ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

John Lennon
October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980
Plastic Ono Mothers at the Fillmore East, June 5, 1971
With Frank Zappa - December 21, 1940 - December 4, 1993

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Faces reunion tour OFF for now Return to archive
11-23-03 10:08 PM
mnewman505 Rod Stewart will start a major tour soon that will stretch through the summer, Faces reunion tour has been shelved.
This makes Ron's schedule open....interesting....
11-24-03 02:40 PM
TomL There was talk awhile back of Ronnie touring with him, I don't think so now though. Hope not.
11-24-03 02:51 PM
T&A There was NEVER a Faces reunion being planned, according to Mac - there had been discussion of a Rod/Ronnie album/tour...
11-24-03 03:01 PM
KeithRichards210 Personally, I was hoping Woody would tour with Rod after the Stones were finished. Rod needs a good rock & roll kick in the ass..
11-24-03 03:10 PM
T&A agreed....Ronnie makes a very good Stone - but he was an even better Face. There is a rare and precious chemistry when Rod and Ronnie work together...
11-24-03 03:34 PM
Joey " There is a rare and precious chemistry when Rod and Ronnie work together... "

Yeah , there's Chemistry alright :

Barfy !

11-24-03 04:23 PM
Martha Bummer..I was looking very forward to them reuniting also. BooHoo
11-24-03 04:53 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
T&A wrote:
agreed....Ronnie makes a very good Stone - but he was an even better Face. There is a rare and precious chemistry when Rod and Ronnie work together...

Very well put. Woody's raunch n' rhythm suited Faces perfectly, even more so than the Stones' sound. I'd still love to see that happen somewhere down the road...

Rod has turned to mush without Woody's influence. It's time to either get it together or hang it up.
[Edited by KeithRichards210]
11-24-03 05:16 PM
Prodigal Son I guess singing predictable American standards is of utmost importance to Rod the Sod. When was his last big hit that WASN'T a cover!? "Forever Young," that pile of dung? Now he always made lots of covers back in the old days but at least they were well done and good songs in the first place. Plus, the original material he wrote with Ronnie was just as great. When was his last good original song, period? "You Wear it Well"?
11-24-03 07:05 PM
glencar Actually, "Forever Young" was a cover version. Perhaps "Baby Jane" is the answer.
11-24-03 07:23 PM
nankerphelge My only hope is that Ronnie hits the geeetar and not the bottle while the band is regrouping. I'd love to see him just immerse himself in all thangs twangy and get back in fine form. Then hit the studio and make Keith work. Then hit the road so's I can get all chibed up and yell like a muther!!

11-24-03 09:35 PM
Prodigal Son "Forever Young" was a cover? Was it a cover of the Bob Dylan song? There are some lyrics that match up but a lot are changed if that's the case.
11-25-03 04:02 AM
Mathijs Do you really think that Ronnie can remember, let alone play, any of the old Faces songs? I sure don't think so.

Mathijs
11-25-03 05:29 AM
Jumacfly you re right mathjis, he s still stoned from the olympia...
11-25-03 12:37 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
Mathijs wrote:
Do you really think that Ronnie can remember, let alone play, any of the old Faces songs? I sure don't think so.

Mathijs

He can't play half the Stones songs either. So what's the diff?

I think he'd be fine for the Faces. Most of those songs are pretty uncomplicated, and can be played while inebriated. maybe I'll test that theory out tonite, just to be sure..
11-25-03 12:42 PM
jb The bottom line is that Ronnie has never been a great guitar player. He is very average and when stoned or drunk, appallingly bad.
11-25-03 12:45 PM
KeithRichards210
quote:
jb wrote:
The bottom line is that Ronnie has never been a great guitar player. He is very average and when stoned or drunk, appallingly bad.

Well...I liked some of his riffs with Faces, and occasionally he has done some nice studio work with the Stones. As a live guitarist- forget it. Once in a while he'll pull off a good show, but more often than not he's just window dressing.
11-25-03 12:48 PM
jb He was dreadful on the CYHMK solo....Mick Taylor must cry when he thinks how much money this dim-witt makes!!!
11-25-03 12:54 PM
oldkr BACK TO THE POINT! since 99 theres been an album in the wings called you strum and i'll sing an accoustic rod/ron (NOT FACES) album like songs of the faces unplugged. There is word of a short tour , but with the lengthening of the stones tour , it has been shelved in the SHORT term

OLDKR
11-25-03 02:31 PM
T&A Oldkr:

Only the presumed title track has been written/recorded, according to what Rod & Ronnie have divulged to date...
11-26-03 04:04 AM
Mathijs I think Ron Wood was an excellent guitar player. Listen to the outtakes of the 1977 Some Girls sessions and his (then true) weaving with Keith on the 1978 and 1981 tour -this guy used to be an incredible player. But, 30 years of boozing and 10 years of free basing has taken its toll, and he now even can't play in tune anymore (and indeed, on some occaisions like the Olympia gig he was too Stoned for the first part to even know where he was).

Mathijs
11-26-03 09:54 AM
oldkr i can promise you theres more than that - ive worked closely with this project

OLDKR
11-26-03 10:43 AM
SHINE A LIGHT oldkr,i agree with you here about the roddie/ronnie project.but let's face it.....SOME of these people just want to argue, no matter what you have to say. do not let them get to ya. (ps. e-mail me again soon,ok???)

11-26-03 11:00 AM
caro
quote:
oldkr,i agree with you here about the roddie/ronnie project.but let's face it.....SOME of these people just want to argue, no matter what you have to say. do not let them get to ya. (ps. e-mail me again soon,ok???)

Shine a light, your agressive, attention-seeking blather is pathetic. I don't want to speak on oldkr's behalf, but I'm sure he'll be happy if you give him (and us) a break.
11-26-03 12:45 PM
Boomy "Faces reunion tour OFF for now"

11-26-03 12:57 PM
KeithRichards210 Hey Boomy, where'd you get that avatar? And when is VR releasing a cd? Any ideas?
11-26-03 04:24 PM
SHINE A LIGHT i have not been banned, i am taking a time out from all this negativity.
11-26-03 05:16 PM
Boomy Well KR, my understanding (I frequent a VR forum)is that Scott has just finished or is about to finish his vocals for the album, and then all it has to do is be mixed.

Trouble is, Scott fucked up again, which means that most likely the release date will be in March ( I think it was slated for an earlier release, like February).

I think they would like to release it during a tour or right before a tour starts, but they can't do it in January or February because his probation conflicts with everything. He can only do vocals for like a couple hours a day, with someone tagging along with him.

Let's hope he just gets it straight.
11-26-03 05:19 PM
KeithRichards210 Thanks Boomy. Yea, I hope Scott gets his shit together and they can make this happen. This lineup has a lot of potential. That is, if Scott doesn't fuck them up...