ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, September 16, 2002
By Roostah and/or PhilA aka SparksWILLFly!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: FAR EAST DVD MY OPINION Return to archive
12-02-02 03:46 PM
woodywoodpecker Just got my DVD of Far East Man.
I must say the sound and picture quality are of a high standard. As for the performance terrible to be honest IMO.
Ronnie had way too much to drink and played with no effort what so ever. And as for that Fuckin Slash I hate this guy like no one else, his sound was terrible and sooo Loud you couldnt even here Ronnie singing or play for that matter he is a fuckin time waster and Ronnie should be embarassed for even letting him near the show. No one else will! Slash took control of the show playing solo's right through verses and chourus lines.And I didnt pay money to watch Slash fuck about like a wanna be guitar god. I must say this Ronnie I sure hope you have got it together now because this performance was like watching an un professional pub band. I love Ronnie's not for beginners Lp
I think its great just wich I could say the same for the dvd.

Sorry.
12-02-02 05:17 PM
T&A interesting - this after Mathijs had posted here a few weeks ago with a very positive review of Woody's performance on this DVD...hmmm....
12-02-02 05:20 PM
sammy davis jr. Agreed- Slash just doesn't get that playing guitar is not just playing fuckimg pentatonic blues leads ad nauseum. The guy just never stops. He could really take a lesson from Mick T. about how to play gracefully, but then he wouldn't have the limelight, would he? And really, he's not that good. I'm way sick of him. Never liked his playing to begin with.