ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Joan Jett, NYC 1986
By Nick Elgar
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith on the Tongue Return to archive
12-01-02 11:10 PM
throbby Rolling Stone interview 1971

...Especially now that we've got Rolling Stones Records, with the Kali tongue...nobody's got into that yet, but that's Kali, the Hindu female goddess. Five arms, a row of heads around her, a sabre in one hand, flames coming out of the other, she stands there, with her tongue out. But that's going to change. That symbol's not going to stay as it is. Sometimes it'll take up the whole label, maybe slowly it'll turn to a cock, I don't know yet.
12-02-02 12:12 PM
throbby For those interested. I found this info on Kali.

Kali appeared for the first time to defeat the evil demon Raktabija. Raktabija was on a path of destruction in the heavens and on earth. Each time an attempt was made on his life, his drops of blood transformed into additional Raktabija demons. So, Kali descended and began to destroy the Raktabija demons. She utilized her long tongue to catch the Raktabija blood, thus not allowing for the generation of additional demons. In the end Kali was successful and ended the wrath of the Raktabija demons. However, the extreme amounts of Raktabija blood she had to intake in the process caused her to rampage. She consequently crossed the universe killing anyone who came across her path.
Because of her destructive behavior Kali is sometimes referred to as the goddess of time and death. She is often depicted with dark skin to symbolise the darkness of eternity and dark messy hair to symbolise the dark clouds of the eternal sky. A necklace of skulls is often shown around her neck symbolising death and destruction. Many times she is depicted with a severed head in her bottom left hand to show that there is no escape from time.

Interesting reading the boys were doing back then.
12-03-02 03:53 PM
sasca Makes you wonder how the other Stones saw Mick.
12-04-02 02:26 AM
MarthaMyDear I'd like to be on Keith's tongue... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P Sorry... lol............... :P :P :P :P :P I just had to say that... I'm actually kidding... Oh, maybe... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P Why not??? ROTFLOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P :P :P :P :P Cheers!!! lol................. :P :P :P :P :P

*** Martha ***
12-04-02 03:01 AM
MarthaMyDear By the way, here's the thread from the Rocks Off archives that Jaxx had emailed to me awhile back and I saved it, etc., on the origin of the Stones tongue!!! Thank you, Jaxx, and just CLICK HERE for it!!! Rock on!!!

*** Martha ***
12-04-02 06:38 PM
throbby Who's the bullshitter Ruby Mazur? or Kieth? Kieth's interview was done in the summer of '71 and can be found in its entirety in "Exile" by Genesis Publishing. Did he design the logo based on the idea of Mick and Kieth?