ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Albert Golgman "The Lives of John Lennon". Bantam books. New York, 1989
Thanks Irina!
WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch2: Random Sike-ay-delia] [Ch3: British Invasion]
Support these stations! Click and check

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist OR start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Next Stones record to be 2 0r 3cd greatest hits record with a few new tunes on it Return to archive
11-22-01 01:14 PM
VOODOO I have it from a VERY GOOD SOURCE the next Stones record will B a 2or3cd greatest hit's type set that will include a few brand new songs on it. Also the cd will be priced to sell as many copies as possible much the same way McCartney's Wingspan was.

The Stones record company has been after them to do this this for quite awhile but they have refused up to this point.
There are some legal problems to be worked out (That would take to long to get into) that have kept this on the shelf.

But with the Beatles 1,Paul McCartney's Wingspan, and recent Pink Floyd Echo's being such chart blockbusters the Stones are set to release a similar set next year as well as a tour just in time to cash in on their 40th anniversary.

Also expect a network tv show (Again like McCartney's Wingspan) to coincide with the Tour and album as well as the usual promotion things the Stones are so good at.

The tour and album are going to be billed as a party to celebrate to Stones 40 years togther.

Jagger is the driving force behind this entire project he wants to be on top of the charts again and prove that he and I underline HE can still cut it in the year 2002. To prove this point the record is going to cost around$13-$15 US dollars but contain at least 2 perhaps 3 cd's of music.

The Stones are doing this for two reasons.

1/ Mick wants to dominate the charts again and prove all the nay sayers wrong. With aggresive pricing Virgin feels the Stones could go to #1 and move 5 million US units and generate some much needed good will back in Britan where sales have been mediocre for the Stones. (Its odd that the Stones don't sell well in England their homeland yet sell well in nearly every other part of the World)

2/ It would give the Stones an excuse to tour and charge alot of money for tickets.

Jagger always plays stupid in the media for some reason. Trust me he knows EXACTLY what he and the Stones will be doing next year. Don't believe that bullshit that he doesn't know what the Stones will be doing next year it's typical Mick Jagger. He is quite a smart business man and unlike his public image is very calculating he knows what he is doing and why he is doing it.

Although,he is right in saying it will not be an Anthology type record. It will be mostly well known hits that span from the Stones first recordings up to Bridges to Babylon
with a FEW rare or unreleased tunes on it as well as 3 to 5 new tunes.

All this talk of the Stones putting out unreleased tracks from Voodoo Lounge and Bridges to Baylon and touring behind it is bullshit. As is the idea that they are going to tour behind a record of unreleased live music.

The record company wants the Stones to capture a large mainstream audience again. Who the hell Besides die hard Stones fans are going to buy outakes from Bridges to Babylon and Voodoo Lounge?

The Stones as well as Virgin know this.

Trust me the Stones are going to make a run at huge chart #'s with this new collection IT IS MEANT TO SOLIDIFY THEIR LEGENDARY STATUS AS WELL AS PLACING THEM BACK ON TOP OF THE CHARTS IN THE YEAR 2002. IT IS GOING TO BE A HUGE UNDERTAKING AND A JUMPING OFF POINT FOR THEIR NEW STUDIO RECORD THAT WILL MOST LIKELY BE OUT IN LATE 2003.

Contrary to reports the Stones will release an entire new record AFTER this greatest hits record and tour is completed.

The Stones are going to make a run at the charts like they never have before to prove that they are still a force in modern music and Mick Jagger is behind the entire project.
THIS IS FACT.

From what I understand Jagger is hellbent on scoring huge chart #'S.
11-22-01 02:01 PM
yellow1 Sounds like a lot of BS to me...Especially the 2003 album business !
11-22-01 03:32 PM
Mottrush Nice dream Voodoo!! What happened when you woke up???
11-22-01 08:17 PM
Mathijs I have been dreaming this dream over and over -just until Goddess in the Doorway -now I'm shattered, all over this town....and I've been shadooby down...

Mathijs
11-22-01 11:53 PM
Street_Fighting_Man If only that were to be true... It will be freakin' time the Stones will release anthology set, besides the London Years boxset (which has a lousy sound and shitty liner notes). I don't think it will surpass the sales of the Beatles 1 cd but most likely pass The Best of Pink Floyd or any other WORLD'S GREATEST ROCK 'N' ROLL BAND wannabes.
11-23-01 12:05 AM
Happy Motherfucker Sounds like that is a pretty good plan for the band. The band certainly wants to hit the charts again. I agree with voodoo on this one. Yeah, Mick knows exactly what the band is up to next year and you can bet that dates for the tour are getting ironed out right now. When The Stones hit the road it is such a big undertaking that the wheels start roll'n at least eight months in advance. Their plans for 2002 are probaly well into the works but being the smart business man that Mick is, he ain't letting onto nothing! GODDESS IN THE DOORWAY is his primary goal now, but just wait until the first of the year and you will see the Stones plastered all over the media.
11-23-01 12:19 AM
KeepRigid This is a sound plan for the Stones, in a marketing sense, although I hope it doesn't end up as Michael Jackson's History did.

Really though, I'm still surprised by fans that prefer an Anthology of greatest hits to a new studio album.

11-23-01 04:44 AM
yellow1 I agree who cares for an anthology when most of the material to be included has already been booted, except the 89 and 97 sessions and some stuff from the late 60s (see karnbach's book for details)
11-23-01 08:36 AM
steel driving hammer Regarding the first thread, what did he mean by Greatest Hits?
JJF, BS, IORR etc, or Greatest "Unreleased" Hits?
If this is donky poop, he sure took alot of time to think it up.

Think Keith is laughing at Mick in relation to Goddess?
Took Goddess out of the cd player last night.
Anyone know if Ronnie's new one is available at Best Buy?

Mick; your Lousiana recipes have surely let me down w/ Goddess.
Great album, but the air is gone.
But I'll still jam to it eber now and then.

On June 16, 2001 the hit counter of the WET page was inserted here, it had 174,489 hits. Now the hit counter is for both the page and the board.
The hit counter of the ITW board had 1,127,645 hits when it was closed and the Coolboard didn't have hit counter but was on line only two months and a half.