ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
A Bigger Bang Tour 2005 - 2006
Thanks Gypsy!!
Brian's tree with thanks to Water Dragon
[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2005 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [ GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: "Yoko Banned Lennon From Seeing Me" - Mick Jagger Return to archive Page: 1 2
November 28th, 2005 11:14 AM
Gazza Mick Jagger: Yoko Ono Banned John Lennon From Seeing Me
He was a bad influence...

By: Daniel Melia on Nov 28, 2005

Mick Jagger has said he is convinced that Yoko Ono stopped the late John Lennon from seeing him because she saw him as bad influence.

The Rolling Stones front man says that during Lennon’s 18 month split form Ono in the early seventies he and the Beatles man enjoyed a party lifestyle together but it all changed when the couple were reunited and he never saw Lennon again.

Jagger said: , "John and I had some funny times. We got really drunk and we went out on sailboats and we just sat around with guitars and played.”

"When he went back with Yoko, I was probably considered one of the 'bad influences', so I was never allowed to see him after that."

www.entertainmentwise.com
[Edited by Gazza]
November 28th, 2005 11:31 AM
Ten Thousand Motels Well.....he probably WAS a "bad influence"..., I suppose Mick has been a bad influence on alot of people...after all..........
"This is the guy who has inspired God knows how many American criminals, those tattooed, toothless types you see lurking around places you want to just keep driving through. They all sit around saying, "Well, hell, if it's ok by Mick, I guess it's ok by me. I'll just go beat somebody's head in with a pool cue."
November 28th, 2005 11:33 AM
Gazza The more I read that quote, the more I think it may have originated from Yoko Ono...
November 28th, 2005 12:45 PM
gimmekeef Yoko Ono = Worlds Biggest Twat....and thats not in my humble opinion....
November 28th, 2005 01:01 PM
texile
quote:
Gazza wrote:
The more I read that quote, the more I think it may have originated from Yoko Ono...

wouldn't put it past her -
i loved her "apology" to macca after that slag at the mojo awards....in rolling stone mag (her syncophant asskisser jann wenner has given her too much mileage since he became her best pal)
'i never meant to insult paul...blah, blah, blah...'
November 28th, 2005 01:23 PM
time is on my side For better or worse, Yoko was Lennon's choice. He made his own bed and he seemed happy with it. It's clear, from all accounts I've read, that Yoko completely dominated his life in virtually all aspects during his final years. One wonders whether or not he even had to have permission from her to leave his own home. It's clear she chose his friends for him. It sounds like Yoko was more than just a lover but had become some sort of domineering mother image in the end.

To some to be completely dominated like that would be a nightmare to others it's a pyschological need & turn on.
[Edited by time is on my side]
November 28th, 2005 01:52 PM
nankerphelge That is so surprising -- she seems so hands off:

Yoko Changes Lennon Album

For a genius, Yoko Ono doesn’t seem very smart.

The anniversary edition of John Lennon’s hit 1974 album, "Walls and Bridges," has just come out — but with a lot of changes.

The principal difference is a new cover: Ono has tossed aside the original — a drawing by Lennon from when he was 11 years old — and replaced it with a Bob Gruen photograph of Lennon wearing four pairs of sunglasses that used to be in the album’s liner notes.

Of course, a Gruen photograph is always a good thing. His new coffee table book, “John Lennon: The New York Years,” is a must-have for any Beatle fan (it’s certainly more important than the recent bio that was published and is said to be full of inaccuracies).

But it was Lennon who selected his childhood drawing for that cover. How, one wonders, could Ono have conceived of making such a change?

There are plenty of other “updates” on the newly remastered “Walls and Bridges." Fans have noticed that Ono lists herself as “producer” of the reissue album, her name in all capital letters. The original credits read: “Produced and Arranged by John Lennon With the Plastic Ono Nuclear Band/Little Big Horns and the Philharmanic Orchestrange.”

Ono also has replaced the Apple Records label on the original disc with a version of a customized label used on the 1972 album "Sometime in New York City." That label, now adorning "Walls and Bridges," has two pictures of Lennon, two of Ono and one of them superimposed over each other in between the pairs to make one person.

“The difference,” one fan writes, “is that when they used this on 'Sometime in New York City,' John morphed into Yoko. Now Yoko becomes John!”

Insiders have pointed out the ridiculousness of all this Ono-izing of "Walls and Bridges" since Lennon wasn’t living with Ono when he made the album. He was with his girlfriend, May Pang, a fact that is thoroughly documented.

Fans have also noticed an audio change, as well. At the tail end of “Surprise, Surprise (Sweet Bird of Paradox),” a rocking shuffle Lennon wrote for Pang, there’s a new little bit of singing as the song trails off.

It sounds like Lennon, or maybe Ono herself, is chanting “Yo-ko” very softly in a falsetto after repeating the chorus, “I love, love her.” Now it seems like it’s Ono and not Pang he loves, which was not the case at that time. Shades of the old days when the Beatles added hidden words to their songs.

Of course, the main reason for Ono’s march to revisionist history is the upcoming Dec. 8-9 25th anniversary of Lennon’s murder. First came the ill-fated Broadway musical, which closed after a short run. Now the album has been altered.

"Walls and Bridges" was Lennon’s best-selling solo record released while he was alive. It contained two top-10 hits, “Whatever Gets You Thru the Night” and “No. 9 Dream.” Ironically, the latter features whispered vocals by Pang, something Ono could not tamper with unless she wanted a huge uproar. “No. 9 Dream” is one of Lennon’s most played songs to this day.

Nevertheless, "Walls and Bridges" remains an unusual and often extraordinary collection of songs that has been eclipsed over the years by “Imagine” and “Double Fantasy.”

Lennon experiments with Philly soul (“Bless You”), gives a nod to the two big stars of the day — Stevie Wonder (“What You Got”) and Elton John (“Old Dirt Road”) — and takes yet another nasty swipe at former pal Paul McCartney (“Steel and Glass”).

As for Ono, an article in yesterday’s Japan Times doesn’t help much to restore her image. Writer Philip Basor points out that she’s shilled for a number of companies by appearing in Japanese TV commercials that feature Lennon songs.

The worst, I should think, is for Gibraltar Life Insurance. Lennon and Ono were married in Gibraltar, Spain — a point made in the Beatles song “The Ballad of John and Yoko.” The Lennon song “Woman” plays in the Gibraltar ad.

In a couple of days, Ono will compound her problems when she releases a book called “Memories of John.” There are interviews with 73 different people, many of whom did not know Lennon.

There are no interviews with the ex-Beatles, their wives, Lennon’s first wife, Cynthia, or son, Julian. John Fogerty says in the book, “I never met John, but I always felt that I knew him.” Yikes! There are also statements from such unlikely contributors as the Bangles’ Vicki Petersen, Bono, Alicia Keys, Steve Earle, Jello Biafra and Carlos Santana.

I don’t get it. Ono is obviously a brilliant woman and has been a great mother. All of these things — the musical, the book, the reissued albums — gave her an opportunity to show her generosity, wisdom and unselfishness. She seems to have passed on them all and taken a road that Lennon himself, even though he liked to put people on, would not have approved of.
November 28th, 2005 02:50 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

November 28th, 2005 03:13 PM
lotsajizz Yoko was evil...she even drove Macca away one day in '77 when he showed up and rang the bell, guitar in hand. She came to the door and told him he needed to call first and then slammed it on him.....Lennon cut his balls off and gave 'em to her
November 28th, 2005 03:22 PM
Gazza
quote:
time is on my side wrote:
It's clear she chose his friends for him. It sounds like Yoko was more than just a lover but had become some sort of domineering mother image in the end.

considering Lennon called her "mother" in front of interviewers it would appear thats exactly what she became in the end.

I'm sure theres some psychologists out there who will theorize that as Lennon lost his own mother in childhood, this was some way of making up for it in later life...

November 28th, 2005 03:22 PM
Prodigal Son Pretty accurate article. Yoko was a real hawkeye over John's life. But to be nitpicky, "Steel and Glass" was written as a scatching attack not on Paul but on Allen Klein (boy he endeared himself to everyone, didn't he?).
November 28th, 2005 03:31 PM
Joey
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:
But to be nitpicky, "Steel and Glass" was written as a scatching attack not on Paul but on Allen Klein (boy he endeared himself to everyone, didn't he?).

Thank You Prodigal Son .........

I learned something .

JACKY !
November 28th, 2005 03:32 PM
nankerphelge Joey?

November 28th, 2005 03:34 PM
Joey
quote:
nankerphelge wrote:
Joey?

Nanky ?!?!

November 28th, 2005 03:46 PM
texile mother indeed,
john was weak - and yoko took over.....evidently, john needed that -
but now WE have to endure the lasting repercussions of yoko eventually excising EVERYONE from his history.
in the dvd she produced - she diminished the beatles years by not including them .....
and people think macca is a bitch....
it's true macca made efforts to contact john - but he was a threat to yoko's domination ...........paul was a complex figure and important force in john's life that even yoko couldn't compete with and she despised that fact.
how does she get away with this shit and still maintain that iconic status among the hipsters?
she has no credibility to me.
November 28th, 2005 03:50 PM
texile another tidbit about dream #9
in the dvd she produced - there is a video john filmed at the time featuring may pang....who provided background vocals...
yoko superimposed all the pang parts with shots of her - lip-synching pang's vocals...lol - giving the impression the song was about her and not pang..
amazing.
November 28th, 2005 10:29 PM
The Wick It's really rich hearing stuff from this idiot Yoko Ono. Living in England in the 60's and claimed to have never heard of Lennon- yeah thanks. Opportunistic blood sucker. Still, Lennon may have been a wonderful song writer, but he treated Cynthia and Julian Lennon like crap and gave Sean Lennon everything. Moreover, Cuckoo Ono "raped and pillaged" the Lennon family according to Julian Lennon and gave him a small portion of the money she now rules over. Fuck her and her complete and utter artifical plastic character. All she is, is a fucking fake.
November 29th, 2005 12:11 AM
mrt just think if john and mick got drunk and played guitar and they had the tapes rolling.that would be a nice find.
November 29th, 2005 01:43 AM
Prodigal Son Whether their love was truly special or not I could give a flying fuck. The point is; she used his fame to serve her massive ego. Was she a spoiled little bankers' daughter or something? Whatever the case, according to her John's legacy=her legacy too. Next thing you know she'll be taking credit for stuff BEFORE they heavily involved in 1968. What's next? Yoko as the 5th member of Sgt. Pepper's lonely hearts club band on the cover? No wonder the other guys in the band despised her.

Paul ran into someone with a bigger ego than even him so he spends his days attempting to wrest control of the Beatle legacy from Yoko's icy hands. And poor Ringo is caught up in the middle (gasp!). Poor Cynthia and Julian Lennon. Just because
Julian's solo career sucked (still better than Yoko's supposedly great "arty" adventures), doesn't mean he deserve this disrespect. Him and his mom got the shaft while wonderful ol Sean gets all the attention and keeps the estate when his mama croaks.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]
November 29th, 2005 02:01 AM
Monkey Woman
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Jagger said: , "John and I had some funny times. We got really drunk and we went out on sailboats and we just sat around with guitars and played.”

"When he went back with Yoko, I was probably considered one of the 'bad influences', so I was never allowed to see him after that."

Maybe Yoko was wise... Barred from sitting around and playing with Lennon, Mick had more time to spend with the Stones!
November 29th, 2005 03:45 AM
glencar Let's drop the whole Lennon/Ono thing. They really sucked & I hate them. I'd rather read about Bennett Cerf!
November 29th, 2005 03:46 AM
glencar
quote:
Joey wrote:

Nanky ?!?!

More gay sites, Joey?
November 29th, 2005 05:34 AM
corgi37 The thing is, Lennon was a professional bitch.

1st, he was Macca's bitch.

Then Yoko's.

And, this song "No9 dream". In the article, it says to this day its one of his most played songs. I hate the fucker, always have, but i have never heard it. Not that i want to either.

Anyway, i think Jagger came out of it better off. Not seeing Lennon allowed him to bum dance with Billy Preston instead.

Anyway, the person i really feel sorry for is Chapman!
hahahaha
*(awaits rotten fruit and bottles)*
November 29th, 2005 02:57 PM
texile
quote:
Prodigal Son wrote:

Paul ran into someone with a bigger ego than even him so he spends his days attempting to wrest control of the Beatle legacy from Yoko's icy hands. And poor Ringo is caught up in the middle (gasp!). Poor Cynthia and Julian Lennon. Just because
Julian's solo career sucked (still better than Yoko's supposedly great "arty" adventures), doesn't mean he deserve this disrespect. Him and his mom got the shaft while wonderful ol Sean gets all the attention and keeps the estate when his mama croaks.
[Edited by Prodigal Son]

yes, paul had a massive ego - but paul delivered......
November 29th, 2005 05:32 PM
sammy davis jr. Mick and John were probably getting it on.
November 29th, 2005 07:26 PM
Schleisher Read a lot on how Paul dealt with her. How about George?
November 29th, 2005 10:36 PM
glencar Too Many Cooks was the only result of all that time spent together?
November 30th, 2005 05:49 AM
corgi37 Too many cooks, and some humorous bouts of the clap.
December 1st, 2005 06:01 AM
jostorm Erm.....on which page of the KamaSutra would I find an illustration of the flying fuck????

I just find it amazing that so many years later this woman is still capable of generating so much hatred in so many people....
At the end of the day it is true, he made his choice , and it was his and only his to make, but I personally would be ecstatic if she were suddenly sucked in by a black hole, and I always thought she is an absolute joke as an artist, a total non-entity!
December 1st, 2005 07:41 AM
Gazza
quote:
jostorm wrote:
Erm.....on which page of the KamaSutra would I find an illustration of the flying fuck????

right here, Jo!

Page: 1 2
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)