ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1973 Chuck Pulin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: The Bon Jovi Appreciation Thread Return to archive Page: 1 2
December 1st, 2004 03:50 AM
Monkeytonkman I went to the Stones gig in Paris with Bon Jovi Supporting,

Fucking loved the weather, when it started pissing down as oon as the Stones came on it was just like God himself was lending a helping had to the visual effects, the lightning really added to the whole Voodoo feel to proceedings.

December 1st, 2004 10:08 AM
Gazza
quote:
rockstarbrian wrote:
doesn't anyone here realize that the guys in Bon Jovi are huge stones fans? Just because they don't totally cop their style like Aerosmith or Guns N Roses or the New York Dolls do doesn't mean they're not huge stones fans. Actually they cop their style from the New York Dolls who copped their style from the rolling stones. And Richie Sambora is a rather large Rolling Stones fan, in fact he loves them, and also Aerosmith who are probably the biggest stones proteges and wanna-bes that have ever existed. Richie Sambora even plays a lot of well-known distinctive "keith richards" guitars like a gibson L5S aka "the keith richards model" and a zemaitis, a guitar custom-built for keith richards who ronnie wood also uses. Don't bash other fans of the stones just because they make music that isn't exactly like the stones.

with respect, I think youre missing the point, Brian. I'd say most people here are capable of enjoying music thats got little or no similarity to that played by the Stones. I dont see what Aerosmith has to do with this - no one mentioned them. Any musical link (or lack of one) between two bands has got nothing to do with whether they're any good...and them being fans hardly makes them immune to criticism either - but if you dig them, good luck to you.
December 1st, 2004 11:32 PM
Barney Fife
quote:
rockstarbrian wrote:
doesn't anyone here realize that the guys in Bon Jovi are huge stones fans? Just because they don't totally cop their style like Aerosmith or Guns N Roses or the New York Dolls do doesn't mean they're not huge stones fans. Actually they cop their style from the New York Dolls who copped their style from the rolling stones. And Richie Sambora is a rather large Rolling Stones fan, in fact he loves them, and also Aerosmith who are probably the biggest stones proteges and wanna-bes that have ever existed. Richie Sambora even plays a lot of well-known distinctive "keith richards" guitars like a gibson L5S aka "the keith richards model" and a zemaitis, a guitar custom-built for keith richards who ronnie wood also uses. Don't bash other fans of the stones just because they make music that isn't exactly like the stones.

I just bash them because they suck. Why should I like a band just because they are fans or proteges of a decent band? Those are not good reasons.

Nor are Richie Sambora, Guns n Rose and Aerosmith my cup of tea either.
Page: 1 2
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood