ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

© 1973 Chuck Pulin
[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: new tree: 1981 US tour (part 2) Return to archive Page: 1 2 3 4
November 6th, 2004 08:31 AM
mac_daddy ok folks. since those "tattoo boards" were such a hit, i figured we could go deeper into that tour...

this tree will also be 8 discs.

jaggergurl sent me the tattoo board #5, which is the KC gig. I haven't listened to it (it arrived yesterday), but assuming it is different than the KC source i have, i will include that source as well...

also, i will include the four disc set "ride like the wind," which is the AZ show and some extras stuff, including some tracks from the nightclub gig the stones did with muddy waters in chicago...

assuming this one goes well, i will seed out the 6 disc "jersey devils" (two NJ 81 gigs and extras) as part three when this tree finishes up...

HOW TO REGISTER

If you wish to get these CD's, you e-mail me on the following e-mail address : macdaddy_47 AT hotmail DOT com with the following information:

1) YOUR ROCKS OFF USER NAME :
2) YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS :
3) YOUR COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE :
(important : if you live in the USA, please also add your STATE)
4) IF YOU WISH TO REGISTER AS A BRANCH OR A LEAF
(if you wish to be a branch, please advise how many leaves you can branch for - remember that each leaf you take on will be getting 8 discs from you)

THE CLOSING DATE FOR REGISTERING FOR THIS TREE WILL BE MIDNIGHT WEST COAST TIME ON SUNDAY NOVEMBER 15, 2004.

Some of you may be unfamiliar with the way a 'tree' works -For those of you new to this process, a brief explanation of how it operates.

When you register, you advise whether you want to be a leaf or a branch. If you are a leaf, this means that you are not making copies for other people below you in the tree structure - if you are a branch, you are making copies for leaves. (Some people signing up as branches will be listed as "seeds", which means they are getting the discs directly from me and then copying for other branches). Obviously, if you are registered as a branch, you will be getting your copy of these shows earlier than you would if you are a leaf.

When you register with the required information, you will receive a confirmation e-mail from me within 24/48 hours. (If you have not heard within 48 hours, contact me again)

After the sign-up deadline, I organise the tree structure on a regional basis as much as is possible and e-mail it to everyone who has registered - so if you have registered as a leaf for example and live in New York, you will ideally end up getting your discs from a branch somewhere around that region. You can get the discs from the person above you in the tree structure by EITHER a) a straight trade from 8 discs in your own collection for the 8 discs in this offer OR b) a "B&P" arrangement (blanks and postage). This means that you can send the branch 8 blank CDRs PLUS sufficient first class return postage costs (eg a self addressed envelope with sufficnet stamps). Ideally, you'll be trading with someone in your own country/region who uses the same currency. If it suits you both better, you might agree to send an appropriate number of extra blank CDR's to cover the postage costs

I will then e-mail the tree "structure" to everyone who has registered and you contact the person ABOVE you in the tree structure to arrange how to get your discs. I.e., if you are a leaf, you contact your allocated branch : if you are a branch, you contact your seed, if you are a seed you contact me.

Please note that not everyone who registers as a branch will end up being listed as a branch. It depends in the proportion of branches/leaves in your region of the tree structure.

It's important that the turnaround of discs is done quickly. Obviously with an 8-CD set, its bigger than our usual "trees" so this might take longer than usual, but try not to keep your contact waiting and endeavour to have the discs sent out within a week of finalising your trade or having received the discs that you have been allocated to copy.

When copying discs for someone, please only copy "Disc at once". Never send discs which are not recorded this way, and which have gaps between each track. If you do, this is considered a faulty disc and the recipient has the right to insist on a properly copied disc as a replacement.
Please try to send your discs out as fast as possible. Ideally within 72 hours of arranging your trade or receiving the blanks you have been sent. Send your CD’s first class/airmail (if sending overseas). The success or failure of this venture depends on everyone acting promptly as the people you’re sending the discs too may in turn have to supply someone else.

Please keep the people immediately below you in your part of the tree informed at all times of the progress of the trade (ie, if you have received your copies of the shows yet, if there will be any delays, when the discs have been mailed out etc). Likewise,the person lower down the tree structure should keep their branch/seed updated as necessary. Please also acknowledge ALL e-mails – sounds petty I know, but every time we organise a trade there’s always a problem or misunderstanding with someone not answering e-mails and keeping people in the dark.

Please note - if someone sends you blanks for the shows, please use THOSE disks that they sent you to make the copies for them. We've had some feedback on previous trees about people receiving expensive blank CDRs and then making the copies on cheaper, low quality disks and sending THEM instead. If someone is sending you expensive disks to make copies on, theyre doing so for a reason and its only fair that you record the shows on THOSE disks.

Please remember that these discs are NOT FOR RE-SALE. We’re strict about this. If anyone is re-selling these shows, they’re banned from any future trees. We’re not bootleggers. The whole point of this is to distribute music in a way that the only costs incurred are the price of a few blanks and your postage. We know for a fact that the Stones’ management people are watching the websites for fans selling unauthorised material such as bootlegs. By circulating these shows this way, we avoid any possible legal problems.

Any problems (hopefully there won’t be!), you can contact me on the e-mail address stated above.

Please keep an eye on this thread for any updates on the progress of this tree, but do NOT use this thread to register. Thanks
[Edited by Gazza]
November 6th, 2004 09:42 AM
Martha I just signed in! Thanks macdaddy!
November 6th, 2004 11:11 AM
gustavobala please, what means 'KC' ????? kansas city????

and 'AZ' ?????
November 6th, 2004 11:16 AM
glencar KC = Kansas City, indeedy

AZ = Arizona (the outdoor stadium in "Let's Spend The Night Together/Time Is On My Side"
November 6th, 2004 11:26 AM
gustavobala thanxs again glencar...

weel i always wants know in what fucking place they plays in that show...

thanxs...
November 6th, 2004 11:42 AM
glencar You're welcome. The arena portions were shot in New Jersey at what was called the "Brendan Byrne Arena" but it's now the "Continental Airlines Arena."
November 6th, 2004 11:57 AM
gustavobala new jersey and arizona??? wau, is far...

glencar, do you live in states?

why glencar? is man or woman?
November 6th, 2004 07:54 PM
violentkind I`m in!
November 7th, 2004 07:15 AM
marko MATE!You should have added Seattle 10/15/1981,the new
Seattle Supersonics,its a must have!
November 7th, 2004 10:37 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
marko wrote:
MATE!You should have added Seattle 10/15/1981,the new
Seattle Supersonics,its a must have!

you can tree that one, amigo - i do not have it (but of course if you were to send it to me, i would get it out to the masses)...

do you want in on this volume, marko..?
November 7th, 2004 11:19 AM
T&A i wish SOMEBODY would tree seattle supersonic - I hear it's a very good upgrade - and it was my second-ever Stones show. please, please.
November 7th, 2004 12:31 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
T&A wrote:
i wish SOMEBODY would tree seattle supersonic - I hear it's a very good upgrade - and it was my second-ever Stones show. please, please.

judging from the discussion that marko and i just had (in this thread), i would guess that we will get it seeded here - probably as the 7th and 8th discs of volume 3...

November 8th, 2004 07:18 AM
peterdv hi Macdaddy, Marko

Mac, nice of you to put in the next volume,
but,personnally as being a huge 81 fan ( like Marko) i have all what you offer on this new tree except vol 5 from the Tattoo Boards, the KC ...

can we do a separate trade ? i really want this one badly..

Peter
November 8th, 2004 10:06 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
peterdv wrote:
hi Macdaddy, Marko

Mac, nice of you to put in the next volume,
but,personnally as being a huge 81 fan ( like Marko) i have all what you offer on this new tree except vol 5 from the Tattoo Boards, the KC ...

can we do a separate trade ? i really want this one badly..

Peter

peter - send me an email.
November 8th, 2004 10:11 AM
mac_daddy for the record, i believe the two KC sources come from the same source tapes, albeit with a few differences. i have yet to verify, but i believe the new (tattoo board #5 is slightly off-speed). i am not altering a thing (although at some point i might adjust the pitch), and i will include both sources, so you folks (the listening fans) can make your own decision. the differences are subtle, and few and far between, but they are present...

November 8th, 2004 11:19 AM
marko So should i seed Seattle as well?
November 8th, 2004 12:05 PM
mac_daddy
quote:
marko wrote:
So should i seed Seattle as well?

absolutely - you are the only one i know of who has "seattle supersonic" (and you seem to speak highly of it )

what else from 1981 were you planning on seeding..?

should i count you as a branch for this one (volume 2)..?
November 9th, 2004 05:29 AM
peterdv [quote]mac_daddy wrote:

absolutely - you are the only one i know of who has "seattle supersonic" (and you seem to speak highly of it )

hahahaha, and guess from whom he got it :-) yep yours truly :-)

so coool, btw, Rattlesnake , they are releasing soon this seattle on silver (and as always they tune it up) so i think it's worth waiting for ..i'll send you a copy Mac and Marko..
Mac, check your mail
cheers
Peter
November 9th, 2004 05:34 AM
peterdv hm, Mac Daddy
your email in your profile it doesn't work for my
can you mail my
[email protected]

thanks
November 9th, 2004 08:21 AM
Gazza Can you please confirm (for everyone's benefit) the dates of the shows you're offering here:

If I'm reading this right, its TWO versions of Kansas City 15.12.81 ?

plus "Ride Like The Wind" , which is Tempe,AZ 13.12.81 plus extra tracks (are these originally ON the "RLTW" boot?) such as Checkerboard Lounge, Chicago 22.11.81 (6 tracks presumably) plus what others?

Maybe we should do a series of '81 soundboard trees. Maybe do the 3 "Jersey devil" shows as Vol.4 as most people by now have them.

What other '81 soundboards are there apart from what we're offering on Vols. 1 & 2 here :

Philly 26.9.81
Seattle 15.10.81 (?)
Houston 28?.10.81
(theres also the opening 3 songs of the other Houston show, Buffalo and, I think one of the Dallas shows available from video soundboard source)
Hampton 18.12.81
"Kings of Drugs" (Hartford 10?.11.81)
plus the KBFH "Supergroups in concert" recordings (about 90 minutes, some of which is identical to "Still Life" and which was used for boots such as "Mission Direct Hits", etc)

when you add in the "Jersey Devils" shows, we could end up doing about four 8-disc volumes of this stuff at least.
November 9th, 2004 08:53 AM
mac_daddy yes -

two different sources of the same KC show. but they sound different. one is "tattoo board #5" and one is a set i rec'd a year ago...

the "ride like the wind" set is the complete four disc set. i am adding nothing. this one is the complete tempee show on d1 +2 plus some extra sbd stuff. discs 3 and 4 are one of those uber-shows that is compiled from all different sources, but is compiled to seem like one show. the last four tracks on d4 are from the checkerboard lounge. this is how the 4 disc bootleg set was packaged...

quote:
Maybe we should do a series of '81 soundboard trees. Maybe do the 3 "Jersey devil" shows as Vol.4 as most people by now have them.

that is exactly what i suggested above

[Edited by mac_daddy]
November 9th, 2004 09:00 AM
marko Is there a NEW SOURCE from KC 12/15/81 show? is it complete
and on SBD quality?
November 9th, 2004 09:07 AM
mac_daddy like i said above, marko, they are (i believe) complete. they also sound to me like they come from the same source tape. however, the one that is NOT TB #5 sounds better to my ears. the TB#5 sounds slightly more off-speed. therefore i figured i would send both out together, and let the listener decide. this way everybody has all 5 TB sets, as well as a (IMHO) better sounding version of the KC show...

i then figured to throw in "Ride Like the Wind" as it is the finest sounding source of 1981 material that i have heard...

November 9th, 2004 09:14 AM
marko Does ride like the wind contains also the 2 sbd tracks from
Denver(10.4.81) and New york 10.12.81(2 tracks as well)?
I need this bastard,KC anyways.
November 9th, 2004 09:19 AM
mac_daddy

http://ilovemickjagger.net/arlesimages/imagepages/image2576.htm

(she is missing the back for d2 - but pinkrobert has it (someone else can go look for it)

http://ilovemickjagger.net/arlesimages/imagepages/image2579.htm

http://ilovemickjagger.net/arlesimages/imagepages/image2581.htm
November 9th, 2004 09:21 AM
marko What about Houston?
November 9th, 2004 09:27 AM
mac_daddy
quote:
marko wrote:
What about Houston?

it is a city in the state of texas. what about it..?
November 9th, 2004 10:20 AM
marko LOL,been there actually!Well we could include that on the
city trees?
November 9th, 2004 10:32 AM
Gazza Summarised from hendrik Mulder's "Love you live" site..

Ride Like The Wind track info :

Disc 1 and tracks 1-11 of disc 2 are the full show from Tempe, Arizona 13.12.81

Disc 2 tracks 12-13 : Down The Road Apiece/Mona (Philadelphia 26.9.81)
track 14 : Tops (Philadelphia 25.9.81)
tracks 15-16 : All Down The Line/Starfucker (San Francisco 18.10.81)

Disc 3
Tracks 1-7 : Under My Thumb/Shattered/Black limousine/Twenty Flight Rock/Going To A Go Go/Time Is On My Side/Waiting On A Friend (Pontiac, MI 1.12.81)
Track 8 Let It Bleed (New orleans 5.12.81)
Tracks 9-10 You Can't Always Get What You Want/Shes So Cold (Largo, MD 9.12.81)
Track 11 Miss You (Hampton 18.12.81)
Tracks 12-13 Brown Sugar/Start Me Up (Largo 9.12.81)
Track 14 Jumpin' Jack Flash (Pontiac 1.12.81)

Disc 4 :
track 1 : Beast Of Burden (Chicago 25.11.81)
track 2 : You Can't Always Get What You Want (Pontiac 1.12.81)
tracks 3-5 : Miss You/Honky Tonk Women/Brown Sugar (New York 13.11.81)
tracks 6-8 : Brown sugar/ Jumpin jack Flash/ Street Fighting Man (Boulder, CO 4.10.81)
Tracks 9-13 : Baby Please Dont Go/Hoochie Coochie Man/ Long Distance Call/Mannish Boy/Champagne and a Reefer (Mick, Keith, Ronnie with Muddy Waters et al, Checkerboard Lounge, Chicago 22.11.81)

I'm assuming all of these tracks are from soundboard or FM source. The only recordings that I'm unfamiliar with as soundboards are the tracks from San Francisco, New York and Boulder. Maybe someone can confirm if theyre soundboards too)
November 9th, 2004 10:33 AM
jpenn11 macdaddy,

Thanks for generously sharing all of this!

I did not realize that you're circulating the 12/15 KC show. Was this an audience recording on Crossfire Hurricane and Mick Taylor We Love You and Always Will Do?

Also, what equipment or software do you use to adjust pitch?
Page: 1 2 3 4
Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood