ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

John Lennon
October 9, 1940 - December 8, 1980
Plastic Ono Mothers at the Fillmore East, June 5, 1971
With Frank Zappa - December 21, 1940 - December 4, 1993

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [SETLISTS 1962-2003] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Anyone off to the Stripes this Friday? (NSC) Return to archive Page: 1 2
11-17-03 09:57 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy Can't wait for this one. Hopefully they'll do a Bob cover.

-tSYX --- Girl, you have no faith in medicine...
11-17-03 10:50 PM
glencar Where at?
11-18-03 08:53 AM
Sir Stonesalot I see 'em on the 24th @ Tweeter Center in Camden NJ.

I'm hoping to get out alive.
11-18-03 09:03 AM
mac_daddy ss - are you going to run tape?
11-18-03 09:31 AM
Jumacfly I got to admit my RO fellahs: i ve bought "elephant" last week after all i ve readen here. and i m not disapointed!! this album is so so great....they re the future...
MANY THANK YOU CRAZY BASTARDS!!!!!
11-18-03 09:46 AM
Factory Girl They're here on 11/22, its re-scheduled date from the summer. I tried to get tix, but they're sold-out.
11-18-03 10:30 AM
sandrew I plan on catching them Sat. night in D.C.
11-18-03 12:05 PM
Martha I'm seeing the Stripes in Cleveland on the 30th. Cannot wait!

What should I wear???? A Stones shirt or Nasty Habits Whizz Records shirt..the latter of which I would need to order...... today!!!

Post haste Ronnie!

"Let's be friends........"
11-18-03 01:46 PM
Factory Girl Martha-I'd wear Nasty Habits

sandrew-have fun! I can't get in to see them.
11-18-03 03:13 PM
Sir Stonesalot What do you mean you can't get in?

Of course you can.

Just go and hunt down someone with an extra. I've done that many many times, and have only had to pay a scalper once. I've even gotten in for free!

C'mon girl, if you want in, you'll get in.
11-18-03 03:16 PM
Factory Girl You're right, Sir Stonesy. I should try.
11-18-03 05:39 PM
Martha Absolutely GO Factory Girl.....you'll get in!
11-18-03 08:13 PM
mac_daddy try to check out Autolux, too (they are opening @ Roseland)...

ss - you didn't answer my question?

[Edited by mac_daddy]
11-18-03 10:59 PM
Nasty Habits Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!

11-19-03 07:35 AM
Factory Girl Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits! Nasty Habits!

PS. That is all!
11-19-03 07:54 AM
Sir Stonesalot Yeah MD, I'll give it a go.

It's a new rig that I haven't had a chance to field test yet, so I can't promise any spectacular results.
11-19-03 08:20 AM
Scot Rocks So annoyed didn't see the White Stripes here earlier this year, im hoping they will return though.

Mark
11-19-03 09:23 AM
Hooked I'm going to see them in DC on 11/22 also. Factory Girl, you should able to get in, just keep looking that night outside the venue, there's usually one available...
11-19-03 12:16 PM
Martha I need a shirt!!!!

Savage and Young,

I need to ask a BIG favor...can you check the running time for the Stripes show and report back here with it? My taper friends are seeing the show in Cleveland with us on the 30th (I'll get this show to whoever wants it, by the way, once I have it in hand!) and have asked me to find out the running time (and set list) if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Martha
11-19-03 12:51 PM
Factory Girl Hooked, do you have an extra?

11-19-03 12:56 PM
Sir Stonesalot Martha...

With the White Stripes, setlists and running times are a crap shoot.

I wouldn't expect more than 100 minutes though.
11-19-03 12:56 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Martha wrote:
I need a shirt!!!!

Savage and Young,

I need to ask a BIG favor...can you check the running time for the Stripes show and report back here with it? My taper friends are seeing the show in Cleveland with us on the 30th (I'll get this show to whoever wants it, by the way, once I have it in hand!) and have asked me to find out the running time (and set list) if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Martha

Martha, my Dylan-sending friend, your wish is my command!

-tSYX --- May you stay forever young...
11-19-03 04:30 PM
Hooked FG, I don't have an extra, but i just saw on the 930 club website that they are going to have info at 7 PM today (Weds) on some tickets that are going to be released, so you may want to check that---www.930.com
11-19-03 09:39 PM
mac_daddy Put in a 120 DAT and you will be able to run it from the time the lights go down to the time the lights come up post-encore...
11-20-03 10:43 AM
Martha Thank you Savage and Young and you too Sir Stonesalot.

Macdaddy, I won't be the taper...I can't stand still or keep quiet that long not to mention go with out a potty break..LOL I will have the Cleveland show as long as my friends don't get popped going into the venue. I'll distribute it once I have it to anyone who is in need!

FG...GO no matter what...GOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

"I don't know what to do with myself....I just don't know what to dooo with myselfff...."
11-20-03 08:20 PM
mac_daddy well the shows here at the Greek a few months back ran less than 80 minutes, encore incuded - that seems pretty standard for all of the live sets I have heard. I just recommended the 120 minute tape for the same reason I always use fresh batteries (expensive as that is to do) - it is better to be safe than sorry.

have fun.

who's opening for them in Cleveland?
11-20-03 09:51 PM
beer I saw them about a year and a half ago. For just 2 people onstage, they really rock. I taped the show and the setlist looked somethin like this:
Dead Leaves
When I hear my name
I think I smell a rat
Hotel yorba
Apple blossom
Jolene
Jimmy the exploder
Ball and biscuit
Love sick
Death letter
Little bird
I'm finding it harder to be a gentleman
The big 3 killed my baby
Wasting my time
Baby blue
We are gonna be friends
Astro
Jack the ripper
I fought pirhanas
Lets build a home
youre pretty good lookin
Lord send me an angel

they played about six or seven more too, like "Party Of Special things to do" etc..

i think they make up the setlists as they go.
11-20-03 11:55 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy As in, "It's All Over Now, Baby Blue"?

Damn, I'd like to hear them play that.

-tSYX --- Look out, them saints are marchin' through...
11-21-03 12:21 AM
beer hello xyzzy, its the gene vincent "baby blue"

I would also like to acknowledge the fact that i have been gone here for 2 weeks and i just got back and hit 700 posts. i feel like a champion. i feel unstoppable. i dream of one day reaching the big leagues.
11-21-03 07:59 AM
Factory Girl Go beer!!

Thanks, Hooked. I'll look into that.
Page: 1 2