ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, September 16, 2002
By Roostah and/or PhilA aka SparksWILLFly!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Druggy Keith Header Return to archive
12-02-02 08:55 AM
Factory Girl He was one beautiful strung-out dude in the 1970's.
12-02-02 10:02 AM
steel driving hammer Ah, he was in his prime, having the time of his life.

Ever see that pic of him smoking that long pipe w/ white herion, or was it white herion?

Now that would make a great tee shirt!
12-02-02 10:11 AM
nankerphelge Anyone know if that is the jacket hanging at the Cleveland Hard Rock?? It sure looks like it!
12-02-02 10:47 AM
Monkey Woman Ah, but Keith is still very handsome, drugs or no drugs
12-02-02 04:29 PM
luxury1 Does Voodoo know if this Robert Altman is the film producer??
If so, the man does some great work.
12-02-02 05:41 PM
FPM C10
quote:
luxury1 wrote:
Does Voodoo know if this Robert Altman is the film producer??
If so, the man does some great work.

Ha! I just watched "Gosford Park". Altman IS a good producer/director. And a different guy than the photographer.
12-02-02 05:50 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Factory Girl wrote:
He was one beautiful strung-out dude in the 1970's.

Funny how when you're YOUNG and wasted it's romantic a la Lord Byron, but when you get old you're just a pathetic old drunk.

I thought Keith in the 70s was the greatest thing going. He did what he wanted and fuck everyone if they don't like it. It was quite a departure from the rest of the "scene". The "Patience Please" photo, for instance, had a HUGE effect on me. In that photo, he's not ON drugs, he IS drugs!

So I had a friend make me a little leather bag with a drawstring to keep my drugs in. I had him inscribe the word "DRUGS" on it in big letters.

Wonder whatever happened to that bag.

Joey?
12-02-02 06:54 PM
gypsy Hey, Steel Driving Hammer! I actually saw a picture of Stephen Bing (the father of Liz Hurley's baby) wearing a t-shirt with that EXACT photo of Keith smoking on the pipe. It was in an issue of "Us Weekly" (not too old). I didn't notice it at first...my husband actually pointed it out to me. I thought it was cool.
12-02-02 08:46 PM
Joey " Wonder whatever happened to that bag.

Joey? "

Fleabit ..............wanna do some blow ?????

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !

{{{{ Joeskee }}}}}}}}}}}}

12-02-02 10:21 PM
sammy davis jr. Keith has a hole in his knee- you can see clear through it. No wonder he can drink drink drink.
12-02-02 11:17 PM
FPM C10
quote:
Joey wrote:
Fleabit ..............wanna do some blow ?????
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ! Blooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww !
{{{{ Joeskee }}}}}}}}}}}}

Don't mind if I DO!

I loooooooove blow. Or used to.

It used to be sooooo good. You could leap tall buildings after a single line. Then it got shitty.

(This was all back when you were in shortpants and has no relation to the quality of whatever you were snorting last weekend.)

When I saw the movie "Blow" featuring that incredible opening sequence set to "Can't You Hear Me Knockin'" it explained why that was.

Those fuckers locked Johnny Depp up, and he had all the good blow!

Bring at least an 8 ball to the next c10 gathering!!!

hey...does "blow" smell sorta like talcum powder?

12-02-02 11:33 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
This was the reference header

By Mr. Robert Altman, the photographer, not the director

12-02-02 11:35 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl BTW, Robert's website is gone and is not located in the same URL, if anybody knows the new place, please let me know, I sent and e-mail to Robert but it went back.
12-03-02 07:45 AM
Factory Girl FPM, you raise an interesting point (as you always do). But, I think that drug use is more glorified than common drunkeness. Although, when I was younger I had some glorious drunken binges, courtesy of kamikazee shots.

The Joey-are you in "Blow"? Are you really Johnny Depp's deviant little brother?? Please give us a glimmer, Joey!
12-03-02 01:41 PM
Joey " Bring at least an 8 ball to the next c10 gathering!!! "

< ---- I hear " speedballs " are on the docket at the next summit in Cleveland ??????

That's right little pal .

Factory Girl ..............is that really you ??????? Man ,we have really missed your keen Stonesian knowledge and rapacious insight around here . Plus , you were always so Minty Fresh and could you write a post .........Christ you were good .

" Shall I put side two of ' Tattoo You ' she purred ??????? ' Come to Joey ' I said to her Ronnie "

{{{{{{{{{{{ JOEYKINS }}}}}}}}}}}}}}

The Joeskee , Established in 1999 . Providing cute and tidy posts like this on a continuous basis since day one .

YES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!