ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, September 16, 2002
By Roostah and/or PhilA aka SparksWILLFly!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Astonishing! Return to archive
12-02-02 10:30 AM
parmeda Chicago Sun-Times
DUTCH CELEBRATE POT-SELLING 'COFFEE SHOPS'
December 2, 2002

HAARLEM, Netherlands--The water pipe stood 8 feet tall, encircled by people puffing on its 64 mouthpieces.

Elsewhere in the room, a new machine rolled out 300 marijuana joints in minutes. Free hashish was passed around.

It was the start of the Hash and Weed Festival, which ran over the weekend.

The aging pioneers of the Dutch marijuana culture, watched by hundreds of young aficionados, gathered in a gymnasium to mark the 30th anniversary of the first ''coffee shop'' that openly sold reefers like cups of coffee.

''This celebration honors the world's most successful marijuana experiment: the Dutch coffee shop system,'' said Pete Brady, a writer for Cannabis Culture Magazine.

Holland now has more than 800 ''coffee shops,'' found in 105 of the country's 500 cities and towns.

I can think of a few of you that are biting your lower lip right about now...lol
12-02-02 10:32 AM
nankerphelge Oh you know it....
12-02-02 11:06 AM
steel driving hammer For some reason my body can't handle the Reefidge.

But it can handle the Keefidge...

Suck the wine honey...

12-02-02 05:59 PM
Moonisup welcome in Holland

now you know why the stones love our little country
12-02-02 06:37 PM
icydanger lol
12-02-02 09:22 PM
Angiegirl Yep, in our country it's easier to get stoned than to get a Stones ticket...(screaming in frustration and anticipation, maybe I need to visit my local coffeeshop -3 of them here in my town- to calm down).
12-02-02 11:53 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Angiegirl wrote:
Yep, in our country it's easier to get stoned than to get a Stones ticket...(

LOL, at the moment in mine is the only option as we don't have any gig planned at the moment

12-03-02 12:18 AM
Maxmeister [quote]Moonisup wrote:
welcome in Holland

I love Holland aka The Netherlands. And not just because of the coffee shops. Great people in a beautiful country. Also, the biggest Stones fantatic country in Europe.

Rick
12-03-02 12:32 AM
Angiegirl Maxmeister: I hope you will still be right after this tour, lol!

Gerardo: you win! I pitty you and all South Americans! Hope more of you are lucky to catch a US show then...