ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

With Joan Jett, NYC 1986
By Nick Elgar
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: OASIS Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-26-02 07:48 PM
Gazza JB said:

>I don't want to get into it again

then why waste your energy and this board's space every fucking day ranting on about it ad nauseam. Change the fucking record.

England hates the Stones? then so does fucking Florida. Its not so fucking long ago you were blabbering on here about how the Stones wouldnt be able to sell tickets in your home state because Fla. was more interested in "Latino" acts.

Better playing second fiddle to The Beatles than Gloria fucking Estefan...
11-26-02 07:54 PM
Honky Tonk Man Thanks Gazza!

Someone had to stick up for me/us LOL. Im so vein!

Alex

11-26-02 08:00 PM
winter Oasis still sucks, Alex!

wintah
11-26-02 08:17 PM
Honky Tonk Man Well, they are an average band these days. They are not awful, but past they're best by a long shot

I must say Winter, im suprised and slightly dissapointed about your posts on this thred about the English. Sometimes i wonder whether these posts are genuine or just to wind me up. Josh obvsiously feels the need to mention HTM everytime, so i have come to that conclusion.

No hard feelings Winter, you are a great poster on the most part

Internet Buddies?

Alex
11-26-02 09:32 PM
mandrack saint sway>Love em or hate em. Oasis are one of the last few contemporary bands that are still about rock & roll. Their the last rock stars we have. I say celebrate em.

Man,totaly agree with you!
11-27-02 06:19 AM
Chico "I can hear the rock but where's thr roll" Keith Richards
"Oasis are fucking shite" Chico
11-27-02 09:18 AM
jb Gazza...Happy Thanksgiving!
11-27-02 09:38 AM
Gazza Hugs and kisses, Josh.... xx
11-27-02 09:47 AM
winter HTM:

The English thing was just me having some fun. I know the Stones are English (although truthfully, I'd say Keith really isn't anymore), and I know there are a lot of English Stones fans. Both the English and the US music scene is pretty awful these days, just for different reasons.

If I offended you are any of the other transatlantic posters/administrators, I apologize, or should I say, I apologise.

On the other hand, I do enjoy JB's posts, controversial -yes, but pretty damn funny for the most part if you don't take them too seriously. If everyone on this site sucked up to each other and never disagreed with each other, this place could become a real bore. I mean, how many times can we tell each other how great the Stones are.

Anyway Alex, I'm sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you at the Giant's Stadium tailgate, but my girl friend I were stuck in city traffic and running late. I am impressed by the fact that someone at your age appreciates the greatness of the Stones. Hopefully, you are making the trip back to New York for the MSG shows in Jan. I'll be there, and hopefully JB will be there as well.

By the way, you never respond when I mention the stereophonics. I saw those guys open up for U2, and they blew me away. I also caught them at a club in Boston, which only holds about 2000 people. I know they are much bigger in England, too bad they don't have more success over here. But at least we have Christina Aguileria - DIRTY!

wintah
11-27-02 09:55 AM
jb Winter, I think everyone pretty much knows by now that most of the controversial posts are tongue and cheek...HTM and Gazza use to really despise me until the got to know me a little better...I consider pretty much everyone on this site(with the exception of TSXY, Kath 51, Chico, Lucad4, Glencar and about 4 dozen others)to be my cyber friends. People like Sirstonesalot, Vodoo, Parmeda and Moonisup, who I have corresponded with and exchanged things with...Very good people here who allow alot of personal freedom in the posting policy...That's what makes this site so great... Even Nellcote and I have become friendly and he really hated me like poison in the beginning!

[Edited by jb]
11-27-02 09:56 AM
Honky Tonk Man Im one of those people who has used the "Stones are bloody English", but i gave that up a long time ago.

Keith is not American, he will always be English. He was born and bought up here. His parents are English, blah, blah ,blah.

Keith is an Englishman living in America. Like so many other English rock stars. Hes an American Citizen.

He has two passports. One issued in Washington and one in London. Both due to be renewed soon in fact.

Alex
11-27-02 10:01 AM
winter Alex -

He chooses to live full time in Connecticut. That's about as English as the french fry is French.

wintah

[Edited by winter]
11-27-02 10:07 AM
Honky Tonk Man He lives there because hes married to an American!
Simple as that. He has not lived in England really for a long time. He still owns Redlands though.

He also lives in America because he was suprised about how generous the Country was. They let him in to clean up. He owes America. Thats why he loves it.

For the record Wintah, id LOVE to live in America!

Also, none of the above makes him American. As i said, hes an American Citizen. English too, he has an UK Passport to.

Look on his passport. You will see what nationality he is

Oh i love arguments!

Alex

[Edited by Honky Tonk Man]
11-27-02 10:19 AM
winter HTM:

The fact that Keith married a Yank further proves that he is not English, and guess what, Mick married a Yank as well (a Texan to boot)-

In fact, I take it all back, the Stones are American, yes that's it. Their faces will one day grace Mount Rushmore.

Happy thanksgiving Mick, Keith, Ronnie and Charlie - George Bush loves you.

God Bless America, Home of the free and Keith Richards!

wintah
11-27-02 10:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man America IS the home of Keith Richards. But hes not FUCKING AMERICAN! Hes an American Citizen. In other words dick head, he lives there. Does not make him American,

For the record Winter. I dont even think Mick has an American Passport! He married a Yank, yes, but evan shes chooses to live in London! So is Jerry Hall English?

Is Maddona English? I mean, she chooses to live in London full time

Alex
11-27-02 10:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man No fuck it Winter. Im going to keep the above message up, but if you want to call Keith American, go ahead. I dont care.

Ive got to many more important things to worry about right now

Alex
11-27-02 10:53 AM
F505 Keith is as english as the crown jewels of queen Elizabeth
11-27-02 11:12 AM
jb They are English by birth, and American by choice....
11-27-02 11:17 AM
F505 They don't speak with an american accent. And what about charlie? Is there a person in the world who is more British than Charlie with his horses?
11-27-02 11:20 AM
jb Charlie only wears hand sewn Italian clothing..he gave up Saville Row couture long ago..
11-27-02 11:23 AM
F505 And what about Mick with his love for cricket?
11-27-02 11:25 AM
parmeda mmwwhhaaa! Josh...
11-27-02 11:26 AM
Honky Tonk Man You cannot choose your nationality Josh! Im calling it quits in this thread. Argue it out amoungst yourselves. All i know is that on the database at work, it says

Keith Richards: Nationality: BRITTISH

Alex
11-27-02 11:28 AM
winter HTM:

You can have Madonna and a draft pick to be determined, we'll take Keith.

Baseball, Keith Richards and Apple Pie - God I love this country,

And don't worry Alex, George Bush will protect you from the evildoers as well,

Wintah
11-27-02 11:30 AM
winter Alex:

Your database does not spell so well -

When David Bowie wrote Young American, he was referring to Keith.

winter
[Edited by winter]
11-27-02 11:35 AM
jb Hi Parmeda...happy and healthy to you and the family!
Alex...we all know the Stones are English and will always be english...we just like sharing them with you..sort of like an extended family....Cheers and we hope to see your scrawny English ass at MSG in 03....P.S. don't go to Giants stadium...
[Edited by jb]
11-27-02 11:39 AM
winter Alex:

I've just taken the time to read all of your earlier posts. "dick head" - huh, now I think things are getting a bit out of hand. I hope you're foaming at the mouth in a fit of frustration because Keith Richards is an American. Go ahead Alex, smack your head against the wall, beat yourself senselss over this. But just realize - I didn't make it personal.

Keith is an American Alex, and you'll never be -

wintah

11-27-02 02:19 PM
Honky Tonk Man LOL JOSH!

After reading that, ive decided to post in this thread again. Truth is, i suppose Winter has a point. Keith has not lived in England for a long time. As an American Citizen, Keith would have the right to call himself an American.

Winter, i will say it again.

Inernet Buddies?

Im sure your not a dick head!

Actually jb, my ass is a little on the large size!

Alex
11-27-02 03:26 PM
winter HTM:

No hard feelings. Hope you still make it to MSG -

I am signing off for the weekend,

Happy Thanksgiving Everybody,

wintah
11-28-02 09:49 AM
lotsajizz Oasis rocks
Page: 1 2 3