ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1973 Chuck Pulin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Another list...this one Stones related Return to archive
December 3rd, 2004 06:43 PM
Riffhard Ok just for shits and giggles I think that we should do another list. What tours have you seen. Not how many shows. Just the tours that you have witnessed live. I'll start.

'78 Some Girls
'81 Tattoo You
'89 Steel Wheels
'94 Voodoo Lounge
'99 No Security (plus the added bonus of attending the MTV Live at the Ten Spot gig-front row on the lip of the stage I might add!)
'02 Licks

and you's?

Riffhard
December 3rd, 2004 06:58 PM
Mel Belli Relative to some folks, I'm a newcomer: every tour from '89 on.
December 3rd, 2004 06:59 PM
F505 every tour from 1976 on
December 3rd, 2004 07:46 PM
telecaster Riffy, ditto your list

Same for me
December 3rd, 2004 08:40 PM
Soldatti Only the South American tour in 1998.
December 3rd, 2004 08:53 PM
Gimme Shelter Stones Tours

Steel Wheels
Vodoo Lounge
Bridges To Babylon
No Security
Licks

Keith Solo Tour

Main Offender
December 3rd, 2004 09:37 PM
Gazza 82 Europe (1 show)
90 Urban Jungle Europe (although some were Steel Wheels shows..lol) (5 shows)
95 Voodoo Lounge Europe (7 shows)
98 BTB Europe (1 show)
99 No Security North America (2 shows)
99 No Security Europe (5 shows)
02 Licks North America (2 trips - 4 shows)
03 Licks Europe (9 shows)

Ronnie in Dublin '01
Mick T with Mayall '04
[Edited by Gazza]
December 3rd, 2004 09:39 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Ok just for shits and giggles I think that we should do another list. What tours have you seen. Not how many shows. Just the tours that you have witnessed live. I'll start.

'78 Some Girls
'81 Tattoo You
'89 Steel Wheels
'94 Voodoo Lounge
'99 No Security (plus the added bonus of attending the MTV Live at the Ten Spot gig-front row on the lip of the stage I might add!)
'02 Licks

and you's?

Riffhard

if you were at the MTV show, that was '97 - so surely you've overlooked the BTB tour?
December 3rd, 2004 09:41 PM
Nellcote 72
December 3rd, 2004 09:41 PM
glencar Tattoo You
Steel Wheels
Bridges
No Security
Bridges - Europe
Licks

I almost saw the London '82 show but it was my first time in London & I assumed the show would be sold out. I read the next day that it in fact was still possible to get tix. Damn!
December 3rd, 2004 09:42 PM
LadyJane 75--Tour of the America's
78--Some Girls
81--Tattoo You
89--Steel Wheels
94--Voodoo Lounge
97--Bridges
99--No Security
02 & 03--Licks

LJ.
[Edited by LadyJane]
December 3rd, 2004 10:02 PM
Riffhard
quote:
Gazza wrote:

if you were at the MTV show, that was '97 - so surely you've overlooked the BTB tour?

Right you are my friend! It was '97 and I did see the B2B tour! I was at the PC as well under the Brooklyn Bridge,but I did not get to ask a question that time.

Riffhard
December 3rd, 2004 11:04 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I was at the succesful 1983 Undercover Tour and recently sold my tee-shirt on eBay (I didn't save the picture anybody... please send it to me)

Later I attended the whole "Dirty Work Tour" a total of 2,376 shows just in the USA!
December 3rd, 2004 11:05 PM
Gazza
quote:
glencar wrote:
Tattoo You
Steel Wheels
Bridges
No Security
Bridges - Europe
Licks

I almost saw the London '82 show but it was my first time in London & I assumed the show would be sold out. I read the next day that it in fact was still possible to get tix. Damn!

!!!!!
Those shows sold out the day they went on sale (all tickets were sold by post back then). I know because I applied for tickets for them by post and was almost heartbroken when told they'd sold out so fast - but then they eased things by telling me I could now apply for two shows in Newcastle & Bristol, which hadnt even officially been announced at that time. However, they too sold out immediately and I missed out a second time. If there were tickets available for Wembley that year, it must have been through some agency or travel company or something, because the tickets for those shows were going on sale on the black market the day of the gig for WAY over face value.

They eventually added outdoor shows in Slane and Leeds, so I finally got to see the Stones that summer when they played in Ireland. However, I was really bummed at the time on missing out on the two Wembley shows.

Re: your list - werent you in Europe (Dublin) for the Licks shows as well?
[Edited by Gazza]
December 3rd, 2004 11:07 PM
Gazza
quote:
Riffhard wrote:

Right you are my friend! It was '97 and I did see the B2B tour! I was at the PC as well under the Brooklyn Bridge,but I did not get to ask a question that time.

Riffhard

I have that whole bloody thing on video. It was also broadcast live by satellite over here. The sight of the Stones appearing on the bridge in that car (what was it - a 57 Chevy?) is one of THE great Stones moments...
December 3rd, 2004 11:08 PM
BILL PERKS
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:
Relative to some folks, I'm a newcomer: every tour from '89 on.

DITTO
December 3rd, 2004 11:17 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl 81, 89, 95, 98, 99, 2002
December 4th, 2004 08:05 AM
egon Voodoo Lounge
Bridges
No Security
Licks
2005 world tour
December 4th, 2004 08:54 AM
Madafaka VL - 1995
B2B - 1998
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood