ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1973 Chuck Pulin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: No News is Good News.......From Ian Return to archive
December 1st, 2004 04:45 PM
IanBillen
Well it has been the most part of the entire month of November and nobody has seen or heard from any of them. Mick noted November was the month to begin.

Could it mean....(quality studio effort in the making)???

Ian
December 1st, 2004 05:03 PM
BILL PERKS I AM AFRAID IT COULD BE BAD- I JUST CANT SHAKE THE FEELING THAT CHARLIE MAY BE WORSE OFF THAN THEY ARE LETIN ON.
December 1st, 2004 05:06 PM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Well it has been the most part of the entire month of November and nobody has seen or heard from any of them. Mick noted November was the month to begin.

Could it mean....(quality studio effort in the making)???

Ian

cant see the connection there, myself....
January start on recording. Tour by Sept' 05. So I'm told.
[Edited by Gazza]
December 1st, 2004 07:02 PM
Soldatti They will start in January.
December 1st, 2004 11:49 PM
glencar Perhaps tehy're still writing songs(separately, natch).
December 1st, 2004 11:52 PM
corgi37 What about Keith's "Pirates" commitments. When is that supposed to happen?

I cant see them starting anything before Christmas. They are family men, after all.
December 1st, 2004 11:53 PM
glencar Feb. 05 for Pirates.
December 2nd, 2004 02:34 AM
FotiniD And it's only a two-day thing for Pirates, nothing to distract him too much.
[Edited by FotiniD]
December 2nd, 2004 04:43 AM
IanBillen
quote:
Gazza wrote:

cant see the connection there, myself....
January start on recording. Tour by Sept' 05. So I'm told.
[Edited by Gazza]

Why,
Mick said they will begin recording in November and ant that he and Keith wrote alot of material just for the upcoming sessions. The better part of November nobody seen or heard from any of them in public.

Why wouldn't you see a connection? It isn't just wishful thinking.

Ian
December 2nd, 2004 05:02 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Why,
Mick said they will begin recording in November and ant that he and Keith wrote alot of material just for the upcoming sessions. The better part of November nobody seen or heard from any of them in public.

Ian

Why do you care so much?

It's almost certain that The Stones will hit the road next year and I'd be EXTREMLEY surprised if they didn't have a record to tour behind.

They are hardly going to tour behind 40 Licks again, are they?

They will record an album next year. In the meantime, sit-back, relax and enjoy there past glories, there will be plenty of fun to be had next year!

ROLL ON MORE ROCKS OFF GATHERING'S

Seriously, that's all I'm thinking about!

December 2nd, 2004 06:11 AM
luxury1 ...I know what you are thinking about HonkyTonkMan........
December 2nd, 2004 06:13 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
...I know what you are thinking about HonkyTonkMan........

Ready for Round 2 then?
December 2nd, 2004 06:40 AM
Nellcote Ok, my prediction is that before the decade is complete, we will have new product on the shelves. We can run out and purchase:

The US Version, playable only online on a monthly basis
The Japanese Version w/bonus track, playable with a special one year cell phone offer
The special sat radio with access to another bonus track
The dvd which will have access to an online site, where we can pay a yearly membership fee to have another bonus track

And, if that did not get your juices flowing,
Ron Popiel will offer a limited edition version of the cd, with the purchase of his "Showtime" rotisserie, where the audience screams every 10 minutes "set it and forget it"

So, now you have, the rest of the story.

Good Day!

December 2nd, 2004 08:18 AM
Gazza
quote:
IanBillen wrote:

Why,

Ian

Because if they were recording for any length of time, especially in a major city, we'd know about it. It's always the way. What I meant by "not seeing any connection" was your post about it presumably being something of high quality.
[Edited by Gazza]
December 2nd, 2004 08:39 AM
throbby ...I know what you are thinking about HonkyTonkMan........

???

...what would that be...
December 2nd, 2004 08:51 AM
patriceg From what i heard from executives when i was at the Marianne Faithfull concert in Paris, they will start recording in January.
December 2nd, 2004 09:07 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
throbby wrote:
...I know what you are thinking about HonkyTonkMan........

???

...what would that be...

Oh you know, this and that
December 2nd, 2004 09:33 AM
jb My understanding is that Mick and keith have been writing together and the album is almost complete. Tour to start Feb 8th, 2005, at the club Trocedero in Philly!!!
December 2nd, 2004 09:43 AM
Gazza shhh Josh, its just OUR little secret.....
December 2nd, 2004 10:24 AM
Gimme Shelter
quote:
BILL PERKS wrote:
I AM AFRAID IT COULD BE BAD- I JUST CANT SHAKE THE FEELING THAT CHARLIE MAY BE WORSE OFF THAN THEY ARE LETIN ON.

I have the same feeling. I pray I'm wrong.
December 2nd, 2004 10:58 AM
glencar I have booked a hotel room in Philly right down the boulevard from the Trocadero for the entire month of Feb. 05.
December 2nd, 2004 11:53 AM
Gazza I'm amazed you got a room, what with all those other fans booking the city en bloc as well!
December 2nd, 2004 12:02 PM
caro >I'm amazed you got a room

It's hardly a surprise to me. It's not gonna be a sell-out. Philly hates the Stones.
December 2nd, 2004 09:12 PM
Soldatti
quote:
jb wrote:
My understanding is that Mick and keith have been writing together and the album is almost complete. Tour to start Feb 8th, 2005, at the club Trocedero in Philly!!!

LOL!
That was the big story this year, weeks of talking about the dates but we had Live Licks instead!
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood