ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

John Lennon
October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980
Plastic Ono Mothers at the Fillmore East, June 5, 1971
With Frank Zappa - December 21, 1940 - December 4, 1993

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Keith Richards website (and stuff) Return to archive
11-25-03 05:08 PM
Monkey Woman I don't know if it's already been posted here but from what I gathered from IORR.org, there's new features on Keith's official website, that you can access only by buying a membership. He he, that's a smart business move, Keef!

Well, I won't begrudge an artist the right to sell his art. On the menu: videos, an keithrichards.com e-mail address, etc.

Price: $19 or $34 (the latter includes a Wingless Angels CD, as Keith is reissuing that one)

http://www.keithrichards.com
11-25-03 05:12 PM
UGot2Rollme is Keith really reissuing Wingless Angels, or just trying to get rid of some inventory that's gathering dust?
11-25-03 05:17 PM
caro Thanks for the info, MW! I suppose that means no more updates in the "free" sections... (sigh)
But I have to say, the webmasters did an awesome work. Visually, it's one of the most beautiful sites I know, and I'm not saying this because of the many Keith photos (or am I?).
11-25-03 05:21 PM
Monkey Woman He's reissuing it for Christmas so it's promoted now on his website.

BTW, it's a classic case of the tie-in product (the website) promoting a record while the record promotes the tie-in. Interlocking the cash flows is the key...
11-25-03 05:41 PM
glencar I've owned Wingless for years & ahve never played it. Worth my endless time?
11-25-03 05:42 PM
Monkey Woman Absolutely, Caro, this is a beautiful website. The pictures of Keith are not hard on the eyes either! Photo credits include Claude Gassian, Kevin Mazur, Mikio Ariga... All great stuff. And also Jane Rose, Keith's manager and friend, who is no mean photographer herself. Lady Jane's avatar is one of those, taken probably at Keith's house in Jamaica. A picture like that is worth a million words.
11-25-03 05:44 PM
Ten Thousand Motels That guy needs to create some NEW music. Keith needs a a little shot in the arm. ....that's all.
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
11-25-03 05:47 PM
Monkey Woman A new Stones studio album would go down sweet, that's sure! But it doesn't mean Keith's older music is worthless. And it seems they're reissuing the WA record because fan club members were interested but couldn't get it as it's out of print.
11-25-03 05:51 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
I've owned Wingless for years & ahve never played it. Worth my endless time?

LOL! I dunno, we'll have to listen to the samples on Keith's website.
11-25-03 06:16 PM
Monkey Woman Can they or cannot they? Is the glass half full or half empty? Now the tour's over, we'll have to wait and see -- or hear, hopefully!

But there ARE some good signs.
1) Mick and Keith seem to have a good working relationship, as is obvious in the Four Flicks footage, both on stage and off.
2) Mick isn't in a creative fallow period, as witness his solo album, the fact that he wrote on his own the latest Stones single Don't Stop, which sold not bad at all and was pretty effective live. Like his music or not, the guy IS writing music in the 21st century.
3) The tentatively named 'bootleg' tracks on FF have a good feel. Finish these and a dozen more and the Stones have a helluva good album.

Let's keep our fingers crossed.
11-25-03 06:27 PM
glencar Don't Stop shows a group still creating great music. Don't eb such a curmudgeon!
11-25-03 06:27 PM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Yeah but the Stones don't seem to be relevant anymore as song writers. For some reason they JUST WON'T DO IT.

Ah, well, that's where opinions differ, depending on your optimism level.
[Edited by Monkey Woman]
11-25-03 06:28 PM
glencar He's worried about aging.
11-25-03 06:29 PM
Monkey Woman Nothing wrong with aging, we do it all the time.
11-25-03 06:30 PM
glencar Can't stop the aging.
11-25-03 06:37 PM
Monkey Woman Which brings us back to Don't Stop, lol!

Well, it's been a crazy, exhilarating evening today on the board, and now I'm due some sleep. Bye all! Have a great holiday in Europe, Glencar!
And thanks once again to Gazza, Voodoo and Jaxx for the high standards in this board's administration. It's not easy to strike the right balance between funhouse and madhouse, but it seems RO is so far the better approximation. Great job!
11-25-03 06:38 PM
glencar Thanks, MonkeyWoman! You are an inspiration!
11-26-03 07:38 AM
Pattie
I don't like the fact that you have to pay to get in and see all that stuff....
But if I were in his shoes I'd do the same! I'm a little hypocrite