ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Albert Golgman "The Lives of John Lennon". Bantam books. New York, 1989
Thanks Irina!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Rare look Return to archive
11-23-01 12:29 PM
Maxlugar Last nights Being Mick was a total pleasure. I friggin' loved the rare look we got into the private life of this still very mysterious man. That shot of him looking after the Stones vault was awe inspiring. I felt like I was Howard Carter getting his first glimpse into the tomb of King Tut. "I see wonderful things", was what Mr. Carter was heard to say when asked if he could see anything when he first looked through a hole in the tomb. I, instead, just soiled my nappies. Those little gems looked like they were wrapped in kryptonite and duct tape. My eyes couldn't focus in on the titles but I saw some Paris '78 or '81 and some other dates. I wish I taped it. I also thought seeing Micks daughters sing back up and play around in the studio was the cutest thing I have ever seen. Those girls are adorable. Did anyone tape it? I bet you something very similar is done when the Stones get back into the studio and prepare for a tour. Jagged films will not miss that chance to do this same especially if it helps sales.

Maxy!
11-23-01 12:52 PM
KeepRigid For all the negative expectations offered around here (ie. suggestions that it would be a sickening ego trip), it turned out to be quite interesting. It had that strange Behind the Music appeal, where you'll even watch to see what Rick Springfield does next.

Most of the footage that had fans cringing (ie. Mick in the easter egg hunt) were a "blink and you'll miss it" affair.

I hope it did well in the ratings, since they decided to put it opposite a Thanksgiving episode of ER- but even that show isn't the juggernaut it used to be.
11-23-01 03:02 PM
Nellcote I thought it was a hoot to hear that Keith had a terrible row with Elton. I think this was a reference to the Princess Di single, when Keith slayed Elton in the press.
Another great exchange was Mick & Elton talking about Madonna's show, how things should have been done differently. The vault, yes one does wonder! How did archivist Bill Wyman like the looks of that! Hoped to see more from the El Rey show, have to wait for the VH1 awards.

Nellcote

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.