ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board

Aragon Ballroom - Chicago, September 16, 2002
By Roostah and/or PhilA aka SparksWILLFly!

WEBRADIO CHANNELS:
[Ch1: Bill German's Stones Zone] [Ch2: British Invasion] [Ch3: Sike-ay-delic 60's] [Ch4: Random Sike-ay-delia]

[THE WET PAGE] [IORR NEWS] [IORR TOUR SCHEDULE] [LICKS TOUR EN ESPA�OL] [SETLISTS 62-99] [THE A/V ROOM] [THE ART GALLERY] [MICK JAGGER] [KEITHFUCIUS] [CHARLIE WATTS ] [RON WOOD] [BRIAN JONES] [MICK TAYLOR] [BILL WYMAN] [IAN STEWART ] [NICKY HOPKINS] [MERRY CLAYTON] [IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN] [BERNARD FOWLER] [LISA FISCHER] [DARRYL JONES] [BOBBY KEYS] [JAMES PHELGE] [CHUCK LEAVELL] [LINKS] [PHOTOS] [MAGAZINE COVERS] [MUSIC COVERS ] [JIMI HENDRIX] [BOOTLEGS] [TEMPLE] [GUESTBOOK] [ADMIN]

[CHAT ROOM aka THE FUN HOUSE] [RESTROOMS]

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED) inside.
Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Nashville setlist, pix and reviews Return to archive
11-26-02 12:30 AM
Stonesdoug Street Fighting Man
Start Me Up
If You Can't Rock Me
Don't Stop
Monkey Man
Gimme Shelter
Sweet Virginia
Loving Cup
Rocks Off
Tumbling Dice

Keith
The Worst
Happy

Sympathy for the Devil
You Got Me Rocking
CYHMK
Honky Tonk Women
Satisfaction

B Stage
IORR
Little Red Roostewr
Brown Sugar

encore
Jumping Jack Flash
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
[Edited by Stonesdoug]
11-26-02 04:24 AM
sonicrock thank you
11-26-02 09:32 AM
TheSavageYoungXyzzy What? No "Dead Flowers" or "Far Away Eyes" for Nashville?

How was it?

-tSYX --- War, children...
11-26-02 09:38 AM
nankerphelge I'm surprised too. I thought Nashville was gonna have a wonderful country flair. What a blown opportunity! I think they are winding down this first leg. I hope they regroup during December and pull some more tricks outta their hat in '03.
11-26-02 11:33 AM
Stonesdoug Hey Nankie---wait till you hear who inhaled some of Tom L's chiba
11-26-02 12:37 PM
moy from the tennessean

11-26-02 12:44 PM
nankerphelge See Doug, I knew I shoulda gone to Nashville! I woulda been right in there with them!! I keep missin' the fucking boat!
11-26-02 12:51 PM
Saint Sway great pics!!!!!!!
11-26-02 01:14 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl There's another review by BigMac, check it out here http://novogate.com/board/968/128888-1.html
11-26-02 01:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Some pix by ANthony Mathilde from the officiel website http://www.rollingstones.com

Soundchecking Sweet Virgina

Soundchecking The Worst

Carla backstage... CONGRATULATIONS DEARY!

Now some by Jake Cohl

[Edited by VoodooChileInWOnderl]
11-27-02 02:04 AM
Happy Motherfucker!! I must say that this was one hell'va show. The band was cranked up nice and loud and totally rocked! CYHMK was the best that I've heard from the tour, it clocked in at almost 20 minutes! It just went on and on, it had some out standing jams in it and very cool lighting. Sweet Virginia, Loving Cup felt right at home in Nashville. The crowd was pretty fucking lame most of the night. The section I was in just set there like it was some laid-back country concert or something. I stood and danced the whole show and just dared for anyone to tell me to sit down. There was some dumb ass behind me that kept saying for Keith not to sing when he was getting ready to do the worst. I pissed him off by screaming "KEITH!" over top of him every time he said it. It went something like this: Don't let Keith si-KEITH!!!!
Don't let Keith si-KEITH!!! This went on for about 10 times and I could tell he was getting pissed, he couldn't finish his line before I shot him down. Finally I turned around and said He's going to fucking sing like it or not dude!
Sunday night we made our way to the Lowe�s where the boys were staying. I caught the guys when they arrived but couldn�t get them to sign, although I've got some cool shots of them. We went to the bar and soon Bernard and Blondie came down. I had several drinks with them and talked music. By the end of the night we were all pretty toasted and bull shiting like old friends. Blondie even gave me his email and told me to look him up when they play Pittsburgh and he would see what he could do about some passes. They are really some nice fellows, they even set down at the piano and played a couple of tunes for us. Charlie came down a little later and signed for a couple of people. I spoke with him briefly before my girlfriend snapped a picture and startled him; he quickly made his way to the elevator after that! Nashville and The Stones made it one memorable trip for us. It looks like I�m doing Pittsburgh now!
11-27-02 02:46 PM
Jumping Jack Best show I have heard in many, many years. Guitars were loud, clear and upfront in the mix. No screwing around. The boys are on top of their game now. Sounds like the 70s. The difference between the sound in the arenas and stadiums is incredible.
11-29-02 02:24 AM
padre Although many critisize this Hot Rocks setlist, I'm very pleased that Miss You seems to have dropped from this tour. And if CYHMK is the one that's taken its place as the long jam song then things could not be better!!!
12-01-02 03:21 AM
Bluzian Curious to know if any country stars were in the audience,
or backstage? Who opened up? And no surprise on-stage guest?
I thought it would've been a bit more flavourful, ya know?

Cheers,
Ian
12-01-02 11:32 AM
gimmekeef I was at this one and it rocked!!!Have seen over 20 shows since 72 and this one was in top 3 at least.They did not need any guests etc as they were simply on fire.Lovin Cup was an awsome treat being 10 feet away from the small stage for Rooster was also a highlight.I too thought that Dead Flowers or Far Away Eyes might have been done but hey it was an Exile Night!!!!!!!!!!..A+ All around....
12-02-02 08:51 AM
Factory Girl Hey Stonesdoug-my curiosity is peaked! Who inhaled some of Tom L's stuff? Please give us a glimmer...lol.
12-02-02 09:26 AM
Scottfree Please Dear God, let there be a sounboard recording of this one....
12-02-02 11:40 AM
Factory Girl I'm pretty sure there'll be a sbd. But, those are slower to circulate than aud.