ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Albert Golgman "The Lives of John Lennon". Bantam books. New York, 1989
Thanks Irina!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: November 27, 1969... 32 years ago! Return to archive
11-27-01 12:28 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Jimi celebrates his last birthday attending the shows of the Rolling Stones at the Madison Square Garden. Today Jimi would be 59 years old.

The following are some pix from that day
11-27-01 12:56 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl

11-27-01 01:03 AM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This was posted and discussed recently here, but I think that we can summarize that historic day again now, it was mentioned by Mick Jagger recently as one of the best concerts ever, and the main source of Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out.

Jimi celebrates his last birthday attending a Rolling Stones concert at the MSG, NYC on November 27. Jimi Jams with Mick Taylor in their dressing room the same day.

Mick Jagger was the inspiration to the Jimi Hendrix song Dolly Dagger. It has a line in the song that says "She drinks her blood from a jagged edge�" During Jimi's birthday party on November 27, 1969, Mick accidentally pricked his finger. When he asked for a band-aid, Devon Wilson (Jimi's girl) rushed to him and told him that wouldn't be necessary. In full view of Jimi, she sucked the blood from his finger.

Also Jimi sort of "stole" Devon, Mick's girlfriend away. The song Dolly Dagger additionally says, ��better watch out baby, here comes your master" And refers to her during the lead saying, "Come on Devon and gimme some of that heaven." If ya dig deep enough, you'll see that Jagger dug Devon."

For more pix of the Rolling Stones with Jimi Hendrix, as well as a lot of anecdotes please visit our site for Jimi and his times with the Rolling Stones.

http://www.rocksoff.org/jimi.htm
11-27-01 12:50 PM
Tom Nice photographs, specially those with Keith
11-27-01 06:53 PM
Milton In addition to Jimi Hendrix, Mick Jagger and Ian Stewart, Who's the guy at the left? Is Mick Taylor?
11-27-01 06:55 PM
Milton Sorry I'm talking about the picture in the header, I'm seeing that it is not in this thread
11-27-01 11:58 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl This is the picture you're talking about and was the header on November 27, 2001

I'm not sure but it could be Mitch Mitchel (The Jimi Hendrix Experience drummer), but I'm sure it's not Mick Taylro, see how the way he dressed that night and his hair.
11-28-01 04:06 AM
Mathijs IN the Gimme Shelter movie you can see a whole buch of people in the dressing room, hangers&baggers, entourage of Ik e&Tina. Few people are recognisable: Ron Schneider, Stanley Booth and Leroy. I don't know who this guy is. Stanley Booth writes in his book that at times the dressing room was so crowded the Stones decided to stay out and retreat to a back room.....

Mathijs

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.