ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

John Lennon
October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980
Plastic Ono Mothers at the Fillmore East, June 5, 1971
With Frank Zappa - December 21, 1940 - December 4, 1993

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glenn Campbell pulled a Nolte Return to archive
11-25-03 09:53 AM
jb Someone who knows how must post his mug...lol

Here ya go! LOL

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
11-25-03 09:58 AM
scope I can't find any pics of the arrrest, but here's the story:

PHOENIX (Reuters) - Country music singer Glen Campbell (news) was arrested on Monday on suspicion of extreme drunken driving and hit and run after he crashed into another vehicle in central Phoenix, city police said.

Campbell, whose storied career has included 27 Top 10 hits, also was booked into jail on suspicion of aggravated assault on a police officer for allegedly kneeing a sergeant in the thigh while at the station, said Sgt. Randy Force, a Phoenix police spokesman.

At times, the 67-year-old entertainer was combative and aggressive, congenial and was heard to be singing as he was being processed into jail, Force said.

Campbell remained at Madison Street Jail until early on Tuesday, authorities said. Following a midnight hearing, he was released on bond at 12:30 a.m., a jail spokesman said. The amount of the bond was unavailable,

"That's what alcohol addiction can do to people," son Shannon Campbell, 18, told Reuters in a telephone interview. "People should pray for him and any other people who have the same problem."

Shannon Campbell said the incidents do not happen often with his father, whose official web site says that the singer has given up alcohol and smoking cigarettes.

He said he was waiting for his father's call from jail.

Police said the incident started at about 5 p.m. MST when Campbell's silver BMW car slammed into a white Toyota sedan at a Phoenix intersection and continued on. A witness followed Campbell's car as he called authorities on his cell phone.

Arriving officers made the arrest after confronting Campbell at his residence at the Biltmore Estates, considered a posh area of Phoenix populated by affluent residents.

"By his appearance and demeanor and the strong alcohol on his breath, he was taken into custody," Force said.

Campbell's blood-alcohol level was not immediately released. The legal limit for drivers in Arizona is a blood-alcohol content of .08, with extreme drunken driving at more than .15.

The singer has spent more than 40 years in the entertainment industry, racking up such hits as "By The Time I Get To Phoenix," "Wichita Lineman" and "Rhinestone Cowboy." He recently released a career-spanning boxed collection of his songs. He also is known for his CBS musical variety series "The Glen Campbell Goodtime Hour."

11-25-03 09:58 AM
nankerphelge I just saw the pic and I must say it is pretty damn funny -- no Hawaiian shirt mind you, but he has the messed up hair and man the face is better than Nolte's!!

Ha!

Too fuckin funny!
[Edited by nankerphelge]
11-25-03 10:01 AM
scope Here's the link for the picture.

http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/cpress/20031125/capt.e112511a.jpg
11-25-03 10:09 AM
nankerphelge Here we go again, laughing at someone's misfortunes!!

I'll start:

HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!!!!
11-25-03 10:18 AM
scope He He He He

Can't you just picture him singing Rhinestone Cowboy in jail!
11-25-03 10:56 AM
UGot2Rollme By the Time Glen Got to Phoenix.

By the time Glen got to Phoenix he was shit-faced,
He was too drunk to read the note I left hangin' on his door
But he'll laugh when he reads the part about Jack Daniels
'Cause he's met that man so many times before

By the time Glen makes bail he'll be sober,
But he'll probably stop at the bar on the way home,
And he'll just laugh and keep on singing,
Off the wall, that's all

By the time Glenn makes Oklahoma He'll be sleepin'
And then he'll awake to find his puke next to the bed,
And he'll just laugh and open his breakfast Bud,
It tastes so much better than cornflakes, don't you know
Oh, good ole Glenn just let's it flow
That Rhinestone Cowboy just let's it flow
One more shot of whisky down below
11-25-03 10:58 AM
nankerphelge He he!! That's great!

11-25-03 11:09 AM
LadyJane Who needs a test.

We are all going to Hell!!!!

LJ.
11-25-03 11:31 AM
Joey

There is some quality posting going on around here .......

Let me Join in : " Stones Rule You Bastards ! "

Free Jacko

" Irrelevance is a crime worse than absurdity Ronnie "

Jacko !
11-25-03 12:30 PM
gypsy Glen looks fucking pissed in that mugshot.
I LOVE it.
11-25-03 12:44 PM
Factory Girl Glenn looks loke a politician in the mugshot. He may be our next president!

11-25-03 12:53 PM
glencar His own son damned him by saying, "Dad's got an addiction." The hit & run aspect will really do him in. You'd think at 67 he'd know better.
11-25-03 01:06 PM
Joey

I would weigh in here but I have to go and pee ........
11-25-03 01:06 PM
glencar Is it Glen or Glenn?
11-25-03 01:13 PM
Snowflake Like a Blind Stoned Cowboy

I�ve been driving these roads so long,
Singin� my tired old songs.
I know every crack in these dirty ways of the wrong way.

When drinks are the name of the game
That Toyota�s in my way, it�s in the wrong place

There�s been a load of compromising,
On the road to my Tequila Sun-Rising,
But I�m gonna be where the cop car lights aren�t flashing on me!

Like a Blind Stoned cowboy,
Driving out in my car and I can�t even see the road.

Giving jabs to the thighs of the cops I don�t even know.
And Shannon is sitting by the phone�.without even knowing what I�ve blown�

Well I really don�t mind the picture framed,
And my smile reflected �pissed� not pain,
But you�re down when you have nothing to gain
That�s all I�ve got to say.

And I dream of the things I�ll do
With a court date tucked in my shoe,

There will be a load of compromising,
On the road to my horizon
But I�m gonna be where the drinks are going down me!

Giving jabs to the thighs of the cops I don�t even know.
And Shannon is sitting by the phone�.without even knowing what I�ve blown�

11-25-03 01:15 PM
glencar Are you aka "SDH"?
11-25-03 01:17 PM
Joey Snowflake ........................I would like to nuzzle you .
11-25-03 01:25 PM
Snowflake no, I'm new but related to UGot2Rollme.

so, anyone care to put a wager on what Glen blew?
11-25-03 01:26 PM
glencar .22
11-25-03 01:26 PM
glencar And welcome aboard Snowy!
11-25-03 01:41 PM
Factory Girl Hello, Snowy!!
11-25-03 05:07 PM
UGot2Rollme I think Glen's car is overestimating the alcohol level...
I'll say .20
11-25-03 05:48 PM
glencar Glen's car? LOl
11-25-03 06:56 PM
stonedinaustralia the witchita wine man..."i am a wine man for the county..."
11-25-03 10:53 PM
TomL Glenn needs to stay at the Ranch and get those SHEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP. We all have been there, some get caught, some don't. Thank God I've only had 14 tonight.
11-26-03 04:13 AM
Highwire Rob
quote:
Well I never was real or stronger than steel.
I'm a figment of Freudian need.
And the video screen is a psychotic scene
And it's all done with mirrors and green

I hope he gets himself cleaned up. Only this year did I discover his brilliant song--Superman's Ghost--It's definitely my favorite of all his hits, and I'd like to hear him perform it in person sometime soon. The tune is especially poignant when you think of another Reeve who played the superhero role. The song, of course was written well before Christopher Reeve's accident.

Superman's Ghost

Chorus

I don't want to be like old George Reeves
Stuck in a Superman role.
I've got a long way to go in my career
And some day my fame will make it clear
That I had to be a Superman

Verse 1
He came from another place deep in his mind
As far as the planets in space.
As galaxy's mysteries start to unwind
Some changes are bound to take place.

Though gravity constantly weighs on my travels
My mission is close to adrift
Though I can be strong when my power unravels
I still come to you for a lift.

(Chorus)

Verse 2
I know I can fly when my plane hits the sky
I believe I've got nothing to lose.
But when I'm alone with the bed and the phone
I get the terminal metropolis blues

I flew to the coast where Superman's Ghost
Lay shot on the bedroom floor
He said 'Watch out for TV it crucified me,
but it can't crucify me no more.'

(Chorus)

Verse 3
'I'm red white and blue, I've got justice to do
I'm the man of your fantasy dreams
But I'm an alien man from an alien land
Who's alive on your orthicon screens.
I once ruled the world and when flags were unfurled

I performed for you live not on tape.
But the public is cruel when played for a fool
As you see by the blood on my cape.'

(Chorus)

Verse 4

'Well I never was real or stronger than steel.
I'm a figment of Freudian need.
And the video screen is a psychotic scene
And it's all done with mirrors and green

My agent just called, the talks have been stalled
I soon will be pulled from the air.
But the image persists in the video mists
That a Superman still will be there!'

(Chorus)
11-26-03 09:17 AM
UGot2Rollme More on the Blind Stoned Cowboy...man he must have really been wasted (blew 2.0 mixed with pills)
-------------------------------
Glen Campbell talks to Tribune following arrest
By Thomas Bond, Tribune

Country music legend Glen Campbell blamed the mixing of alcohol with a prescription medication for his arrest by Phoenix police on suspicion of drunken driving, aggravated assault on a police officer and leaving the scene of an accident.

�I'm taking Lexapro and you can't have alcohol with it, and I did. I forgot. That's just it in a nutshell, really,� Campbell told the Tribune on Tuesday in a telephone interview from his Arizona Biltmore Estates home. �It's amazing, I'd never experienced that before � with the Lexapro and the alcohol � but it's a definite no-no.�

Court documents showed Campbell's breath test after Monday's arrest revealed a blood-alcohol level of 0.20 percent. The legal limit in Arizona is 0.08 percent, and results above 0.15 percent call for charges of extreme drunken driving.

Lexapro is a drug used to treat depression or anxiety. Campbell, 67, said he's been taking the medication for anxiety over the last �seven or eight months.�

In a life that has included hit singles, Grammy Awards, his own television show and film credits, Campbell's experience Monday night was a new one.

�It's the first time I've ever been arrested and the first time I've ever been in handcuffs,� the singer said.

He also confirmed reports that he offered officers an impromptu concert, vocalizing some of his hit songs.

�Yeah, I was singing,� Campbell laughs. �Until they handcuffed me � my thumbs are still numb.�

Regarding his altercation with officers, Campbell said it was a reaction to being handcuffed for the first time in his life.

�That's why I was so afraid. When my hands are bound, oh, I went nuts. It's a feeling of � I (nearly) drowned when I was 3 years old or 2-and-a-half years old � and that's why, you know, I guess when I just feel like totally helpless, wow, I just went berserk. Well, I didn't go berserk, but I was just kicking and screaming, you know, you don't put handcuffs on me � I've never been in handcuffs before,� Campbell said.

Still, he knows the officers were just doing their job.

�I can't say as I blame them,� Campbell said. �They didn't know that I was on the medication.�

Campbell was booked Monday night into Maricopa County�s Madison Street Jail in Phoenix on four misdemeanor counts of drunken driving and hit and run and a felony count of aggravated assault on a police officer.

Campbell's attorney, Larry Debus, posted $2,000 bail on the misdemeanors, and Maricopa County Superior Court commissioner Stephen Kupiszewski released Campbell without a bail requirement on the felony count to the court's pretrial service department to monitor him for alcohol and drug use, said Debus and court spokeswoman Karen Arra.

When not making music, Campbell indulges his passion for golf. He had been out practicing his swing before he was involved in Monday's collision and arrested near his home.

�I went out to hit some golf balls and was coming back home,� Campbell said. �I guess I was speeding a little.�

"I've got a little bump on my left front fender, a dent by the headlight,� he said.

He said the incident has caused him to re-evaluate his consumption of alcohol.

�Oh yes, definitely,� Campbell said. �I've got to keep taking the Lexapro. It's for anxiety, and thank God I got it.�

The other driver, Tempe resident Charles Root, also was not seriously hurt, Phoenix police said. Root told the Tribune in an interview after the collision that Campbell's car struck the side of his vehicle, after which the singer sat and stared before fleeing the scene.

Root did not initially recognize Campbell but was able to get his license plate number for police. Officers later took Root to Campbell's house, where he identified the singer as the other driver. Root drove himself to a hospital for evaluation of minor injuries.

Regarding forthcoming court proceedings, Campbell said: �I'm waiting on my lawyer and my manager (for details).�

11-27-03 07:43 PM
Promo A Blind-Stoned Cowboy who will be Shit-Faced by the time he gets to Phoenix??

Come on over to Rocks Off, Glen!
11-28-03 03:34 AM
UGot2Rollme At times, the 67-year-old entertainer was combative and aggressive, congenial and was heard to be singing as he was being processed into jail, Force said.

LOL!

Let's keep this thread alive!