ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Brian's tree with thanks to Water Dragon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: ANYBODY THINK THEY WILL MIX IT UP WHEN BACK OR RAOD IN JAN.... Return to archive
December 2nd, 2005 04:27 AM
RollingstonesUSA What do u think?
December 2nd, 2005 06:42 AM
Gazza Nope. Forget it

When they take a few weeks off, they rest

And if they havent "mixed" things up by now, they wont suddenly change their habits as some kind of new years resolution
December 2nd, 2005 08:46 AM
time is on my side No, my guess is you'll get the same basic setlist every night with a few surprises thrown in every now and then.
December 2nd, 2005 08:53 AM
Jumacfly OLD HABITS DIE HARD
December 2nd, 2005 04:12 PM
Saint Sway well they've got a few small gigs before their MSG show on New Years and then they take off for Europe gigs after that. Of course, they'll continue to completely mix up the set lists every night and I fully expect them to continue debuting 1st time played tunes every night and dusting off old unreleased songs. In fact, I think the Europe shows in early 06 are going to be mind blowing. Sheppards Bush and Paradisio gigs should be amazing.
December 2nd, 2005 04:16 PM
Saint Sway oh wait... you meant the Stones...

oh, then no.

sorry, I was stoked thinking about another bands upcoming shows.

but, hey, maybe the Stones will mix it up by dwiddling the set list down to 18 or 19 songs.
December 2nd, 2005 04:33 PM
glencar Lord, I sure hope they add a few new tunes. And no less than 20. It's getting ri-goddam-diculous what they're doing.
December 2nd, 2005 04:34 PM
glencar That said, they're still miles more interesting than those Crows, Black or Shryl...
December 2nd, 2005 04:34 PM
wisertime
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
oh wait... you meant the Stones...

oh, then no.

sorry, I was stoked thinking about another bands upcoming shows.

but, hey, maybe the Stones will mix it up by dwiddling the set list down to 18 or 19 songs.

LOL !!!!!!
December 2nd, 2005 04:51 PM
wisertime
quote:
glencar wrote:
That said, they're still miles more interesting than those Crows, Black or Shryl...

It depends for who. Not for me, sorry.
December 2nd, 2005 04:53 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
glencar wrote:
That said, they're still miles more interesting than those Crows, Black or Shryl...

...or Counting
December 2nd, 2005 05:12 PM
Saint Sway Start Me Up, IORR, YGMR, Tumbling Dice, Miss You, HTW, Brown Sugar, JJFlash, YCAGWYW, Satisfaction, Sympathy....

how interesting

even Russell Crowe doesnt play the same old songs every night
December 2nd, 2005 05:24 PM
pdog They'll go back to a 21 song setlist...
December 2nd, 2005 05:27 PM
GimmeExile Which would you prefer:

Sleeping with a hot chick who wears the same lingerie every night.

or

Sleeping with an average chick who switches lingerie every night.
December 2nd, 2005 05:31 PM
wisertime
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Which would you prefer:

or

The problem is that the hot chick is not so hot anymore ...
December 2nd, 2005 05:35 PM
Honky Tonk Man
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Which would you prefer:

or

The latter. Good sex is good sex no matter how they look and hygiene is everything.
December 2nd, 2005 05:49 PM
Joey
quote:
Gazza wrote:

And if they havent "mixed" things up by now, they wont suddenly change their habits as some kind of new years resolution

Gazza ...............

Whatever happened to " Postive Thoughts " ?!?!

Tonight , I'm telling Shannon & Megan about what you said ...

See ya at 9:00 PM CDT Sharp !!! ( The weather is absolutely freezing outside ) ... brr .................

Developing .....................

December 2nd, 2005 05:50 PM
Saint Sway
quote:
GimmeExile wrote:
Which would you prefer:

or

Problem with hot chicks is that they're high maintanence, cost a fortune and are usually lame in bed. Plus, they expect you to worship them.

average looking chicks work harder. So I'll take the avg chick that wants to spice things up every night. They're more fun.

excellent analogy, btw.
December 2nd, 2005 05:56 PM
Joey
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:

Problem with hot chicks is that they're high maintanence, cost a fortune and are usually lame in bed. Plus, they expect you to worship them.

Post of the millennium !!!!!!

December 2nd, 2005 06:16 PM
Dan
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
Start Me Up, IORR, YGMR, Tumbling Dice, Miss You, HTW, Brown Sugar, JJFlash, YCAGWYW, Satisfaction, Sympathy....

how interesting

Yeah some of the most popular and enduring songs of all time. The songs that sell tickets, the songs that made them a household name, the songs that made them the greatest rock n roll band in the world. At least they breathed new life into these songs adding an element that was often lacking on previous tours. My advice to anyone who doesn't like these songs or doesn't like hearing them in concert anymore is DONT GO and leave the seat for someone who wants to be there and is excited to hear those songs, whether its for the first time or the 100th time.

quote:

even Russell Crowe doesnt play the same old songs every night

Who the hell is that? Guess he is hoping something will stick.
December 2nd, 2005 06:31 PM
Soldatti They will change a few things in time for the European tour, but the US/South American tour will be the same, maybe 1-2 surprises but I don't expect nothing.
December 2nd, 2005 11:07 PM
Paranoid_Android Uh...yeah...ok...they will just play whatever someone calls out...maybe even open up w/ Start Me Up...

okay...they might substitute 3 songs...afterall...jagger says they start out w/ about 100 songs at the start of rehersals...and hope to end up w/ about 80...in case "someone call one out"...

and don't forget...the Stones fan club even solicited everyones "dream setlist" stating that perhaps they will play yours on the night you see them...well that winner must be at EVERY show this tour...

These shows could have been mailed in...the Stones have become their own best cover band..."we will dig deep into the catalogue...dust off a few songs we haven't played in a while..." never realized their definition of a "while" was 3 years...

BTW...I love the Stones...seen them every tour since 78 (Capital Theater, Passaic, NJ)...saw them twice on this tour...had a blast...but the vodka and free tickets helped ALOT!!!

[Edited by Paranoid_Android]
December 3rd, 2005 04:52 PM
Joey " ... but the vodka and free tickets helped ALOT!!! "

Cute ...... but it is STILL the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll show on the planet .

Snazzy
December 3rd, 2005 05:06 PM
sirmoonie
quote:
Joey wrote:
" ... but the vodka and free tickets helped ALOT!!! "

Cute ...... but it is STILL the Greatest Rock 'n' Roll show on the planet .

Snazzy

Heapo smacko.
December 4th, 2005 09:31 AM
deuce Joey?

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)