ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, September 16, 2002
By Roostah and/or PhilA aka SparksWILLFly!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Portrait Of A Leg End - What Are We Going To *Do* Without The Stones On Tour? Return to archive
12-01-02 10:48 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy So, it's time the question was asked.

We've had a great time. This tour leg has been the best tour since (depending on who you ask) '97, '94, '89, '81, '78, '75, and '72. I don't think anyone's had the guts to compare it to '69 yet, nor has anyone had the utter lack of taste to even mention '99. Having heard literally *nothing* from the '78 tour, I'm sticking with the '81 crowd.

But now this tour leg has come to a close... for us Americans we ain't gonna see them for another month, and for the Europeans, you guys have got quite a while to wait yet. (Hang in there, guys!)

So, I pose the question - what're we going to *do*?

For one thing, I'm losing weight, practicing the bass and learning how to talk to women.

How did you guys ever *cope* with them not being on tour for *years*? It must be hell...

Oh, and if anyone can tell me where I stole the title "Portrait Of A Leg End" from they'll be my new best friend for the next five minutes.

Well, maybe we'll have time to digest this leg.

Overall, how do people think this leg went? And what should we do in the meantime waiting for the second leg to kick in again?

And the question I'm afraid to ask: I heard in '99 they went in with a bang and out with a whimper - they actually severely decreased in quality over a rest period. Is this true?

-tSYX --- And in asylums they helped to build...
12-01-02 11:48 PM
Angiegirl
quote:
TheSavageYoungXyzzy wrote:
..they actually severely decreased in quality over a rest period. Is this true?

That's ok, they can warm up steadily during the next 8 months...so they can really blow us away in Europe...hehehehe!!

12-02-02 04:54 AM
Moonisup portrait of a leg end:

ain't that from George Harrison?
12-02-02 05:36 AM
parmeda Ah...my wonderful young Xyzzy

What are we to do, you ask? I've pondered the thought for several weeks my friend and I thank you for bringing it to life.

I can assure you, that if there was a 12-step program for Stones Fans going through the withdrawl most of us suffer after a tour, I would most definately fight for the title of becoming its Poster Child. Sounds a little crazy, huh? It's the truth...

As a faithful follower from a very young age (I thank my Dad for exposing me to them at the age of 4...), to the very first time I saw them live ('78), attending at least one show from every US tour since...and up until this tour with 2 shows down and 3 more to go...you can't imagine the effect that it has on me to know that it will soon be over.

My life will resume to its "back to normal" state just as it has many times before. However this time, just like before...it will be even more enriched with the memories and the pleasure that it's brought to me.

Can I compare what I've witnessed all these years? Sure...just as anyone can in their own way. I think that most of us will agree that our own personal experiences will never be on an even plain with each other. That's what makes us all unique. That's what allows us to be able to share what we have in order to benefit others whether it's the history & knowledge or the music & memorabilia.

This tour has been a wonderful time for me Xyzzy, in so many different ways. Whichever show happens to be my last, it will be savored so bittersweetly. And in getting back to that 12-step program I mentioned, lol...I will be fine. I have this place to come to... To watch our friends around the globe have their turn at what we had... To wish them well... To anticipate their reviews... To re-live it all, in their eyes...
12-02-02 09:23 AM
nankerphelge I know what I'm doing.
By my count, there are 13 US/Canada dates in '03 -- I'm spending my December figuring out how to get to a few of them!

12-02-02 09:36 AM
Nellcote Watching The Pats cruise to the playoffs...
Then, on 01/12, watching a playoff game at Sully's, with several Rocks Off members, prior to a certain musical interlude that evening.....

YES! That's what I'm doing!

JB, will you be at Marino's, with Ray Lucas as your waiter, also watching the PATS?
12-02-02 11:17 AM
jb Yes.
12-02-02 12:29 PM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy
quote:
Moonisup wrote:
portrait of a leg end:

ain't that from George Harrison?

Yyyyyep!

As for parmeda... ack! 12-Step-Program ASAP!

It's worse the first time 'round... I'm hopelessly hooked. I only wish they'd do another club show in Boston...

-tSYX --- Can't get enough...