue. When the security came with a counter and stamps we knew we made it. And it cost us only 10 Pounds!!! I wish those were the genaral prizes... When we were told only 10 Pounds notes would be accepted, everyone ran franticly to the little shops in the street to get a coffe and buy it with a 50 Pounds note or whatever larger amounts you have in the UK. The shop owners were going insane without small exchange money at 11 am or something! Great time that morning!

I've been 'panicking' for over 24 hours now... I think the 3 Dutch shows are on presale tomorrow: they have 5 countries and I think they follow the order of sales-dates per country. UK starts Dec 6 so it's the first of 5 coutries with ticketsales and obviously the first to get pre-sales. Looking at the order of normal sales: UK Dec 6, Holland Dec 7, Sweden Dec 9, France Dec 11. I think this will be the order of pre-sales days. I only don't know about Germany though. Anyway, Holland is probably next as our normal sales are this Saturday. Just wonder if it will be announced late in the evening too like with the UK tonight (meaning our local time).
I'm so nervous I can't get that code too. It's totally unclear how it exactly works right? Log in, go to tour section, choose venue, go to my account page, click on get code. Something like that? The Dutch Ticketservice already has the pre-sales pages up, complete with the box to enter your code. So that only assures me of my suspicion that Holland is next. Hope I'm right, I simply MUST get into the Vredenburg show!!
12-04-02 11:38 AM
jaggerisland I have the same trouble with that crazy code from these Fan Club for
pre-salers. No way to have a normal information. $95.00 and they sent
a $0.25 hat and the Licks CD. But never any code. I contacted the NL/GB
and german Clubs but none knows about the " Premium membership" As an Stones
hard core fan since 40 years who spent thousands and thousands $$ for any Stones
merchandise and Concerts. By the way, the merchandise clothes from this tour
are very sensitive. Out from the package you have 1000% polyster and do not smoke
near at that stuff. You exploded! Without the US made T-Shirts none size is right!
I feel frauded.
12-04-02 01:37 PM
justforyou 100% cotton just holds the sweat like a sponge, no good! Polyester smells much better...especially if you use the thing for days and weaks at a time.