ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Brian's tree with thanks to Water Dragon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Beggars Banquet LP Return to archive
December 3rd, 2005 09:05 PM
The Volitan hey all. I was going through my dad's lp collection where we found a rare Beatles EP, Tattoo You, Emotional Rescue and Beggars Banquet. But BB had a different cover than any I've ever seen.

Anywho, I was just wondering it's value and all that jazz.
December 4th, 2005 12:52 AM
The Volitan so, no one knows?
December 4th, 2005 06:30 AM
chrisloc
quote:
The Volitan wrote:
so, no one knows?

that's the official cover released in 1968
December 4th, 2005 09:02 AM
Honky Tonk Man It isn't the original cover. The original is the graffiti one. It's just that Decca rejected it and made them use this dreadful plain white one instead. It's very unfortunate, especially considering that the Beatles released The White Album that year!

I'm not too sure when they started to press copies with the graffiti wall, so I don't know how many copies there are about of the white cover version.

I've seen copies in record shops going from £30-40.
December 4th, 2005 12:03 PM
lotsajizz LOL!!! MAN that you do not know that makes me feel OLD! That white cover was THE cover from '69 through the early 90's...it's what I grew up with! shit, I'm probably near your dad's age
December 4th, 2005 12:34 PM
The Volitan
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
It isn't the original cover. The original is the graffiti one. It's just that Decca rejected it and made them use this dreadful plain white one instead. It's very unfortunate, especially considering that the Beatles released The White Album that year!

I'm not too sure when they started to press copies with the graffiti wall, so I don't know how many copies there are about of the white cover version.

so that's like $20?
December 4th, 2005 03:21 PM
Steamboat Bill, Jr. I think the graffiti cover was used for the first time when ABKCO issued the "remasters" in 1986, but I don't know for sure.
December 4th, 2005 07:02 PM
CraigP Wow, I found this same LP of Beggars in my dad's collection. I have 100's of vinyls and I have a book that can tell you it's value... I tried to do you the favor and find my collector's price guide book but I'd need your particular copy's details.

For example, there are so many different pressings of every collectible vinyl out there that you must look it up in a book with all of the album's info on hand such as it's 'serial' numbers, vinyl color, label color, country/year printed, condition, whether it's a stereo or mono pressing, sealed, and so on...

Some copies will look identical to others but it's the fine details (like serial #'s) that only a book can estimate value-wise. I bet there is a whole page in a collector's price guide just on Beggars Banquet pressings alone...

Depending on what I mentioned in the 2nd paragraph it may be worth anywhere from 50 Cents to $1,000.

A few years ago while record hunting in a flea market I found 2 identical copies of the first Beatles album called "Meet the Beatles". In 1997, one copy was worth $300, the other: $1.00. (I paid a dollar for both )

Keep your worthy vinyls stored verticaly and get some clear plastic protective sleeves as to keep the cover in good cond.

Maybe a site on the internet can help you find the value.

Much love,
-Craig P

December 4th, 2005 07:05 PM
CraigP Wow, I found this same LP of Beggars in my dad's collection. I have 100's of vinyls and I have a book that can tell you it's value... I tried to do you the favor and find my collector's price guide book but I'd need your particular copy's details.

For example, there are so many different pressings of every collectible vinyl out there that you must look it up in a book with all of the album's info on hand such as it's 'serial' numbers, vinyl color, label color, country/year printed, condition, whether it's a stereo or mono pressing, sealed, and so on...

Some copies will look identical to others but it's the fine details (like serial #'s) that only a book can estimate value-wise. I'm sure there is a whole page in a legit collector's price guide just on values of various Beggars Banquet pressings alone...

Depending on what I mentioned in the 2nd paragraph it may be worth anywhere from 50 Cents to $1,000.

A few years ago while record hunting in a flea market I found 2 identical copies of the first Beatles album called "Meet the Beatles". In 1997, one copy was worth $300, the other: $1.00. (I paid a dollar for both )

Keep your worthy vinyls stored verticaly and get some clear plastic protective sleeves as to keep the cover in good cond.

Maybe a site on the internet can help you find the value.

Much love,
-Craig P

December 4th, 2005 08:14 PM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
It isn't the original cover. The original is the graffiti one. It's just that Decca rejected it and made them use this dreadful plain white one instead. It's very unfortunate, especially considering that the Beatles released The White Album that year!

the white cover IS technically the original cover as the graffitti one wasnt used

It wasnt until ABCKO released the CD in the late 80's that the graffitti cover was used for the first time

The number of vinyl copies pressed with the original cover would probably be a couple of million as it was used for at least 18 years!
[Edited by Gazza]
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)