ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

John Lennon
October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980
Plastic Ono Mothers at the Fillmore East, June 5, 1971
With Frank Zappa - December 21, 1940 - December 4, 1993

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: stones' dvd's Return to archive
11-29-03 06:12 PM
MrMojoRisin i want to get a stones live dvd i was wondering which one you all recomend, ive heard that live at the max isnt taht good, i heard that some of it is overdubbed, what about bridges to babylon, what year and tour is that footage from?
any help is appreciated
thanks
11-29-03 06:24 PM
Some Guy Do you have Four Flicks?
11-29-03 07:10 PM
Scot Rocks Still waiting to get 4 flicks, suppposed to be by all accounts brilliant, however just now I just have Bridges, Live at the Max and Stones in the Park, I like different parts in each of them, my overall favourite at the moment is Live at the Max as its good to see Ronnie playing and hearing him which is not the case for the majority of Bridges.

Mark

[Edited by Scot Rocks]
11-29-03 09:19 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy If you do some digging you can find a bootleg Brazillian version of "Let's Spend The Night Together" on DVD, which is them in '81. I found it in my local DVD shop at the mall, which I wasn't expecting at all.

-tSYX --- It's all right... It's all right...
11-30-03 07:29 AM
Factory Girl Zyzzy, how much was "Lets spend..." dvd? TIA!
12-01-03 09:24 AM
SHINE A LIGHT i'd say four flicks, it's brilliant.
12-01-03 09:52 AM
Jumping Jack List of Must Have List DVDs:

Early 60s - Ed Sullivan
69 - Hyde Park
Gimme Shelter
72 - Ladies and Gentlemen
75 - LA Forum
78 - Ft. Worth Deluxe by Joint Trip
78 - LSTNT
Hampton
88 - MJ solo Tokyo & Oz
89 - Atlantic City
90 - Tokyo
At The Max
94 - Giants
95 - Tokyo
97 - St. Louis
98 - Bremen
99 - Hartford
02 - FUC
03 - MSG
Four Flicks

Many of these have been or are being treed on Shidoobee
12-01-03 10:11 AM
jb The Ladies and Gentleman DVD along with Gimme Shelter DVD are great. This is the band at it's best.
LSTNT VHS is visually very nice..the opening in particular always brings back those great 81 tour memories...unfortunately, Mick did not sound very good on the 81 tour.
Live at the Max is very weak and really the beginning of the Las Vegas Stones...and as I have pointed out, 4 Flicks is sadly the band in full decline...the songs are played at 1/2 speed, as as pointed out in the special MOJO Stones issue which I finally received this weekend, Keith could hardly play at the Olympia theatre...
[Edited by jb]
12-01-03 10:29 AM
padre Just tried to watch the MAX DVD today. They should have never put that one out on video. It was made for that huge IMAX screen and probably works there, but on TV it sucks. Because of the giant screen it was done, instead of close-ups (there's none!) we get way too much wide and even wider shots of the stage and audience. The damn stage design gets more shots than Bill and Charlie together!
The IMAX cameras are big and hard to move around, so the overall camerawork throughout the film is VERY stable and boring. And seeing the guys miming poorly on their singing and solos (whenever the camera is on stage with the band)doesn't help much. The playing is too slick (with five goddamn horns!). And there's not only the Chuckman, but also the mighty Matt Clifford with his fabulous synth!
I really don't get why they didn't release the great -89 Atlantic City gig on video instead of this. If you don't own this already, avoid it. It rocks as hard as the Flashpoint cd.