ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1973 Chuck Pulin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Gazza Return to archive
December 1st, 2004 06:13 PM
Riffhard I was going to PM you with this message,but I decided to make it public so everyone here would know just how much of a great cat you really are. I want to thank you Gary for taking the time to track down my e-mail addy via the radio station. It was a real treat to open my e-mail at work today and get a personal birthday wish from my RO mate in Belfast!

Rocks Off is the one Stones message board where I truly feel that a real sense of community exists. You,Gerardo,and Jaxx (where is she btw?) have really made this place an incredibly accomodating place to hang. There is ego tripping moderators on this board and it has become a fun little cyber playground for all of us RO'ers over the years and that's all because of you guys. So I'm sure I speak for everyone when I extend a huge thank you for just being you and putting up with the hassles that goes with being a moderator for this dysfunctional cyber Stones family!

Gazza,you should know that today on the air I was supposed to play "Living on a Prayer" around 5pm. I said "fuck that!",and in your honor I played Rocks Off instead! Wouldn't you know it,the phones lit up and many people thanked me for it! I pass their thanks as well as mine to you with this message!

Riffhard
December 1st, 2004 06:43 PM
Gazza >Gazza,you should know that today on the air I was supposed to play "Living on a Prayer" around 5pm. I said "fuck that!",and in your honor I played Rocks Off instead! Wouldn't you know it,the phones lit up and many people thanked me for it! I pass their thanks as well as mine to you with this message!

LOL.. Stones 1 Bon Jovi 0

see the reaction you get when you play something thats not a "standard" ?

You didnt need to post that public thanks, but it was very nice of you - much appreciated. Wasnt sure if you'd get the e-mail in time before you went on air today (I only first checked out your station website a week or so ago after you posted the pics of their "birthday party", so today I figured I'd do some cyberstalking and mail you..lol)

Jaxx is still very much part of this board - thanks for asking. She's just been very busy with her kids and their school activities for several months and it's taking up a lot of her free time. We still chat online every so often although I havent heard from her in a week or two.

Hopefully see you at some time within the next 12 months
December 1st, 2004 09:42 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Gazza,you should know that today on the air I was supposed to play "Living on a Prayer" around 5pm.

Riffhard, what the hell were you doing working on your birthday?

December 1st, 2004 11:37 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Riffhard wrote:
Rocks Off is the one Stones message board where I truly feel that a real sense of community exists. You,Gerardo,and Jaxx (where is she btw?) have really made this place an incredibly accomodating place to hang.

Well, let me tell ya that reading those touching words made my skin turn chicken.

But the fact is that it is not the three of us who make this place to hang, it is all of you without you RO wouldn't be the same.

Gazza is one of the finest friends I have ever had, and even that I can't hardly remember you Riffy You arrived late at YOTIs and I was dead drunk but I felt your vibes and you're a very cool guy!
December 2nd, 2004 03:03 AM
marko I was dead drunk but I felt your vibes and you're a very cool guy!

LOL,may the force be with you!
December 2nd, 2004 07:47 AM
Madafaka Yeah, Unholy Trinity rulez! Mostly Gary and Gerardo. I've never spoken with Jaxx
December 2nd, 2004 07:52 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl ...shhhhhhh shhhhhhhhh she's the boss
December 2nd, 2004 08:02 AM
LadyJane Agreed completely Riffy. Great post. Thanks for sharing. RO means the world to me. Met some of the greatest friends I will ever make, right here.

I don't know what I am looking forward to more:

--seeing the Stones hit the Road again SOON

--RO gatherings to celebrate the Tour!!

Thanks Trinity!!

LJ.
December 2nd, 2004 08:12 AM
Madafaka
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
...shhhhhhh shhhhhhhhh she's the boss

Ouch! I have a big, big mouth!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood