ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Brian's tree with thanks to Water Dragon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Chris Robinson doing Gimme Shelter Return to archive
December 1st, 2005 11:28 AM
Saint Sway he's doing a brief tour with Phil Lesh & Friends. They covered Gimme Shelter!!!

glad to hear its finally getting played this year!
December 1st, 2005 11:30 AM
GimmeExile Cool! Maybe the Stones will reciprocate and play "My Morning Song" in Houston tonight.
December 1st, 2005 11:38 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well it's got to be better than Phyliss Diller's cover of Satisfaction.

[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]
December 1st, 2005 11:55 AM
ResidentMule cool, sway I wanna hear that

almomst makes me wanna see Phil & Friends when they come around here, but it wouldn't save me any cash from going to see the Crowes on NYE, and that's an obvious choice for me. I try to catch the Crowes on every pass of my area

I haven't gotten that show yet. my campus mailroom kinda sucks but you sure you sent to the right address & everything? I'll keep an eye out. but anyway thanks, i appreciate it
December 1st, 2005 12:04 PM
Saint Sway dude, they played NJ last week.

pm me in a day or two if the discs dont show and I'll send out another batch.

I'm getting the entire run of the Fillmore shows this weekend btw. Let me know if theres any of those you need.
December 1st, 2005 12:10 PM
GimmeExile
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
I'm getting the entire run of the Fillmore shows this weekend btw. Let me know if theres any of those you need.

Are you getting 8/6? That was the show where they rescinded their open taping policy because of the filming of the show. That's the only Fillmore show I don't have...Or are you referring to the Instant Live soundboards?
December 1st, 2005 12:13 PM
ResidentMule I thought they were doing AC on the Dec 8-10

I'll definitly make totally sure nothing's shown up before I send you through any trouble. just giving an update. no rush or anything. but if it does come to that make sure I give you my home address (not school) because Winter break is fast approaching and the campus mailroom sucks anyway

I've got 3 of the 5 Fillmore shows (the ones from August, right?) they were great. does that include the one filmed for the DVD?
December 1st, 2005 01:08 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
Well it's got to be better than Phyliss Diller's cover of Satisfaction..
[Edited by Ten Thousand Motels]

"Your material is now dryer than Phyllis Diller's cunt" - Maxlugar (October, 2005) referring to Joey.

Bloody funny stuff.
December 1st, 2005 01:09 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Saint Sway wrote:
he's doing a brief tour with Phil Lesh & Friends. They covered Gimme Shelter!!!

glad to hear its finally getting played this year!

Do you think it's possible to find a copy of this?

TIA
December 1st, 2005 01:19 PM
Maxlugar I took one look at The Black Crows in the early 90's and my nuts headed north for 16 weeks.

Sickening band.

December 1st, 2005 01:30 PM
J.J.Flash
quote:
Maxlugar wrote:
I took one look at The Black Crows in the early 90's and my nuts headed north for 16 weeks.

Sickening band.

There's some good posting in it. All.....

H A I L !
December 1st, 2005 02:29 PM
Saint Sway they also covered "BROWN SUGAR" the other night!!!! Great song for Robinson to belt out his southern soul on.

Phil's band looks pretty top notch. In addition to Chris Robinson on vocals, they've added Larry Campbell on guitar. He's excellent. Very versatile rock guitarist. Some of you may be familiar with him because he has toured for years with Dylans band.

of course, they've been doing tons of cool Dead shit, they've also been sprinkling in Dylan, Gram Parsons and other cool covers.

regarding tapes...
the batch of Fillmore I'm getting is from the Instant Lives. So no 8/6. But the dvd will be out early 06. Should be cool.

and all the Phil & Friends shows are always readily available amongst traders in the taping community. Usually easy to find whatever you're looking for.
December 1st, 2005 02:50 PM
wisertime Yeah, I miss Larry Campbell in Dylan's band. Listened to the Phil Lesh & friends version of "Senor" and it's great.
So BC Fillmore DVD will be out beginning of 2006?! Great news !! Can't wait !! Just received my instant live discs of the Philadelphia shows 29-30 september, awesome shows.
December 1st, 2005 10:32 PM
full moon CroWEs 4 Life.......
December 1st, 2005 11:30 PM
mac_daddy recordings of those paf gigs should be up on the the LlaMA any minute now...

December 2nd, 2005 03:07 AM
Angiegirl I'm seeing the Crowes March 2006 at the Paradiso in Amsterdam (you know, that club the Stones played in May 1995). I'll let you guys know if SaintSway is right about them these days (it's been quite a few years since I last saw them play live).
December 2nd, 2005 08:36 AM
gimmekeef [quote]mac_daddy wrote:
recordings of those paf gigs should be up on the the LlaMA any minute now...

Mac...what is the LlaMA and how do I access that?..Thanks so much in advance...!
December 2nd, 2005 08:39 AM
mac_daddy LlaMA = live music archive
December 2nd, 2005 10:55 AM
Saint Sway I heard a few minutes of Chris & Phil & Friends doing "Gimme Shelter" last night. It sounded absolutely killer! I didnt think they could pull it off, but I was impressed with what I heard. They slipped in some Crowes stuff too.

quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
I'm seeing the Crowes March 2006 at the Paradiso in Amsterdam (you know, that club the Stones played in May 1995). I'll let you guys know if SaintSway is right about them these days (it's been quite a few years since I last saw them play live).

the Paradisio shows are gonna be killer 3 hour/2 set EVENTS!!

and I will be there!!

They are playing at their best right now. The shows are mind blowing. Best they've sounded in years. Perhaps ever.
December 2nd, 2005 05:49 PM
crb69 The Crowes' Fillmore shows are supposed to be culled together for a DVD release...excellent band; we need more R&R bands in the world today like the Stones & the Crowes. Too much "polished crap" out there today.

Let it Bleed! That is the Southern Harmony and Musical Companions in you all!!!!!!!
December 3rd, 2005 02:39 PM
Left Shoe Shuffle SBD of the 11.22 NJPAC show where Phil & Friends played Gimme Shelter is available for free DL @ www.phillesh.net
December 3rd, 2005 07:26 PM
mac_daddy there goes phil - trying to show the public it wasnt his idea to yank the gd sources from the LlaMA...

grab it - i am sure it sounds sweet...
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)