ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Brian's tree with thanks to Water Dragon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: HTM Is Mug Of The Century Return to archive
December 2nd, 2005 05:27 AM
Honky Tonk Man Well maybe not quite, I DID manage to get tickets!

However, after having the opportunity to purchase floor seats in section D3 (right by the b-stage!), I panicked and thought it may restrict my view of the main stage. So, the gambler in me reared its ugly head and I decided to try and get better seats. I thought it was still early, so I'd be able. Ha! No such luck. I was unable to get floor seats after that and had to settle for the Upper Tier. The two tickets still cost me £90 each and I just know I've got a bad deal in comparison to what should of been. Though you never know, I'm sure some tier seats are better than floor/field and AT LEAST I'm going to be there, so sod it!

Please my fellow Stones obsessive’s; give Honky Tonk Man some reassurance!
December 2nd, 2005 05:42 AM
Honky Tonk Man Jumacfly, you have the wrong end of the stick!

I COULD'VE got tickets near the b-stage, but ended up getting UPPER TIER seats instead! They're still the same price, but more than likely, not as good seats!

I'm absolutely over the moon that I'm going to be there, but one can't help kicking themselves, especially as I was in the driving seat and had full control over what I was doing!
December 2nd, 2005 05:48 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:
Jumacfly, you have the wrong end of the stick!

Sorry Alex, It s still the morning here and I m still in bed
now I completely understand but won t say you re the Mug of the day
December 2nd, 2005 05:57 AM
Honky Tonk Man Wish I were still in bed! Had to get up early to get bloody Stones tickets!

I'm calming down a bit now. While I realise what could've been, I'm just grateful that I have tickets.

It's not all bad anyway. I had upper tier for Twickenham on the Licks tour and It wasn't all that, but I had the same for Giants Stadium in New Jersey and it was absolutely fantastic.

It's all down to the Stones. If they put on great show, you'll have a blast no matter what you're view. I could be front row and they could be terrible. Now that'd be a waste of money in my opinion!
December 2nd, 2005 06:36 AM
Gazza Couldnt get the £60 tickets for Block A (were they ever available on public sale?) so I passed. Unfortunately, TM screwed things up on the presale and didnt fix the problem until the best seats had gone.

I;m not that bothered. I'll take my chances on getting a mid priced ticket nearer to showtime. I should have a decent shout at getting Block A tickets for the 2nd show anyway.
December 2nd, 2005 06:56 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:
Couldnt get the £60 tickets for Block A (were they ever available on public sale?) so I passed. Unfortunately, TM screwed things up on the presale and didnt fix the problem until the best seats had gone.

I;m not that bothered. I'll take my chances on getting a mid priced ticket nearer to showtime. I should have a decent shout at getting Block A tickets for the 2nd show anyway.

The thing is, my Upper Tier tickets ARE mid-price, so I'm a bit confused as to how decent they will be. If they're terrible, then I really think they need to seriously thing about how they price things up.

My money situation is absolutely dire compared to a couple of years ago, so at this moment in time, this could be my only show on the tour. However, the money situation should be somewhat better come show time, so I'll probably end up going to the second Wembley show too.

December 2nd, 2005 07:21 AM
BillyBoll I just blew A2 tickets for Don Valley at £60. I thought that they would be too far to the side to get a decent view of the stage and so got greedy and went for better. Unfortunately there werent any!

Still my mate got 4 in C3 for £90 so we will get a good view of the B stage.
[Edited by BillyBoll]
December 2nd, 2005 07:24 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
BillyBoll wrote:
I just blew A2 tickets for Don Valley at £60. I thought that they would be too far to the side to get a decent view of the stage and so got greedy and went for better. Unfortunately there werent any!
[Edited by BillyBoll]

So, I'm not alone!
December 2nd, 2005 07:27 AM
Gazza Glasgow was a complete con as well

I was in the second the tickets went on sale at noon and at no point did any of the £60 Block A tickets come up.

It really is sickening that they cant just tell you what the prices are for each block instead of this combination of a fucking guessing game and merry go round.

I cant believe that people were able to get £60 Block A pitch tickets for Wembley the other day with ease yet the shows outside London - which should be an easier ticket - have nothing in that price range available for that block. Tried Sheffield as well. There were some floor tickets at good prices but not as close as I wanted.

Gave up. Fuck them
December 2nd, 2005 07:28 AM
Gazza
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

So, I'm not alone!

Yes, you are. Because you bought them. He didnt
December 2nd, 2005 07:36 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I havent bought any tickets at all. I am hoping to bag a couple later on.

They always have them on ebay.
Stargreen tickets are rumoured to be holding a few back.
If push comes to shove, I will get one off a tout outside.
December 2nd, 2005 07:56 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Yes, you are. Because you bought them. He didnt

This is NO time for humour
December 2nd, 2005 08:02 AM
LadyJane And so it continues.......the ticket sale fiasco!!!

We dealt with the same frustrations here. Disgusting.

Good luck!!!

For me....the shows were well worth the aggravation of getting the tickets.

LJ.
December 2nd, 2005 08:03 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Honky Tonk Man wrote:

This is NO time for humour

Alex you got your tix. just relax!!
December 2nd, 2005 10:47 AM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

Alex you got your tix. just relax!!

I'm more relaxed now. After all, I'll have a great view of the audience!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)