ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

John Lennon
October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980
Plastic Ono Mothers at the Fillmore East, June 5, 1971
With Frank Zappa - December 21, 1940 - December 4, 1993

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Dylan in Sheperds Bush Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-23-03 11:48 PM
Honky Tonk RDW#12&35 Anybody see this gem of a setlist yet??

1. Cold Irons Bound (Bob on piano)
2. Quinn The Eskimo (Bob on piano and harp)
3. Down Along The Cove (Bob on piano)
4. It Takes A Lot To Laugh, It Takes A Train To Cry (Bob on piano and harp, Larry on slide guitar)
5. Just Like Tom Thumb's Blues (Bob on piano)
6. Most Likely You Go Your Way (And I'll Go Mine) (Bob on piano and harp)
7. Million Miles (Bob on piano)
8. Tough Mama (Bob on piano)
9. Under The Red Sky (Bob on piano and harp, Larry on pedal steel)
10. Positively 4th Street (Bob on piano)
11. Dear Landlord (Bob on piano)
12. Tombstone Blues (Bob on piano)
13. Jokerman (Bob on piano)
14. Silvio (Bob on piano)

(encore)
15. Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum (Bob on piano)
16. Like A Rolling Stone (Bob on piano)
17. All Along The Watchtower (Bob on piano)
11-24-03 02:16 AM
alex_taper Thanks for the set list guy !!!!
What a show it must have been...
He has changed most of the songs compared to his last european shows!!! "Jokerman", "dear landlord"....
I can't wait to have the boot, it will be a killer one
Come on Bob, see you next year in Europe!!
11-24-03 06:59 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Lotsa "Bob on piano"...huh?
11-24-03 07:33 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Holy shit!

Bob went on a bender!

"Hmm... let's fuck with *everyone* tonight, huh, guys?"

-tSYX --- Don't happen that way at all...
11-24-03 09:03 AM
Lazy Bones Holy shit!!

Quinn, TM and Dear Landlord! Dear, God!

11-24-03 10:15 AM
T&A yeah - probably the most remarkable setlist since his debut of the piano, Brown Sugar and all those Zevon covers last fall....
11-24-03 01:28 PM
alex_taper His performances in this european tour are better than fall 2002-spring 2003 and his new guitarist freddie koella is awesome...
11-24-03 03:35 PM
Gazza Got that setlist texted to me last night and my jaw almost hit the floor.

Only three of those 17 songs (namely - the three encores) were played at the show I saw at Wembley 8 days earlier (and he played keyboards on every song on THAT show too..)I'd also say that almost all of those first 14 songs have not been played previously on the current tour,either.

agree with you,Alex about Freddie Koella. I really liked Charlie Sexton but this guy's shit hot.

Two more shows in London theatres tonight and tomorrow (Hammersmith Apollo and Brixton Academy). God knows (no pun intended) what he'll come up with.

"Copper Kettle" anyone?
[Edited by Gazza]
11-24-03 04:16 PM
Martha I got an e-mail this A.M with this set-list from my taper friend who taped the Louisville show that I sent so many of you. Holy CRAP! Bob is unbelievable and to change the set-list so dramatically and so quickly just again shows me how impish this guy truly is. And I mean that in the fondest sense of the word.

He is untouchable, unprecedented and astonishing...I hope those of you who can are getting to the shows over there!

YeeHaw!!!

"I got eight carburetors and boys I'm using them all!"
11-24-03 05:47 PM
Phog How I would've loved to have been at that show. Dylan is the fuckin' MAN.
11-24-03 05:55 PM
alex_taper totally agree,

Hammersmith Apollo set list tonight

1.Drifter's Escape
2.You Ain't Goin' Nowhere
3.Cry A While
4.Girl Of The North Country
5.Romance In Durango
6.Dear Landlord
7.High Water (For Charley Patton)
8.Tough Mama
9.Floater (Too Much To Ask)
10.Million Miles
11.Jokerman
12.Honest With Me
13.The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
14.Summer Days

(encore)
15.Cat's In The Well
16.Like A Rolling Stone
17.All Along The Watchtower

Not as good as shepherd's bush but fucking great even though...

It makes me want to listen to bob boots all night!!!
11-24-03 06:26 PM
Gazza Alex- do you live up to your screenname by any chance?

Has he played "Romance in durango" since the Rolling thunder tour in 1975??? cant say I recall him doing so!
11-24-03 07:00 PM
glencar Does he play "Gotta Serve Soembody" anymore? I just got a CD with Marianne Faithfull doing a cover version.
11-24-03 07:14 PM
Gazza occasionally he would, yes

I saw him in Belfast in 1998 and he opened with it - first time it had been played in many years. I guess it was appropriate..it was in the set on and off after that. Still gets the occasional airing
11-24-03 07:58 PM
Honky Tonk RDW#12&35 Well, he did "Gotta Serve Somebody", I believe, when he toured with The Dead earlier this year.

Hammer tonite wasn't as hot as SB, but damn, still tasty. I mean, "Romance in Durango"!! Has he done that since Rolling Thunder? I can't recall.

I've been hearing nothing but great stuff on these European shows. I've only acquired a few of them, but soon enough they'll fill my walls and then my ears, over and over again.

I even did a count and of the 17 songs performed, it was a 13 song difference from the NEC. And if I counted right, there was another 11 song difference between Hammer and SB. I just hope he continues on this streak when he returns to the US.

Freddy is growing on me. I don't think I gave him enough time to prove himself when he joined with Bob, but he's really rockin' up there. I don't know if I can put him above Charlie, but he's holding his own.
11-24-03 09:22 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Honky Tonk RDW#12&35 wrote:
Well, he did "Gotta Serve Somebody", I believe, when he toured with The Dead earlier this year.

St. Pete's Forum, Tampa, FL: 30 July 2003
11-24-03 10:30 PM
Nasty Habits DEAR LANDLORD!

I have wanted to hear that song live for like ever!

Romance in Durango?!?!?

Now THAT'S what I'm talkin' about!

Go Bob!
11-24-03 10:44 PM
Phog Another fine show--opens with "Drifter's Escape", does "Tough Mama" again, and throws "Romance In Durango" in the mix. Again, Dylan is the fuckin' MAN!!
11-25-03 06:48 AM
Doxa Funny, a week or two I was complaining here that Bobby is coming to be as predictable as the Mighty Stones as far as the set lists are concerned, but now comes setlists like these...in Sheperds he changed ALL the songs of his regular set; only the encore songs were heard in previous show. Does this man think he is some...ehm.. Bob Dylan?

Doxa
11-25-03 10:14 AM
T&A Romance in Durango? Oh My God...I don't believe he's done that since Rolling Thunder!!!!
11-25-03 10:26 AM
Lazy Bones According to How Long Has It Been Since Dylan played...it was San Antonio, 11 May 1976. More than likely correct. However, I did notice songs that hadn't been updated.
11-25-03 10:42 AM
Martha It is a wonderful thing indeed that Bob Dylan is in the world.

Bob, if you are readin' this board today.... we love you!!!!!!
11-25-03 11:09 AM
T&A Lazy Bones:

Actually, I think he does keep that site updated regularly. Songs that get played with any frequency at all he doesn't bother with, though...
11-25-03 12:07 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
Martha wrote:
Bob, if you are readin' this board today.... we love you!!!!!!

He probably won't visit Rocks Off today as he plays at the Brixton Academy tonight. He may tomorrow, though on his well-deserved day-off!
11-25-03 02:23 PM
Child of the Moon I'm very pleased to see these sets. Romance in Durango, man... what a track that is! Same w/ Dear Landlord, etc. I think everyone's pointed out what's needed to be pointed out... Though I've always been a huge fan of Girl From the North Country.
11-25-03 10:59 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl I love "Romance in Durango" form many reasons, one is because is about a beautiful state in my country, and second because of Dylan's Spanish LOL

No llores mi querida
Dios nos vigila

There's a big mistake in the lyrics as the Aztecs never lived in that state but who gives a fuck. I have the vinyl LP, but only the vinyl, I lost the cover so I have the LP inside another cover
11-26-03 04:33 AM
Highwire Rob Has he yet--or would he, do you believe--call up Tweeter and the Monkey Man from the Traveling Wilbury days?

I mean, it was pretty much his own track back then anyway. I love that song!
11-27-03 03:25 AM
Honky Tonk RDW#12&35 For your listening pleasures, here is a link with Jokerman, Dear Landlord, and Durango:

http://home.btconnect.com/CCK/Music/

Enjoy!
11-27-03 05:57 PM
Gazza >Has he yet--or would he, do you believe--call up Tweeter and the Monkey Man from the Traveling Wilbury days?

No..never unfortunately. As far as I know, the only Wilburys track he's ever played in concert was "Congratulations", and even then it was only once or twice in 1989.

"Tweeter"'s a great song. Love all the Springsteen references.
11-28-03 12:50 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy From Brixton: Good thing he's stopping, or we'd start hearing "Spanish Is The Loving Tongue"!

1.The Wicked Messenger
2.Yea! Heavy And A Bottle Of Bread
3.Tweedle Dee & Tweedle Dum
4.Blind Willie McTell
5.Tangled Up In Blue
6.Million Miles
7.Boots Of Spanish Leather (acoustic)
8.Highway 61 Revisited
9.Love Sick
10.Jokerman
11.A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
12.Honest With Me
13.The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
14.Summer Days

(encore)
15.Cat's In The Well
16.Like A Rolling Stone
17.All Along The Watchtower
---

"Yea! Heavy And A Bottle Of Bread"! This is, what, the second time he's played it live, ever? And "Blind Willie McTell"... damn, what a song. Opening with "Wicked Messenger" ain't a bad idea, either!

I think he did this so everyone who was feeling dumb for not including "Cat's In The Well" in their pools would feel better.

I wonder if he did "Love Sick" like the Stripes did last week...

-tSYX --- I'm sick of love...
Page: 1 2