ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, September 16, 2002
By Roostah and/or PhilA aka SparksWILLFly!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: I think I fucking fucked up Return to archive
12-03-02 01:33 PM
TT Hi,
I think I fucking fucked up

I waited until the presale started. I clicked on UTRECHT
and entered my code: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

Then he wanted my credit card number etc.
I typed it in. I was so happy.

Suddenly my PC had a problem and the ticketservice mail said
he didn�t take my credit card number!??

But: As I tried to do a second try the webpage said: "you already
ordered 2 tickets".

I�m really sad now. I can�t enter my code again.

I was one of the first who came to the site as the presale started.
I want the 2 tickets so badly. Are they still reserved?

Maybe there�s another chance for me to do a payment.

Please help me!!

12-03-02 01:44 PM
jb Why is everyone so worried. People in the US rushed to buy pre-sale and everyone hated their seats. Moreover, there were plenty of seats available at every show..even club shows went on sale the day of the concerts. The demand this time is not as high..don't rush..you will have no problem getting good seats.
12-03-02 02:12 PM
nankerphelge I'm very happy for everyone getting tickets. It is so frustrating though -- I can't even figure out my January schedule yet let alone plan anything next summer! Fucking law fucking sucks.
[Edited by nankerphelge]
12-03-02 02:18 PM
jb You are experiencing burn out Nanker...you must leave that sweat shop and make it on your own...like me...In less than 7 years, I went from a 2400 billable hr clone, to lucrative private practice tripling my income in that time.
12-03-02 02:33 PM
nankerphelge If I burn out, it won't be from the law. It'll be from attending too many Stones shows!

And my firm is no sweat shop -- they get worried when people bill more than about 2100. Plus, patent litigation needs lotsa bodies -- sole pracs can't handle the big ticket stuff. And I sure don't want to be helping grandpa patent his handy-dandy ear-hair plucker, thank you very much.

Nope - very happy right here -- top firm, top clients, top dollar -- just no fucking schedule for January.

I ask for so little -- and that's exactly what I get...
12-03-02 03:04 PM
jb Once/if you become a partner, the pressure only gets worse...My friend recently resigned from Fowler-White in Miami..He was a partner and they expected him to defend 50 medical-malpractice cases on his own...made 225,000 but worked 7 days a week...went into insurance defense for All-State for a measly 75,000 a year, but work 9-5 and has never been happier.
12-03-02 03:30 PM
nankerphelge Hell, I'm gonna drop dead at my desk anyhow -- the hours and pressure aren't all that bad. Besides, I need those partner $$$ to finance the next 5 tours!!!
12-03-02 03:38 PM
winter JB:

How did you come up with $2,547.89 per ticket for the MSG shows?
12-03-02 03:49 PM
nankerphelge Maybe that's how much he has left after his wife and kids bleed him this year!!!

12-03-02 04:14 PM
Strange_Stray_Cat TT:
I had the same problem. I've send an email to [email protected] begged them not to cancel, but to send it to the postal office (postal offices sell tix in holland).
12-03-02 04:15 PM
jb Winter..one more win and it's #6 baby!!!!! You are coming down this weekend? Just spent Thanksgiving with the family at Loews in Miami..beautiful weather...South beach was great, and Joe's was packed....I am somewhat concerned about V. Tech...I hate that fucking redneck coach and they beat us 5 years in a row up until 2 years ago...I feel the same way as I did for the Pitt game..It's gonna be close...but it's senior day, 70,000 strong in the OB, and the national Championship on the line...plus, we never choke like my other favorite fish team..LOL
As far as the price per single, that number is an average of all broker sites I visited to date...
12-03-02 04:17 PM
TT Hey cat,

I live in Germany. There�s no chance then, huh?

12-03-02 04:21 PM
sirmoonie TT, you may have actually bought it. Have you checked e-mail? Tried going through the process again?

I'd keep trying. Surely their system will realize when an order has been kicked back and let a member reload. Then again, it is the Fan Club...
12-03-02 05:09 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
TT wrote:
Hey cat,

I live in Germany. There�s no chance then, huh?

Well, did you try calling them?

Be civil at first and grow more and more irate. Tell them you paid good money and you'll call Mr. Kohl (for of course you know Mr. Kohl very well) and tell him just what you think of this "Fan Club" facade.

-tSYX --- Anybody seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen myyyyy bayyyyyby...
12-03-02 05:32 PM
glencar Kohl's been out of office for 4 years or so. Schroeder is their leader these days.
12-03-02 05:33 PM
Angiegirl JB: you obviously have no clue whatsoever about Holland/Europe and the stones.

1. We don't have preserved seats at the clubshow, it's 1-access, free choice sitting/standing. First inside =front row. That's the deal here. Queue if you want a good spot. So no good seat/better seat whatever. The worries ARE only about the clubshow. Not the arena or stadium, we'll get them on Saturday.

2. A clubshow with only 1,000 tix available sells out within 10 minutes over here. Always. It did again today. TicketService Holland says all club tix sold out tonight in presale. No tix later, everything gone. Period.

3. The Stones craze is just as bad as before, Holland has the cheapest tix so far in this tour, see? People get that burning fever and it's all sold out. I am talking about clubs and arenas, but stadiums as well probably.

4. Small countries compared to US: we all visit shows @ other sides of border. It's not just the Dutch buying for a Dutch show, it's them AND the Germans, Brittish, Irish, Belgians, French, Americans, Australians, etc etc. So that makes the market just as large as per US show and with tix prices of 15-40 % of US prices. Think about it. It's nothing calmer here. It's the same madness as every past tour and the official sales haven't even begun.

See?
[Edited by Angiegirl]
12-03-02 05:47 PM
glencar Smart post, angiegirl. I met some Dutch fans this weekend. They were quite avid & they had traveled in a camper from San Antone to Nashville to Vegas. They made it to both Vegas shows. Once again, it's evident that some people have no idea of what they speak.
12-03-02 05:55 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
glencar wrote:
Smart post, angiegirl. ...Once again, it's evident that some people have no idea of what they speak.

Thanx.

Well, JB usually does know of what he spaeks, but I just wanted to make clear that there is a huge difference between preserved seats and 1-price-tickets/queueing.

Cool to travel in a camper. I've been to Vegas too (10 years ago) but by rental car from LA...
12-03-02 05:55 PM
Moonisup There will come some hot august nights