ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Brian's tree with thanks to Water Dragon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŅOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: at least the stones have never OK'd a project like this... Return to archive
November 30th, 2005 08:38 AM
mac_daddy

what a bad idea!

she did one with billy joel tunes (moving out) and that looked like it couldnt suck more, but that was billy joel, and his music sucks almost as much as the eagles, so i didnt realy give a sh*t...

but come on, bobby dylan! why would you greenlight a project like this..?

yuk!
November 30th, 2005 08:39 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Its only a matter of time my friend
November 30th, 2005 08:44 AM
Nellcote C'mon MacD, Bobby is no fool.
Someone flashed major bling in front of those Hibbing eyes..
He's feeling the critic's love right now.
It's a long way from playing the streets of Soho...
What did he sing in some movie, Things Have Changed?
He's not Neil Young, you know.
This Note's For You-Not Sponsored By Anyone!
[Edited by Nellcote]
November 30th, 2005 09:17 AM
Jumacfly I bet on a musical comedy about the Stones in a few years where the Black Eyed Peas will probably perform "Exile on main street" with the Philarmonic Orchestra of Hawaii featuring Matt Clifford.
November 30th, 2005 09:45 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I anticipate a Stones musical based on the up and downs of the relationship of Mick and Keith. Set to reworks of the whole Dirty Work album.

Wicked
November 30th, 2005 09:47 AM
Gazza I've no idea who this person is, but in terms of coolness and credibility, allowing your songs to appear in some musical is akin to licensing them for the next Tarantino meisterwork when compared to having them used as a recurring theme in Days of Our Fucking Lives....
November 30th, 2005 09:49 AM
Voodoo Scrounge I want to hear far more stones songs in Neighbours.

Especially in the Cafeteria at Lacettas scenes.
November 30th, 2005 09:49 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I bet on a musical comedy about the Stones in a few years where the Black Eyed Peas will probably perform "Exile on main street" with the Philarmonic Orchestra of Hawaii featuring Matt Clifford.

Elton John will doubtless appear in a cameo role as "Short Fat Fanny" during the performance of "Rip This Joint"
November 30th, 2005 09:50 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Johnny Depp will be touted to play Keith
November 30th, 2005 09:52 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Maybe Freddie Starr could play Mick.

He does a good impression.

If those two were to get the roles. One hit to the body would be a scene to remember.
November 30th, 2005 09:54 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Elton John will doubtless appear in a cameo role as "Short Fat Fanny" during the performance of "Rip This Joint"

LOL Gazza...I was just thinking about the Butter Queen
November 30th, 2005 10:01 AM
BILL PERKS DIRTY WORK THE MOVIE..A GREAT IDEA
November 30th, 2005 10:03 AM
Voodoo Scrounge With a huge 15 minute song and dance scene for Harlem Shuffle
November 30th, 2005 10:07 AM
Jumacfly
quote:
Voodoo Scrounge wrote:
With a huge 15 minute song and dance scene for Harlem Shuffle

and fireworks during Winning Ugly !!
November 30th, 2005 10:09 AM
Voodoo Scrounge Jimmy Page could cameo in the One Hit To The Body scene.

Breaking up the Jagger/Richards fight
November 30th, 2005 10:57 AM
Gazza
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:

LOL Gazza...I was just thinking about the Butter Queen

so was I

I nominate Maria Schneider to reprise her role in "Last Tango in Paris"

yum!!
[Edited by Gazza]
November 30th, 2005 11:49 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Jumacfly wrote:
I bet on a musical comedy about the Stones in a few years where the Black Eyed Peas will probably perform "Exile on main street" with the Philarmonic Orchestra of Hawaii featuring Matt Clifford.

You mean, once the Stones are dead and buried...
November 30th, 2005 01:17 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
I've no idea who this person is, but in terms of coolness and credibility, allowing your songs to appear in some musical is akin to licensing them for the next Tarantino meisterwork when compared to having them used as a recurring theme in Days of Our Fucking Lives....

lol....
yep.
December 1st, 2005 01:31 AM
glencar Actually Twyla Tharp is a highly respected choreographer. The Billy Joe thing initially had poor reviews but then garnered some plaudits as time went on. I haven't seen it myself as I can't take that man's music but if YOU want to, it's closing this month so you should hurry.
December 1st, 2005 01:39 AM
Zack Voodoo Scrounge, get rid of that fucking finger, please. It's the most disgusting thing I have ever seen. Once is enough. Joke's over.
December 1st, 2005 02:49 AM
Brainbell Jangler quote:

"Dirty Reworks"?
December 1st, 2005 09:32 AM
stones2002 This is like the show of Lennon. Which I saw on Broadway this summer. I thought it was a great show! I had the time of my life in the summer in NYC. But the Lennon show was good. It was the story of his life. But the twist was everyone of the cast played John (Girls and Guys). So it took awhile to get use to it. But once you got use to it. The play worked. (I got front row) so I had a good seat. I was not really into going to see this show but how the write up was it did sound good. And I saw it before the public saw it....before it closed down. I never did really listen to his music (i am 24) and now I understand it and like it...... When I went to see U2 last week at MSG (my first u2 show) which was awsome. They did an Encore of Instand Karma. So That to me was a nice tribute to the summer.
December 1st, 2005 05:59 PM
glencar Wow, that Lennon show was supposed to be just awful. Lucky you survived it!
December 1st, 2005 09:10 PM
stonedinaustralia i stand to be corrected but my understanding of copyright law is that bob's "permission" is not needed

provided he is given due credit and remunerated accordingly (that royalties are paid to bob's publisher and/or the songwiters association ASCAP??) he can't do much about it unless the performance was in some way "defamatory" (which it sounds like it might be)

for example if an artist wishes to cover another's songs either on record or in live performance the composer of the tunes can do little about it provided they get the credit and the royalties due

[Edited by stonedinaustralia]
December 2nd, 2005 05:53 PM
poor immigrant The Rolling Stones have joined forces once again with the soap opera Days Of Our Lives. Their single "Streets Of Love" aired on the show in October, and now the band will appear this month. Four of the main characters on the daytime drama went to a Stones concert on November 4th in Anaheim, California, and the on-stage video screen showed the actors in the audience while the band played. Footage from the trip will air December 16th, 19th, and 20th.
The next stop for the Rolling Stones on their A Bigger Bang tour is tomorrow (Saturday, December 3rd) at FedExForum in Memphis, Tennessee
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)