ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Brian's tree with thanks to Water Dragon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Glitter's bandmates fear backlash Return to archive
December 2nd, 2005 08:30 AM
Ten Thousand Motels GLITTER'S BANDMATES FEAR BACKLASH

GARY GLITTER's former bandmates are concerned for their safety following the shamed rocker's recent arrest on child molestation charges in Vietnam.

Glitter, real name PAUL FRANCIS GADD, was charged with child molestation last Friday (25NOV05) after being arrested at the Vietnamese capital Ho Chi Minh's airport as he attempted to leave for Thailand.

Investigating police officers have identified six alleged victims in the case, the youngest is aged 11.

Back in Britain, THE GLITTER BAND, who still perform Glitter's hit songs, are concerned his arrest could affect their gig bookings and livelihood. This week, the Glitter Band's concert at Manchester's Civic Centre was cancelled.

Singer JOHN ROSSALL, 57, says, "They thought we knew what Glitter was doing. We were guilty by association.

"As far as we are concerned, Gary Glitter was just a character, an actor - it's Paul Gadd who has done these terrible things. When I think I shared a stage with that man it makes me sick to the stomach."

Rossall has not spoken to Glitter for 25 years.

contactmusic.com
02/12/2005 09:38

December 2nd, 2005 09:08 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Ive actually seen that band and they are a great laugh.

I always thought that Gary Glitter's music was quite good for a laugh. It always got people up at a party.

Shame he is a perv
December 2nd, 2005 10:58 AM
The Wick If they continue to call themselves the Glitter Band and they don't expect a backlash, well they deserve it for being such a bunch of thickies. They might as well call themselves the Child Molestors. Stupid fools. Hope they do the same sick things to that bastard Glitter that he did to those kids once Glitter is in jail.

Hope that cleared it up.
[Edited by The Wick]
December 2nd, 2005 11:10 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
The Wick wrote:
Hope they do the same sick things that bastard Glitter did to kids when he's in jail.

Eh?

Your HOPING they commit the same sick crimes as Glitter?
December 2nd, 2005 11:11 AM
The Wick On him.
December 2nd, 2005 11:12 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
The Wick wrote:
On him.

SORRY!!
December 2nd, 2005 02:56 PM
Rizollin Ah, that's funny stuff. I read it as meaning that too. I was briefly confused and thought I had gone to the wrong board. What was the name of that board I used to frequent? Ah yes, "Townshend's Super Fun Happy Adventure Playground Board."

Dammit Pete, I won't get "fooled" again!
December 2nd, 2005 03:31 PM
The Wick Bloody hell, not a good thing to be misunderstood about. I better change it then.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)