ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAŃOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: New Crowes album -- "Warpaint" Return to archive
27th November 2007 09:42 PM
Mel Belli THE BLACK CROWES TO RELEASE

‘WARPAINT’

FIRST STUDIO ALBUM OF ALL NEW MATERIAL IN SEVEN YEARS
DUE OUT MARCH 4 ON THEIR OWN SILVER ARROW RECORDS LABEL,
DISTRIBUTED BY MEGAFORCE/SONY RED BMG

BAND TO PERFORM ‘WARPAINT’ IN ITS ENTIRETY ON LIMITED
“ONE NIGHT ONLY” SWING

From the beginning, THE BLACK CROWES have done things their own way. And it’s good to know that some things don’t change.

WARPAINT—the band’s first album of all-new studio material in seven years, due out March 4 worldwide—will be independently released on the band’s own newly formed Silver Arrow Records and distributed through Megaforce/Sony Red BMG. It’s their first studio release since the acclaimed LIONS album in 2001 (on V2).

Produced and mixed by Paul Stacey at Allaire Studios, Woodstock, NY, the album features 11 songs, all of which were written by CHRIS and RICH ROBINSON, except “God’s Got It” by the Reverend Charlie Jackson. The album builds compellingly on the band’s trademark adventurous brew of rock, blues, country, soul and gospel.

WARPAINT marks the recording debut of two new band members—guitarist Luther Dickinson and keyboardist Adam MacDougall--who join CHRIS and RICH and drummer Steve Gorman and bassist Sven Pipien. Dickinson, of North Mississippi Allstars, officially steps in to replace producer/guitarist Paul Stacey, whose position with the band was always intended to be temporary. THE BLACK CROWES are deeply appreciative that Stacey committed his genuine talent and time to the band and their performances for most of 2007.

The album’s complete track listing is: “Goodbye Daughters of the Revolution,” “Walk Believer Walk,” “O, Josephine,” “Evergreen,” “We Who See The Deep,” “Locust Street,” “Movin’ On Down The Line,” “Wounded Bird,” “God’s Got It,” “There’s Gold In Them Hills,” and “Whoa Mule.”

CHRIS says the album’s title signifies “the revolution that could take place in all our souls.”

Meanwhile, for the first time in their 18-year career, THE BLACK CROWES will perform an album of theirs in its entirety. On a special run of “One Night Only” shows beginning on March 4, fans will experience WARPAINT performed in its entirety, after which the band will play songs from their catalog and selected surprises. Dates TBA.

THE BLACK CROWES will begin their world tour March 24 by headlining the Byron Bay Festival in Australia. They’ll continue their down under trek—their first since 1991—through April 5 before playing special engagements in Tokyo, Amsterdam and London, and concluding with shows in Hamburg and Cologne, Germany (dates TBA).

THE BLACK CROWES have sold over 20 million albums and are known as one of rock’s best live acts. They have been called “The Most Rock n’ Roll Rock ‘n’ Roll Band In the World” and a “thoroughbred American rock ‘n’ freakin’ roll band”; their panoramic live shows feature alternating set lists and signature incendiary musical explorations. Catch up with the band at www.blackcrowes.com
27th November 2007 09:53 PM
Nellcote Are you attempting to bait a certain poster, or, has he made the transition?
27th November 2007 09:56 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Are you attempting to bait a certain poster, or, has he made the transition?

Not up to anything, honest!
27th November 2007 10:04 PM
Throwaway Very exciting, can't wait for Marc(h) For(d)th
27th November 2007 10:05 PM
fireontheplatter awesome....i look forward to this release.

correct me if i am wrong....there are only 3 origional members left, rich, chris and steve.

god, the last crows album i bought was 3 snakes and 1 charm.....which had 1-4 good songs on it.

27th November 2007 10:06 PM
Mel Belli
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
awesome....i look forward to this release.

correct me if i am wrong....there are only 3 origional members left, rich, chris and steve.

god, the last crows album i bought was 3 snakes and 1 charm.....which had 1-4 good songs on it.

That's correct.

"Three Snakes" is Chris's favorite. Go figure.
27th November 2007 10:12 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

That's correct.

"Three Snakes" is Chris's favorite. Go figure.

you know him personally....or something?

just kidding....i know you don't.
27th November 2007 10:40 PM
Lethargy Excellent! I saw them a few months ago and they were better than ever. Loved their last release Lions too.
27th November 2007 10:46 PM
mrhipfl speaking of the Crowes, what ever happened to Saint Sway? I'll check the Van Halen thread and see if he's in there.
27th November 2007 11:28 PM
GotToRollMe Where IS Saint Sway? I miss him.
28th November 2007 01:27 AM
Fiji Joe I bought that 3 snakes disc...it was in the bargain bin for $1.00...I was ripped off...complete crap
28th November 2007 01:50 AM
BONOISLOVE Best album ever!!
28th November 2007 02:34 AM
IanBillen Their last album, LIONS is quite possibly my very favorite "produced" albums in ten years. Produced by Don Was.

It (LIONS) is also in my top three favorite albums "over-all" in the past ten years.

Great album over-all and I attribute this to the thick, meaty, powerful analogue sound of the production. Kudos to Don Was for that direction and feel (not to dis-credit The Crowes, they played better than I have ever heard them on that release). Most of the songs themselves are pretty good too.

I wonder how this album will sound in comparison? My guess is considerably different. Just an honest assumption.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]
28th November 2007 03:41 AM
Zack Gee, do you think it will sound like the Stones?

[Edited by Zack]
28th November 2007 03:52 AM
IanBillen [quote]Zack wrote:
Gee, do you think it will sound like the Stones?

lol. Well I know some do not like "Was" as their producer.

However,

I think he has done very good. Just listen to the production of Voodoo vs. Bridges vs. A Bigger Bang.

They sound nothing alike in production. A sign of a quality producer, meaning he/she can do this when the artists want a different type of album each time. Each of these is a quality work as well.

Ian
28th November 2007 08:13 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
IanBillen wrote:
Their last album, LIONS is quite possibly my very favorite "produced" albums in ten years. Produced by Don Was.

It (LIONS) is also in my top three favorite albums "over-all" in the past ten years.

Great album over-all and I attribute this to the thick, meaty, powerful analogue sound of the production. Kudos to Don Was for that direction and feel (not to dis-credit The Crowes, they played better than I have ever heard them on that release). Most of the songs themselves are pretty good too.

I wonder how this album will sound in comparison? My guess is considerably different. Just an honest assumption.

Ian

[Edited by IanBillen]

I liked "Lions," too, but it's far from their most analogue-y album. That would be TSHAMC. "Lions" was heavy on the Pro-Tools, I think.
28th November 2007 09:13 AM
gimmekeef I liked Soul Singer from Lions..thought it should have been a hit....
28th November 2007 09:53 AM
Mel Belli
quote:
gimmekeef wrote:
I liked Soul Singer from Lions..thought it should have been a hit....

Great song, wrong century.
28th November 2007 02:21 PM
IanBillen
quote:
Mel Belli wrote:

I liked "Lions," too, but it's far from their most analogue-y album. That would be TSHAMC. "Lions" was heavy on the Pro-Tools, I think.

Probably re-ran it through a Neve during mix-down to fatten it up. They recorded LIONS in an old theater. They wanted to recapture a vintage sound and feel for the album. Or there is another console that sounds like a Neve that is mobile. Could of used Neve pre-amps as well as Pro-tools there though.

I think LIONS is definately analogous in sound. I think it is intended to sound that way. Listen to "I love you I hate you"-"Soul Singing"-

Ian

28th November 2007 02:25 PM
steel driving hammer

28th November 2007 02:36 PM
wisertime I can't wait to hear the new stuff. Luther Dickinson new member ? Just great !
Maybe this time I'll have the opportunity to see the Crowes in Europe in '08..

[Edited by wisertime]
28th November 2007 02:45 PM
steel driving hammer
quote:
wisertime wrote:
these bootlegers they make pretty good stuff..

The ladies down in Darktown, they're doin' the Darktown strut...

Great song, thanks for the smile.
28th November 2007 03:32 PM
mojoman
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Are you attempting to bait a certain poster, or, has he made the transition?

Some people believe that when you die there is a wonderful light. As bright as the sun but it doesn't hurt to look into it. All the answers to all the questions you want to know are inside that light. And when you walk to it... you become a part of it forever. Now, some people die, but they don't know they're gone.....

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)