ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1973 Chuck Pulin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: YA GOT TO MIX IT Return to archive
December 1st, 2004 02:02 PM
Ronnie B. Wood you got to mix it child
You got to fix it
must be love
It's a bitch

[Edited by Gazza]
December 1st, 2004 03:51 PM
justinkurian What is this?

I'm more curious to know what Gazza edited...
December 1st, 2004 03:55 PM
Gazza LOL

sorry..I fucked up in my reply and hit "edit" instead of "quote" - I pm'd Ronnie B Wood and explained....I was hoping he'd be the only person to notice

He was just asking what were the correct lyrics of "Bitch" - was it "you got to mix it, Charlie, you got to fix it" or "you got to mix it, child, you got to fix it.."

No controversy, Justin...lol
[Edited by Gazza]
December 1st, 2004 04:32 PM
justinkurian Nice touch with the [edited by Gazza]...

Hey, I know you're an Elvis fan, PM if you want to trade.
December 2nd, 2004 03:41 PM
Ronnie B. Wood hehehehehehhehe
December 2nd, 2004 03:50 PM
Ronnie B. Wood http://www.godgammeldags.nu/rolling/index.html - this site is very very good... i found some information on it...

Jimmy Miller on cowbell probably set the date of the recording way back to June 1969.

Mick Taylor played the riff guitar. Right channel. He probably wrote it too. The song. Together with Mick Jagger. Never got any credits. Or royalties. Bitch was probably Mick Taylor all the way. Probably The Rolling Stones minus Keith Richards. A groove tune which Mick Jagger recently named it. Put In other words? A studio jam. Remember the old days of Nanker and Phelge?
Keith Richards takes the solo. Left channel. The solo at the end comprise many takes enhanced to sound as one guitar in the final mix. Everything was overdubbed at a later stage.

If you put some focus to it, you will hear a third guitar in the center of the hi-fi image. Deep down in the mix. Probably remnants from the original basic recording.

Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor on bass guitars. It sounds like they share the spotlight during the intro, choruses, bridge and coda. Mick seems on the other hand to solo through the verses.

Mick Jagger sings about Charlie Watts in the chorus and second verse. Yeah you got to mix it, Charlie, ya got to fix it, must be love, it's a bitch. Why else would Mick Jagger mention the big bass drum? My heart starts beating like a big bass drum. Charlie didn't like what he heard during the rehearsals for Bitch?
If this is true then this is the second time Charlie Watts is mentioned by name in a song lyric. The first time was back in 1964 in the song Down The Road Apiece.

At least the horns were superimposed at Stargroves. At a later stage.
December 2nd, 2004 04:14 PM
Gazza >Mick Jagger sings about Charlie Watts in the chorus and second verse. Yeah you got to mix it, Charlie, ya got to fix it, must be love, it's a bitch. Why else would Mick Jagger mention the big bass drum? My heart starts beating like a big bass drum. Charlie didn't like what he heard during the rehearsals for Bitch?

no, because hes comparing a pounding heart to the beat of a bass drum (which is quite loud). It's "child" that he's singing, not "Charlie" I think, although I've often thought it sounds like Charlie.

>If this is true then this is the second time Charlie Watts is mentioned by name in a song lyric. The first time was back in 1964 in the song Down The Road Apiece.

Charlie McCoy is the name of the guy mentioned in that song, not Charlie Watts. Plus the Stones didnt write "Down the Road Apiece". Don Raye did - he was a boogie-woogie/swing composer in the 1930's. When the song was written, Charlie Watts wasn't even born. The Stones would have probably learned their version (with different lyrics) from Chuck Berry's cover. The "Charlie McCoy" mentioned in the song is probably the Mississippi blues musician from the '30's, and not the Nashville session musician of the same name...
December 2nd, 2004 09:14 PM
Soldatti
quote:
Ronnie B. Wood wrote:
Mick Jagger sings about Charlie Watts in the chorus and second verse.

Well, he said "Keith" on Dance Pt. 1...
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood