ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

John Lennon
October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980
Plastic Ono Mothers at the Fillmore East, June 5, 1971
With Frank Zappa - December 21, 1940 - December 4, 1993

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: hey you Europeans, what have you done yesterday night?? Return to archive Page: 1 2 3
11-19-03 04:01 AM
Jumacfly ...cause FF finally arrived yesterday, i m sure many of us have watched it yesterday night!!

the whole set is priceless....i d really love seing Ronnie s face during his solo on CYHMK, Mick s high performance on "that s how strong...", well well (that jam sucks a lot!! ), i spent a great moment and was fascinating by the energy of the band...specially Charlie, his connnection with Darryl was so amazing!!
This morning there s a stones trafic jam in my mind,many notes and licks...and a big smile on my face!!!

Well, a great DVD IMHO....

So what about you my Europeans RO BAstards????

cheers
JU
11-19-03 05:44 AM
egon i was waiting last night...

waiting for my friends to turn up with my present.

they didn't.
11-19-03 06:20 AM
Jumacfly Egon, this fu..ing box is the greatest present for your B day!! the duet with Jonnhy hallyday on Miss you is great...
french bad joke man!!!
cheers, and have a good time , i m waiting for your review my friend!!

Ju
11-19-03 07:17 AM
egon ha ha, johhny with the stones.
he'd wish, the stupid cock!

regarding flicks,
I am giving it till the end of the week....

what did you pay for it btw, and where did you buy it?

11-19-03 07:24 AM
Jumacfly fnac 59.99 euros...i think that s the normal price in france...seems less expensive in holland man!!
i was the first to get it !
11-19-03 07:31 AM
egon seems a fair price to me for 4 dvd's.

don't understand what's taking my friends so long,
they all have jobs and make money and stuff..

bastards!

11-19-03 08:11 AM
caro Egon, you lucky bastard. You only have to wait for someone to buy you the DVD. I have to wait for someone to get me a DVD-player! And I have no idea if this will happen one day. Or, I'll buy the DVD and watch it on a friend's computer. But I don't know if she'll accept to lodge me and provide free food for 5 days.
Did you throw a slice of frozen pizza at your TV during Miss you, Ju? Anyway, I hope you have fun!
11-19-03 08:18 AM
Scot Rocks Hey, hope to get 4 Flicks soon maybe this weekend...last night i went out

Mark
11-19-03 08:32 AM
Jumacfly Caro! no pizza for me yesterday night...haven t seen the hidden footage..to be honest i was like a child in front of my tv..
i ve convinced my girlfriend to watch the doc and the olympia set...we were both amazed by the show..and she gave me a great pleasure by saying "ouh, it s far better than the Bridges dvd!!"!!! After the Ronnie solo on CYHMK she said " great solo!! hope Ronnie will stay sober for a long time". period!
the sound is awesome, I wasn t disapointed ...Anyway, i ll look for the Miss you extra with a pack of old tomatoes!!

Alex have you bought it today??
11-19-03 01:08 PM
Monkey Woman What did I find waiting in my mail-box, this evening? Yes, Four Flicks, at last!!! Now the hard part will be waiting until the week-end to really enjoy it all... Damn having to work tomorrow...
11-19-03 04:22 PM
Gazza Got it on Monday morning. Had to rush into work so didnt have time to run into HMV or Virgin

"Fortunately" we had a bomb scare an hour later, plus it was raining, so I seized the initiative and popped into Virgin and emerged just as everyone trooped back to the office having been given the all-clear.

they have a lot of competition this week with new releases - Lord of the rings boxed set, plus new music releases by U2, the Chili Peppers and Springsteen!!

So far I've only had time to watch bits of Paris and Twickenham on Monday evening but last night checked out the documentaries and 'bootleg' clips on disc 1.

Blown away so far. I love it.
11-19-03 05:51 PM
Jacques Hi
Nice and great dvds. Great quality. Sounds nice and great Olympia show. Twick show is a big stadium show, I prefer gigs. MSG we knew before and as Gazza I did not have time to have a look to the 4th one of them. We'll have a nice WE. But I have to watch to some others dvds that friends sent to me.
Sorry Caro you know what you miss. Happy if we can help you.
Cheers
11-20-03 12:24 AM
glencar I still have the Paris show in the player...
11-20-03 02:52 AM
L&A Sales start today in Belgium, but my friend K-rim bought it for me yesterday. We spent the evening watching disc 1 - amazing, I like that "worried about you" warm-up version. We also took a look at some parts of discs 3 & 4, but had no time to watch the complete dvd's.
Great week-end ahead !
11-20-03 04:06 AM
Jumacfly hi everybody...
just checked "can t turn you loose" this morning....amazing, with double , triple ending, great one to begin another day with a smile on your face and tears right in your eyes!!!
Anyway, i ve found few extras on the dvd, but don t remember how
*Mick talking about the tix
* Jo and Ronnie at the olympia
*keith talking about Tumbling Dice...

Cheers
JU
11-20-03 05:45 AM
egon I HAVE NO FRIENDS!!!
11-20-03 05:54 AM
Jumacfly Egon come on go to the store and take the four flicks!!!
if your friends offer the box too bring it back and ta
11-20-03 05:55 AM
Jumacfly Egon come on go to the store and take the four flicks!!!
if your friends offer the box too bring it back and take "let s spend the night" or "in the park" instead!!!
11-20-03 07:28 AM
alex_taper Hi everybody,
I bought "four flicks" on monday, surprised to see it already in stores. I only watched to the documentary, I like the moment when Mick plays "worried" in the stadium and the others join him!!
I will make audio cd's with the olympia gig and stadium show.
The 2 unreleased "jams" sound like voodoo lounge sessions, great stuff!!
11-20-03 07:46 AM
egon jumy,
i think i'll pay a visit to fnac this weekend.
it'll be the best 55 euros i've spend in a long time!
my 'friends' have no idea what they are putting me through...
11-20-03 08:37 AM
Jumacfly Alex Taper, the 2 songs "wel well" and "extreme.." was a big disapointement for me!!! sounds like a beginning of rehearsals, when musicians check their intruments...
Anyway, the rest of the box set kicks ass!! Worried about you in Boston is a priceless moment!!
Egon take a trip to the closest Fnac or Virgin... RIGHT NOW!!!
11-20-03 10:14 AM
coowouters An American friend bought me a copy at best buy and sent it priority, so I paid 29.99 us$ and best of all, as my DVD player is region free and NTSC compatible, I guess I have the cheapest copy in Belgium

Chris
11-20-03 10:27 AM
Jumacfly Well done Chris!! Have you watched it yet??
11-20-03 11:15 AM
glencar I enjoyed Worried About You at the stadium warm-up but do you think they'll ever do it in that setting? Tops at JFK Stadium in 1981 didn't work all that well although I love the song.
11-20-03 12:24 PM
coowouters
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
Well done Chris!! Have you watched it yet??

Actually......no ! Just skimmed through the 4 discs. I have asked for a day off next week, so I have the house for myself (wife at work, dogs to the in-laws), and then...... ROCK 'N' ROLL!!!!!!!
I already had the chance to win two tix for the sneak preview on a large screen (with 5.1 sound)at a movietheatre in Brussels last saturday, and much to my surprise they played the Olympia show! Watching that one on this huge screen and listening to the great sound was a real thread! Only a pity that the "contest" to get tix for the screening was just a "mail your e-mail addy and we pick winners", so there where maybe 10 real Stonesfans and for the rest people who just came to watch a "music movie" to spend some free time. (And a lot of winners even didn't bother to come to Brussels, so the theatre was only filled for 2/3 maybe.

Chris
11-20-03 12:30 PM
Jumacfly hey nice event in Brussels!! you lucky man!! must be terrific in a theatre with big sound!! here in france we had..anything, as usual!!
you ve probably heard about what happened in Holland when security became crazy during the stones market??
11-20-03 12:32 PM
L&A > An American friend bought me a copy at best buy and sent it priority, so I paid 29.99 us$ and best of all, as my DVD player is region free and NTSC compatible, I guess I have the cheapest copy in Belgium

For sure, Chris

> I already had the chance to win two tix for the sneak preview on a large screen (with 5.1 sound)at a movietheatre in Brussels last saturday, and much to my surprise they played the Olympia show!

I also wanted to go to Kinepolis, but had already a long-time-ago-planned evening with friends (non-Stones fans :rolleyes... How was the image-quality on a movie-screen ?
11-20-03 12:33 PM
Lazy Bones
quote:
coowouters wrote:
Actually......no ! Just skimmed through the 4 discs. I have asked for a day off next week, so I have the house for myself (wife at work, dogs to the in-laws), and then...... ROCK 'N' ROLL!!!!!!!

Glad to see you have your priorities straight! Well done.
11-20-03 06:14 PM
Angiegirl I'm getting FF this Saturday, as a store in Holland will make it a special offer 'DVD of the week' and the stunt is that it will be 50% off only this Saturday. They said. Have to wait and see. Will be 30 or 35 euro!! Worth the wait. The store is Van Leest btw, the one I least expected to do something with this DVD, making it an offer I can't resist as usually it's the most expensive record store! FF retails at E 59,99 at the moment in most stores here.
11-21-03 04:43 AM
coowouters
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
hey nice event in Brussels!! you lucky man!! must be terrific in a theatre with big sound!! here in france we had..anything, as usual!!
you ve probably heard about what happened in Holland when security became crazy during the stones market??

Well, the screening in Brussels was Official, it was not a club event. I heard from the Bussum Dirty Work fan meeting.
What a waste! All those present were die-hard fans, so they would have bought the DVD anyway.
You should think these people from the copyright-bureau would have better thinks to do than busting a fanclub meeting!
Some time ago, a dealer in Switzerland was busted and his PC, containing a list of items bought by clients (including their addresses), was seized.
One year later, a friend of mine here in Belgium, was ordered to return all the bootlegs he had bought from this dealer to the authorities(which he did). But the building where he had to go to to turn in the bootlegs, is right around the corner from a bootleg store (illegal in Belgium)!!!!!
So these suc.... only go after the little fish and leave the dealers alone.......

Chris
Page: 1 2 3