ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Your mouth don't move but I can hear you speak!

[ ROCKSOFF.ORG ] [ IORR NEWS ] [ SETLISTS 1962-2007 ] [ FORO EN ESPAÑOL ] [ BIT TORRENT TRACKER ] [ BIT TORRENT HELP ] [ BIRTHDAY'S LIST ] [ MICK JAGGER ] [ KEITHFUCIUS ] [ CHARLIE WATTS ] [ RONNIE WOOD ] [ BRIAN JONES ] [ MICK TAYLOR ] [ BILL WYMAN ] [ IAN "STU" STEWART ] [ NICKY HOPKINS ] [ MERRY CLAYTON ] [ IAN 'MAC' McLAGAN ] [ LINKS ] [ PHOTOS ] [ JIMI HENDRIX ] [ TEMPLE ] [GUESTBOOK ] [ ADMIN ]
CHAT ROOM aka The Fun HOUSE Rest rooms last days

ROCKS OFF - The Rolling Stones Message Board
Register | Update Profile | F.A.Q. | Admin Control Panel

Topic: Ronnie admits a project is on (Faces project underway) Return to archive Page: 1 2
22nd November 2007 02:04 PM
LoveinVainRonnie Ronnie admits a project is on

Faces project underway

posted by Mike Walton

Ronnie Wood took part in a Q+A session prior to a screening of his concert film, The First Barbarians: Live From Kilburn last night . During one answer, he admitted he was working on a Faces-related project.

The ex-Face said: “I’m looking through about 5,000 hours of Faces footage. Stuff we shot on hand-held cameras, us messing around. It’s hopefully getting a release next year.”

This will add to speculation that the Faces might reform in 2008. There are already plans to release re-mastered editions of the band’s four studio albums, and there are rumours that Ron, Rod, keyboard player Ian MacLagan and drummer Kenny Jones – have recently been in negotiations to reform for live dates in 2008.

For First Barbarians info check out..
www.ronniewood.com.

22nd November 2007 03:30 PM
Mr Jurkka What will happend to the stones? STONES?!
22nd November 2007 05:11 PM
mojoman maybe i'm amazed.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLhoLkTyNkM
23rd November 2007 10:36 AM
Mr Jurkka I would maybe like faces but i hate rod stewart.. thats why. NO offense.
23rd November 2007 10:53 AM
Nellcote Mac signs on to this, it will happen.
No Mac-No Happen
23rd November 2007 10:56 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The Great American Songbook ala Faces?
23rd November 2007 11:04 AM
Sioux
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The Great American Songbook ala Faces?

Please, no...
23rd November 2007 11:11 AM
Ten Thousand Motels The songs are cool...it's all in the arrangements. No?
23rd November 2007 11:16 AM
tumbled Yah!

23rd November 2007 12:12 PM
steel driving hammer Hope Keith doesn't slit Ronnie's thoat...

Cause baby that hurts!!

But really, this news is just wonderful, but I hope Rod can last.

Hats Off to the THE Prime Minister of Twang.
23rd November 2007 03:47 PM
Gazza
quote:
LoveinVainRonnie wrote:
Ronnie Wood took part in a Q+A session prior to a screening of his concert film, The First Barbarians: Live From Kilburn last night . During one answer, he admitted he was working on a Faces-related project.

The ex-Face said: “I’m looking through about 5,000 hours of Faces footage. Stuff we shot on hand-held cameras, us messing around. It’s hopefully getting a release next year.”

This will add to speculation that the Faces might reform in 2008. There are already plans to release re-mastered editions of the band’s four studio albums, and there are rumours that Ron, Rod, keyboard player Ian MacLagan and drummer Kenny Jones – have recently been in negotiations to reform for live dates in 2008.

For First Barbarians info check out..
www.ronniewood.com.

According to the seperate thread SDH posted earlier, Ronnie doesnt seem to think anything is likely to happen with the Faces for a couple of years - see below where it says "Old Faces" :

I'll believe it when I see it, personally.
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd November 2007 05:18 PM
Izzyboy
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
Mac signs on to this, it will happen.
No Mac-No Happen

Mac wants it to happen more than any of the 4 of them.
23rd November 2007 05:27 PM
fireontheplatter i hope they play giants stadium
23rd November 2007 05:33 PM
Dino37 One of the greatest bands of that era - often overlooked.

I am looking forward to buying my tix in late 2008 early 2009...
23rd November 2007 07:23 PM
Sioux
quote:
Ten Thousand Motels wrote:
The songs are cool...it's all in the arrangements. No?

Oh, the songs are great! But give me Tony Bennett or
Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald to sing them, please!
23rd November 2007 07:52 PM
LoveinVainRonnie I saw Rod this year in concert. His voice wasn't that bad...Oddly enough it sounded better on the ballads, than the faster songs.
His voice changed about the mid to late 80s/early 90s...It developed in more of a soft gravel...

It would be interesting to see what songs they would select. I can't imagine Rod singing songs like "Borstal Boys" or "Poolhall Richard". He'd probably be reduced to singing songs like "Cindy Incidentally" or their ballads. I wonder if they would stick with Faces records or go into Rod's earlier solo stuff that they were on with "Maggie May."

Stay with me is still decent...Truth be told I think his energy could make up for the vocals. And just seeing all the guys up there would be fun.

23rd November 2007 07:56 PM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
Sioux wrote:

Oh, the songs are great! But give me Tony Bennett or
Sinatra or Ella Fitzgerald to sing them, please!

I hate the standard cds, but then again I just don't like that music...But I've heard many people that I've played it for say "I actually like this compared to his other stuff." With Rod I am never surprised with what he chooses to cover or genre to sing in, because that's just how he has always been. He has wanted to do the standards since the 80s, and did one of the standards in 74...He did it pretty country though.

Speaking of Country he has entertained the thought of doing a country record...Now Rod that is crossing the line for even me.

Fuck Rod go crawling back to Ronnie and do a real record.
[Edited by LoveinVainRonnie]
23rd November 2007 09:18 PM
Gazza
quote:
fireontheplatter wrote:
i hope they play giants stadium

The Faces would barely be able to fill an arena in most parts of the States...
23rd November 2007 09:35 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:

The Faces would barely be able to fill an arena in most parts of the States...

thats probably why you're not their tour manager or promoter or whatever you call it.

lol
23rd November 2007 09:41 PM
Gazza nor are you

The Faces were never a big deal in the US, and Rod Stewart isnt capable of selling stadiums there these days either.

They could fill decent sized arenas in several cities, but nothing bigger than that.

Especially as it wouldnt be a cheap ticket.

Giants Stadium? 60,000 seats? You must be kidding.
[Edited by Gazza]
23rd November 2007 09:56 PM
Nellcote Hey Platta, not for nuthin, but, last week you were saying that $65-95 per ticket for Springsteen was too much dough, you were gonna wait until he came to Giants Stadium to play.
Now, you want the Faces, a band who has not toured regularly to perform @ Giants Stadium? Are they supposed to be an opening act for someone? Only good for you if they charge $35. for floor seating? I'm having a bit of a problem understanding your fuzzy math, help me out here, please? What is the fixation with Giants Stadium? I caught the Stones there, it was an okay venue, made terrific by the people I caught the show with, however, it's a 70K seater, it's ant time! Geesh!
23rd November 2007 09:58 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Gazza wrote:
nor are you

The Faces were never a big deal in the US, and Rod Stewart isnt capable of selling stadiums there these days either.

They could fill decent sized arenas in several cities, but nothing bigger than that.

Especially as it wouldnt be a cheap ticket.

[Edited by Gazza]

just mention the word rod stewart and there goes 10 thousand seats....tack on a big screen and sound and theres another 10 thousand...mention ron wood and there goes 5 thousand.

yeah, you're probably right....giants is out of the question.

a great band...it would be awesome if they toured.
23rd November 2007 10:05 PM
fireontheplatter
quote:
Nellcote wrote:
What is the fixation with Giants Stadium?

it has something to do with the tailgate parties and the manhatten skyline you see driving into the place.

nevermind....carry on
23rd November 2007 10:08 PM
mojoman will bill play bass?
23rd November 2007 10:24 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl
quote:
Gazza wrote:

Well, if they have Ronnie Wood and they are cheap tickets I'm sure they can fill it, also they can tour with an overrated bassist from a popular band and add more and different fans

23rd November 2007 10:36 PM
LoveinVainRonnie I can't remember where I heard it, but I think it was from a clip of Ronnie Lanes documentary...That mentioned the faces at one point played to 100,000 plus seaters...It was probably UK though.

I don't think they could make it a real tour. A couple dates in key locations would suffice. If they promoted it right they could make it successful. I don't really see the point of playing to more than 20,000 people really.

I was at a Rod show this year that was sold out 20,000 people.

It isn't the size of the crowd, but if they can rock it still...If they look like old sods up there, then a tour would be pointless.
23rd November 2007 10:40 PM
VoodooChileInWOnderl Other thing they need to do to tour is a new album, if they tour as another "Reunion Tour" with no new material it will be as pointed above a few-dates mini tour of arenas
23rd November 2007 10:43 PM
LoveinVainRonnie
quote:
VoodooChileInWOnderl wrote:
Other thing they need to do to tour is a new album, if they tour as another "Reunion Tour" with no new material it will be as pointed above a few-dates mini tour of arenas

Yeah, I agree. It really would need new material, or atleast another best of type collection with a couple new songs on it.

The thing is The Faces were a touring band/album band. They didn't have but one or two hits...But they did really well touring. I wouldn't expect them to be huge again or anything...I just would enjoy seeing Ron and Rod up there...Their friendship and chemistry has always been good and endearing to me.
24th November 2007 07:56 AM
Gazza
quote:
LoveinVainRonnie wrote:
I can't remember where I heard it, but I think it was from a clip of Ronnie Lanes documentary...That mentioned the faces at one point played to 100,000 plus seaters...It was probably UK though.

Theres nowhere in the UK that had (or has) venues that size.

When the Faces were going, there only were about 1 or 2 venues that could hold 10,000 people, let alone 100,000.
24th November 2007 08:43 AM
erikjjf They played Reading and other festivals a few times, but they never had 100,000 at their own headline shows.
Page: 1 2

Search for information in the wet page, the archives and this board:

PicoSearch
The Rolling Stones World Tour 2005 Rolling Stones Bigger Bang Tour 2005 2006 Rolling Stones Forum - Rolling Stones Message Board - Mick Jagger - Keith Richards - Brian Jones - Charlie Watts - Ian Stewart - Stu - Bill Wyman - Mick Taylor - Ronnie Wood - Ron Wood - Rolling Stones 2005 Tour - Farewell Tour - Rolling Stones: Onstage World Tour A Bigger Bang US Tour

NEW: SEARCH ZONE:
Search for goods, you'll find the impossible collector's item!!!
Enter artist an start searching using "Power Search" (RECOMMENDED)