ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Albert Golgman "The Lives of John Lennon". Bantam books. New York, 1989
Thanks Irina!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: being mick had 2.3m viewers just in the uk Return to archive
11-23-01 04:45 PM
moy Channel 4's Mick Jagger documentary, Being Mick,
had 2.3m viewers and a 10% audience share between 9pm and
10.15pm.

http://media.guardian.co.uk/overnights/story/0,7965,604608,00.html
11-23-01 04:48 PM
Gazza Considering Channel 4 is a minority interest channel and there was LIVE football on two other channels,thats quite a good performance! Hopefully,it'll help the album....

Incidentally,the preview I read about this film mentioned that it would show footage of Mick's recent LA gig (or maybe I'm mistaken) There was no "live" footage at all in the version we got in the UK - was there any on the US broadcast?
11-23-01 05:02 PM
Nellcote Yes, we got "God Gave Me Everything" from the El Rey.
Showed Mick in all of the attire noted in earlier posts
here on the board. He rocked again, much like the 10/20
NYC benefit show. Looking forward to VH1 awards, where he
will perform.

11-23-01 05:15 PM
Gazza bastards!!!!!!
11-23-01 05:29 PM
Amy340 We got the performance footage of GGME from the El Rey at the end, but Gazza, you guys got 15 (?) more mins of a show than we did (didn't you?, ours ran for about 45 or 50 mins once you cut out commercials). You guys had footage of Keith for one thing, we didn't. We got Ronnie and Bill, no Keith...
11-23-01 06:09 PM
Gazza Ours was 75 mins with commercials,so I'd say it ran for about 60 mins of footage...how typical that theres different versions for different countries..dot they know how important this is to anal people like us? LOL

yeah we got a funny clip near the start of Mick in London coming out of a Stones meeting - it then showed Ronnie and keith comin out (Keiths entrance was a sight to behold..Christ!)
11-23-01 06:50 PM
Stray Cat "My chassis cost seven grand" {?}!- Keith
11-24-01 12:02 AM
KeepRigid >>Keiths entrance was a sight to behold..Christ!<<

Man, you've GOT to explain that statement! Details, details! LOL

I hope Mick puts clips from the different versions up on his site.
11-26-01 03:30 PM
moy "Meanwhile, ABC (5.3 million, 1.6/4), which aired the Mick Jagger special "Being Mick" to an underwhelming 3.9 million viewers and a 1.5/4 in adults 18-49"

============

the audience was 2.3 m in the uk and 3.9 m in the usa if we consider the population on each country we have

uk 2.3/60 = 3.8%
usa 3.9/270 = 1.4%

so we can't say that "the people in the uk is so down on the stones" as someone mentioned

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.