ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1973 Chuck Pulin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Wyman & Clapton etc in Scotty Moore Tribute DVD & Album Return to archive
December 1st, 2004 11:40 AM
Zeeta To be recorded at Abbey Road - I can't find an internet link for the beggar though! I saw this in the Independent paper today...Oh I think Macca might be included as well whcih is obviously not the best news *cheese-wise*!
December 2nd, 2004 03:40 PM
J.J.Flash Some of the greatest guitar solos of the 50's belong to Scotty Moore. See "Heartbreak Hotel" for instance. Moore was capable of creating his guitar solos based on almost NOTHING. Completely original.

When has Scotty died?
December 2nd, 2004 04:41 PM
Hannalee Fear not, the man himself is taking part:

* IN THE week the Band Aid single was released, Bill Wyman, who wasn't invited to contribute to the project, is recording a tribute of his own.

On Thursday, the former Rolling Stone will be filmed at the Abbey Road Studios, alongside Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney, with whom Wyman is not thought to have collaborated in the past.

In two days, they aim to compile - from scratch - a musical tribute to Scotty Moore, who was Elvis Presley's guitarist.

"There's going to be me, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton and a load of other guitarists all jamming together," explains Wyman. "It's being filmed for television, and also a DVD, the works.

"I'm basically looking forward to sitting down to play with the other guys, and seeing what we come up with. Scotty himself is flying over to take part too."

Typical snide journo. I presume he means Bill hasn't collaborated with Macca before (who rocks btw).

December 3rd, 2004 04:21 AM
Zeeta
quote:
Hannalee wrote:
Fear not, the man himself is taking part:

* IN THE week the Band Aid single was released, Bill Wyman, who wasn't invited to contribute to the project, is recording a tribute of his own.

On Thursday, the former Rolling Stone will be filmed at the Abbey Road Studios, alongside Eric Clapton and Paul McCartney, with whom Wyman is not thought to have collaborated in the past.

In two days, they aim to compile - from scratch - a musical tribute to Scotty Moore, who was Elvis Presley's guitarist.

"There's going to be me, Paul McCartney, Eric Clapton and a load of other guitarists all jamming together," explains Wyman. "It's being filmed for television, and also a DVD, the works.

"I'm basically looking forward to sitting down to play with the other guys, and seeing what we come up with. Scotty himself is flying over to take part too."

Typical snide journo. I presume he means Bill hasn't collaborated with Macca before (who rocks btw).

Well done Hanalee I couldn't find this article electronically anywhere! Oh yeah Macca rocks! Next you'll be tellin me Brian May doesn't have a perm! LOL

December 3rd, 2004 04:59 AM
Hannalee
quote:
Zeeta wrote:

Well done Hanalee I couldn't find this article electronically anywhere! Oh yeah Macca rocks! Next you'll be tellin me Brian May doesn't have a perm! LOL

Haven't we had this conversation before?
December 3rd, 2004 05:05 AM
Zeeta Yes! and that is why I bring it up! Because it made me chuckle!
Isn't it true that Brian May's guitar is made from a fireplace and that he uses a half crown as a plectrum?!?
December 3rd, 2004 12:08 PM
Ten Thousand Motels
quote:
J.J.Flash wrote:
When has Scotty died?

Died????? He's still around.
December 3rd, 2004 12:42 PM
Hannalee
quote:
Zeeta wrote:
Yes! and that is why I bring it up! Because it made me chuckle!
Isn't it true that Brian May's guitar is made from a fireplace and that he uses a half crown as a plectrum?!?

In the unlikely event that you're not taking the piss,make that a (whole) sixpence, even with inflation. Some of us are old enough to remember the difference . He mints his own, you know.
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood