ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Brian's tree with thanks to Water Dragon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: American Airlines Center, Dallas, TX - Nov. 29th - Setlist, Photos & Reviews Return to archive
November 29th, 2005 11:05 PM
parmeda Thanks to our friends at Shidoobee for keeping the porch light on tonight!

1. Start Me Up - 9:16 PM
2. YGMR
3. Shattered - now we're talking!!!
4. Tumbling Dice
5. ONNYA
6. Rain Fall Down
7. Wild Horses
8. Midnight Rambler!!!!
9. Night Time
Intro's I'm thinking...
10. Slipping Away
11. Infamy
12. Miss You
13. Rough Justice
14. Get Off My Cloud (I think)
15. HTW
16. Sympathy
17. Brown Sugar
18. JJF
19. YCAGWYW
21. Satisfaction ??? for now, I didn't get a texy for #20

There seems to be some confusion between JoeChavez to Thru and thru on the last two songs...hmmm

[Edited by parmeda]
November 30th, 2005 12:26 AM
parmeda ...in any case, our thanks to JoeChavez & Thru and Thru from Shidoobee.

You guys can sort this out in the morning, lol
November 30th, 2005 03:09 AM
Stonesfan77 i was there and i can confirm there were only 20 songs played satisfaction was the last. oh and get off of my cloud is correct too.
[Edited by Stonesfan77]
November 30th, 2005 06:37 AM
Gazza
quote:
parmeda wrote:

You guys can sort this out in the morning, lol

LMAO...thanks Pam

confirmed setlist was indeed as follows (per IORR) :
Start Me Up
You Got Me Rocking
Shattered
Tumbling Dice
Oh No Not You Again
Rain Fall Down
Wild Horses
Midnight Rambler
Night Time Is The Right Time
--- Introductions
Slipping Away (Keith)
Infamy (Keith)
Miss You (to B-stage)
Rough Justice
Get Off Of My Cloud
Honky Tonk Women (to main stage)
Sympathy For The Devil
Brown Sugar
Jumping Jack Flash
You Can't Always Get What You Want (encore)
Satisfaction (encore)

Delbert McClinton was the opening act, replacing Merle Haggard who was ill.
November 30th, 2005 01:51 PM
iluvmickjagger07 OMG
i was there and it was unbelievably amazing!
everything was completely flawless.
i still cant believe i saw the stones. i was in complete shock to see mick jagger.
cant wait till houston!!
i love mick even more now!!
he had so much energy last night.
thank you mick,keith,charlie, and ronnie!!
u guys rock!!!!
December 1st, 2005 12:28 PM
Gazza

Stones roll on
By Austin Powell

Wearing his second jacket of the evening, jet black over a maroon button-down shirt, and with a lit cigarette dangling from his lips, legendary guitarist Keith Richards took center stage at the American Airlines Center in Dallas midway through the Rolling Stones' performance.

"This one is called 'Infamy,'" Richards said dully. "It's off that new thing ... 'A Bigger Bang.'"

The Stones' 25th record, which was released in September, debuted at No. 2 in the U.K. After just one week, the album disappeared from the top ten.

The Rolling Stones do not need a new album to tour behind to sell out arenas. Since their last release, "Bridges to Babylon" in 1997, which failed to make its way into Tuesday night's set list, the Stones have been on the road consistently through the release of their 2002 career-spanning compilation "Forty Licks" and 2004's "Live Licks."

"A Bigger Bang" is not just another album attempting to rehash their '60s rock roots and it should be remembered for more than just a few years. It may very well be the best record the group has released in at least 20.

"Oh No, Not You Again," one of the more guitar-heavy, rollicking tracks on the album, and "Rain Fall Down," a groovy throwback track with disco flair, sounded like the latest installments in a greatest-hits compilation next to classics like the opening number "Start Me Up" and "Tumbling Dice."

"Rough Justice," their current single and only other album track performed that evening, sounded fierce and raw, like music for a 21st-century street-fighting man.

But in all honesty, it didn't matter. The night was not about judging whether or not the Stones could still create great music, but simply experiencing a part of rock 'n' roll history.

Larger than life, the Rolling Stones bellowed through their best upon an enormous, bare stage. Mick Jagger strutted down the built-in catwalk, proudly shook his hips with his legendary androgyny and belted out "Wild Horses" and a much appreciated, soulful rendition of Ray Charles' "Night Time Is The Right Time," backed by a four-piece brass outfit.

As if raising the rock gods toward the heavens, the stage levitated at the end of the night and drove itself to the other end of the arena. Up close and personal, the Stones delivered their most engaging songs of the evening with the whooping "Miss You" and "Get Off of My Cloud," retreating back with "Honky Tonk Woman."

Immersed in sinister red lighting, the Stones gave their "Sympathy for the Devil" and swooned the crowd with "You Can't Always Get What You Want."

Confetti poured over the audience and the Rolling Stones went out with a bang as the night came to a close with "Satisfaction." Was it a bigger bang than what's come to be expected of the legends? Probably not, but the audience most certainly got licked.

December 1st, 2005 12:33 PM
Gazza HAGGARD BAFFLES FANS WITH STONES NO-SHOW

Mystery surrounds country star MERLE HAGGARD's last-minute decision not to open up for the ROLLING STONES in Dallas, Texas last night (29NOV05).

The rugged singer pulled out of the show earlier in the day, prompting promoters to call on DELBERT McCLINTON to take his place.

Haggard's handlers are still scratching their heads about his decision, insisting there seems to be nothing wrong with the singer/songwriter's health - the usual reason given for late concert cancellations.

30/11/2005 21:14

www.contactmusic.com
December 1st, 2005 12:36 PM
Gazza

STAR-TELEGRAM/JILL JOHNSON
The Rolling Stones' Mick Jagger lets it loose at American Airlines Center on Tuesday.

'CLOUD' NINE

With a loose, fast, powerful set that includes surprises, Rolling Stones show that age hasn't slowed them down

By ROBERT PHILPOT

Star-Telegram staff writer

DALLAS -- Prancing, preening, strutting, pouting, Mick Jagger burst onto the American Airlines Center stage Tuesday night and for the next two hours held 20,000 people in the palm of his bony hand.

Say what you want about the Rolling Stones being too old to rock 'n' roll, but if you've dismissed these blokes, you've done it prematurely.

This was loud, loose, fast, sloppy stuff, with the band's scruffiness and Jagger's intonations and insinuations ensuring that even war horses such as Brown Sugar sounded fresh as Jagger incited the audience to a chorus of "Yeah, yeah, yeah, woos!"

Often, when rock acts do the sing-along-with-me bit, it comes off as pandering, but Jagger just seemed to be caught up in the moment, as did the band's staggering, grinning, swooping guitarists, Keith Richards and Ron Wood. Drummer Charlie Watts played the eye-of-the-storm role as always, keeping everything from disintegrating.

Jagger got going early, with a hurricane of harp blows on a typically epic Midnight Rambler, amped with adrenalin as the song shifted gears through myriad tempo changes.

That song has always been one of the creepiest of the many creepy things in the Stones' canon, and it was a little bizarre to see guys singing to their dates what I've always interpreted as a rape fantasy. But then, this is a band about the dark side, and one that can still get an audience to whoop through the equally creepy Sympathy for the Devil.

The only lull came during Richards' two vocal numbers, Slippin' Away and the new Infamy. Although Richards sang them as well as his ravaged voice allowed, the songs seemed to be there to allow Jagger a break and some crowd members a chance to get more beer. But the moment Jagger was on stage, things charged up again, as he performed one of his best vocals of the night on Miss You, and a section of the stage parted, complete with all the core band, and moved to the center of the arena for the guys to play stuff like Get Off My Cloud in the round.

The set list contained few surprises, although a Ray Charles tribute -- Jagger and backup singer Lisa Fisher doing a duet on Night Time is the Right Time -- was a good touch. And the band performed several songs from its latest album, A Bigger Bang, the highlight arguably being Rain Fell Down, featuring a thumping solo from bassist Daryl Jones. A four-piece horn section added punch to many other numbers.

If the songs were a little predictable -- you know they're going to do Satisfaction and Start Me Up -- the execution wasn't. Jagger played to every member of the crowd that he could reach, the band took no prisoners, and the Stones gave every indication that they could still be doing shows like this in 2015.

Fort Worth's Delbert McClinton, subbing for ill opener Merle Haggard, laid out a confident 45-minute opening set. McClinton's voice was as rich as it's ever been, and he sang to an arena that was more than half-empty as if he were singing to a full house. Not bad for a last-minute turn by a homeboy.

GRADE: A

December 1st, 2005 12:38 PM
Gazza

STAR-TELEGRAM/JILL JOHNSON
December 1st, 2005 02:30 PM
moy http://www.guidelive.com/sharedcontent/dws/ent/stories/113005dnglstones.e12f791.html#

Pop review: All eyes were on Mick

Stones' frontman makes up for shaky sounds

01:07 PM CST on Wednesday, November 30, 2005

By THOR CHRISTENSEN / The Dallas Morning News

If you hit 62 and have one-tenth the energy Mick Jagger has, consider yourself very lucky. Tuesday night at American Airlines Center, the whirling, twirling Sir Mick put to shame the lip-syncing Britneys of the world who can't sing and dance at the same time.

Mr. Jagger was a two-hour-long whirlwhind – sashaying, spaz-dancing, bum-wiggling and flapping his arms as if he was going lift off. He was like a rooster on a meth binge – and you couldn't take your eyes off him.
Also Online

What did you think of the show?

Mick Jagger desktop wallpaper

Photos

The Mick Jagger Show more than made up for some haphazard guitar spots from Ron Wood and Keith Richards. Granted, much of the Stones' charm lies in Ronnie and Keef's rough edges – their ability to sound tight without sounding slick.

Yet their playing got so ramshackle that "Wild Horses" and "Brown Sugar" sounded like the first day of rehearsals. Mr. Richards – sporting his usual death-warmed-over look – also reminded us during "Slipping Away" he's not much of a ballad singer.

Quibbles aside, there was no shortage of brilliant moments – like the hellfire 10-minute version of "Midnight Rambler," the gospel-fied ending of "You Can't Always Get What You Want" and Mr. Jagger's unhinged duet with singer Lisa Fisher on Ray Charles' "Night Time is the Right Time." Charlie Watts was a show in himself, a lesson in how to be rock's best drummer without ever drawing attention to yourself.

Performing their first North Texas show in eight years, the Stones continued their trend of a playing some songs at the back of the arena. As they thumped and bumped through "Miss You," they floated across the main floor like they were on a slow-moving flatbed truck. After the mini-stage stopped moving, they broke into "Rough Justice," a wicked new blues rocker worthy of Exile on Main Street. Equally impressive was "Rain Fall Down," a haunting jangle-funk strut from A Bigger Bang.

They skipped "Sweet Neo Con," a jab at George W. Bush. But the Prez came up when Mr. Jagger proclaimed Dallas "the home of the Mavericks! The home of the Cowboys! And the home of George Bush!" – which drew a hearty round of boos. But as Mr. Jagger put it, two out of three ain't bad.

E-mail [email protected]
[Edited by moy]
December 1st, 2005 02:33 PM
moy some pix here http://www.guidelive.com/sharedcontent/dws/pt/slideshows/2005/11/rolling_stones/
December 1st, 2005 06:14 PM
glencar 20 songs is it these days? That sucks!
December 1st, 2005 06:38 PM
Dan
quote:
glencar wrote:
20 songs is it these days? That sucks!

C'mon you didn't think 21 a night would last forever?
December 2nd, 2005 04:57 PM
kath i can't imagine seeing delbert mcclinton and the stones at the same time. to me that is rock n roll heaven. delbert is amazing!! what a night that must have been!!
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)